Coral Reef Review

I think with all dining establishments they have some dishes that are better than others and some servers are much better than others. We had friends dining at the very same time we were, they enjoyed their food but couldn't complain enough about the snails paced service.

I had read many reviews about the crab cakes and had decided to steer clear of those before I ever hit the door. They seem to get bad to medicore reviews here on the boards.

Sorry you had a poor experience. I had a bad one at my favorite "Le Cellier" but I'm returning in Feb. to try it again. I am a member of the three strikes your off my list club.

We have always had a good experience here an dcannot understand the reviews that really hammer this place. At it's worst it could never be as bad as some people make it out to be.

dawgfan said:
We have always had a good experience here an dcannot understand the reviews that really hammer this place. At it's worst it could never be as bad as some people make it out to be.

I was told my some of the CM's that since they closed & reopened that they have had a hard time keeping an executive chef- hence the main problem. However their pastry chef seems to be doing a great job. I wonder if they have their own or if there is a team for all of the restaurants?

I just had dinner there about 4 days ago the STEAK was great

Make SURE to ask for a Window next to the aquarium

thats where we went wrong.

There is both a sirloin and a ny strip listed on the lunch menu. Anyone have an opinion as to which is better???

We also just ate here for dinner on July 27th and had a wonderful time!! We requested a booth and were placed in the front row of booths. What a great view of the aquarium. The kids just loved it!!!! They loved pointing out the sharks, sea turtles, divers, and schools of fish. We have an almost 2yo who of course was not on the dining plan but our waitress gave us lots of suggestions how to share our meal with choices he would like.

Apps: Shrimp cocktail
Lobster bisque
Linguini (which 2 yo DS used as his meal)

Entrees: two crab cake meals
DD ordered pasta from kids menu

Dessert: Creme Brulee
Chocolate Wave
Make your own sundea

DH and I liked the crab cakes. They tasted and smelled very fresh. I was surprised when another poster noted the sausage was very hot - our was not. 5yo DD tried some also and liked it and she tells you when something burns in her mouth. So I guess it depends on who is cooking the evening you go!!

MinnieGi said:
We also just ate here for dinner on July 27th and had a wonderful time!! We requested a booth and were placed in the front row of booths. What a great view of the aquarium. The kids just loved it!!!! They loved pointing out the sharks, sea turtles, divers, and schools of fish. We have an almost 2yo who of course was not on the dining plan but our waitress gave us lots of suggestions how to share our meal with choices he would like.

Apps: Shrimp cocktail
Lobster bisque
Linguini (which 2 yo DS used as his meal)

Entrees: two crab cake meals
DD ordered pasta from kids menu

Dessert: Creme Brulee
Chocolate Wave
Make your own sundea

DH and I liked the crab cakes. They tasted and smelled very fresh. I was surprised when another poster noted the sausage was very hot - our was not. 5yo DD tried some also and liked it and she tells you when something burns in her mouth. So I guess it depends on who is cooking the evening you go!!

I'm glad you had a great time- the aquarium is wonderful. I adore crabcakes, I'm glad yours were better than ours. :thumbsup2

Thank Goodness I ran across this! We're going here on Sept. 13 (my B-day!) and really are looking foreward to it. Makes me nervous when there's bad reviews or someone gets sick somewhere... I think we'll enjoy the aquariums and the divers.
I expect my 2 year olds lobster to be FREE!!! (Just Kidding!)

Thank You for posting something positive! Hope I get your server (I wrote down his name and will try to request him!)

Thanks!
UtahMama

I really want to go to CR. My poor sister is scared to go though. My mom has been reading the reviews, and sadly decided not to go. She read to many bad ones. We decided to go to Merikesh instead. Should be good.

We have eaten at the CR a few times and our experiences have ranged from outstanding to good. Last October at the very end of free dining the place was a mad house. The pace of the meal was all off, but the food was excellent as always.

We are going back this October. I can't wait! Love the Chocolate Wave.

:thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing your review. It was wonderful. Glad you had such a nice experience. Makes me look even MORE forward to eating at CR in October!!! We can't wait! :banana: :banana: :yay:

Meal sounds great! And glad all went well! This will definitely be on our list for when we go, even if just for lunch. Chocolate Wave :goodvibes

Thanks for the great review. We will be eating at CR for the first time in December so it was nice to read your positive review. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter