Coronado Springs First-Timer

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
We are considering staying at CSR for our next trip. With 2 previous stays at POR we are well acquainted with the relative size of CSR as it looks like it is similar in size to POR. The two main things that have kept us from staying there is 1) the convention factor and 2) the distance from MK, where we spend most of our park time.

We usually use the resort for sleeping, showering and swimming. Even if a large convention is going on while we are there, will we notice any appreciable difference in our resort experience? Will it be much harder to get a bus, food, etc.?

With a convention going on, they will not be going to the parks until late, so you won't notice any large crowds during normal times.

The Marketplace may be busy in the morning before they have to be where they need to get.

I would check out the CSR thread; it is one of the best maintained threads here.

DH and I spent 3 fantastic days there only last week. I had reservations to say the least, but I have to say we loved it. Beautiful resort, with 3 distinct themes. We were in Section 9B Cabanas in a king room and what a fabulous location, only 5 mins from both the main pool, quiet pool and El Centro.
There were a couple of conventions going on, but never once did we feel out of place. The only theme park visit we did was to MNSSHP and we waited about 5 mins for a bus each way and it took on average 10 mins to get to our destination.
We wouldn't hesitate to book at CSR again and that's coming from someone who is totally in love with POR and WL.

We are considering staying at CSR for our next trip. With 2 previous stays at POR we are well acquainted with the relative size of CSR as it looks like it is similar in size to POR. The two main things that have kept us from staying there is 1) the convention factor and 2) the distance from MK, where we spend most of our park time.

We usually use the resort for sleeping, showering and swimming. Even if a large convention is going on while we are there, will we notice any appreciable difference in our resort experience? Will it be much harder to get a bus, food, etc.?

CSR hosts several conventions per year, but only a few that I would consider large. One of the largest and most intrusive (the Grainger show) has moved to the Orlando Convention Center for 2013. During the Grainger show, it was not unusual to have tents set up on the grounds and for the pool to be closed for a day or two.

Most conventions are much smaller, and there is little impact on leisure guests. Occasionally, a convention might have an event outside the convention center (I posted on the CSR thread about a convention in May 2013 that will have a reception on the beach). Depending on the group, there may be more people at the bar at night. If the convention does not provide breakfast, Pepper Market and Cafe Rix may be more crowded than usual.

Now for the good news. :thumbsup2 Most convention-goers will be in the convention center all day, which means they are not at the pool or on the buses. Typically, buses at CSR are relatively uncrowded given the size of the resort. I have never heard of a convention that disrupts guests like the Grainger show, and it is no longer at CSR. Many conventions provide breakfast and lunch (and sometimes dinner) at the convention center, so you might find the restaurants to be less crowded when there is a convention. Larger conventions usually provide food for attendees.

We have stayed at CSR four times and I think there was at least one convention every time. We saw a few people with lanyards and nametags, but we didn't notice any other impact except empty buses and an empty pool.

We stayed at CSR this past May and did notice quite a few conventioneers walking around, but it didn't seem to have any impact on the pool, bus or restaurants.

we stayed there this past august and didn't notice any conventioners at all. we really liked that resort.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using DISBoards App

It does seem pretty nice. Is the bussing situation similar to the one ar POR?

CSR is one of our favs too! As far as the bus service we've found it to be better than some other resorts. There are 4 distinct bus stops in a set pattern, and CSR never shares busses with another resort.

MK is the farthest, but really only about 15-17 minutes depending on traffic. DHS and AK are very close so it's a short ride for those. Because those are so short a distance some busses will stop at Blizzard Beach too depending on the time of day (and if BB is open). Epcot is about 10 minutes once you leave the CSR gates.

We have never had an issue with the bus service here. Now and then you'll see, for example, 3 MK busses in a row and no Epcot bus, but that can happen at any resort and is not the norm.

Do the busses to MK go straight through or will they stop somewhere else in the morning?

jhaig said:
Do the busses to MK go straight through or will they stop somewhere else in the morning?

The Magic Kingdom busses go straight to the park once they leave the report. Just remember there are 4 stops in the resort itself. When we stayed last year, we were super impressed with the bus service (and the resort itself). We loved it so much we will be back in a few days!

The MK bus will go around to the 4 bus stops at CSR, but it will then go straight to MK, no other stops at another resort or park.

The MK bus will go around to the 4 bus stops at CSR, but it will then go straight to MK, no other stops at another resort or park.

What is the order that the busses will pick up and does that order stay the same throughout the day? Will there be standing room only if you're the last stop just like at POR?

jhaig said:
What is the order that the busses will pick up and does that order stay the same throughout the day? Will there be standing room only if you're the last stop just like at POR?

The park busses do keep the same order all day. The first stop is actually Stop #2, near Casitas 4. Then it goes to Stop #3 (Ranchos), Stop #4 (Cabanas), and the last stop before heading out to the parks is actually Stop #1, at El Centro.

We were in Casitas 4, so the first stop, and never had to stand. We actually had a bus all to ourselves several times. We never experienced people having to stand even if they got on at the last stop. However, we were there the first week of November, which was a pretty low crowd week last year.

There were also several conventions going on, which I'd guess helped with having empty busses in the mornings. The only time we really noticed convention attendees was the morning we had breakfast at Pepper Market.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter