Coral Reef or Teppan Edo?

talanjohn

Earning My Ears
I'm still trying to eliminate one of my ADR's. It is my sister-in-law, myself, and two 11 year old boys. Which would be more entertaining and which food would suit a picky boy?

Be careful Teppan Edo uses MSG

I say Coral Reef, it is a fun atmosphere for kids, Teppan may not hold their attention.

I never ate at Teppan Edo, BUT we have a place like that here where i live and my entire family loves it...very entertaining w/them cooking in front of you etc. Think the boys would really enjoy it!

Coral Reef we ate at 3 years ago and was nothing "fun" at all! Food was ok - dessert was really good..won't be going back!

lisa

Both can be entertaining, so basically it depends on what type of food the 11 year old's would enjoy. Both have a variety of beef, chicken, seafood.

I'd go with Teppan Edo as well. Our more recent trips to Coral Reef have been disappointing. Portions small, prices high. You can enjoy the aquarium without the meal by going into the Living Seas pavilion. The more 'into' the meal/entertainment you are at Teppan Edo, the better show you get. Have a great time where ever you decide to eat!

We had a great meal at Tepan Edo last week. my 3 year old was riveted by the chef.

I'm glad to hear that everyone likes Teppan Edo. OP, I had this exact same dilemma. We had to choose between Coral Reef and Teppan Edo. We choose Teppan Edo mostly because I LOVE Japanese food.

My DS is also 11 and Teppan Edo is his absolute favorite Disney restaurant. He insists we find a way to fit it in on every trip!

Silly question-- is it hibachi style?? If so it is on our list for the next trip!

We ate at Teppan Edo last year with our 5 year old grandson. When we asked him where he wanted to eat this August his first response was Japanese. He loves that place. My husband and I have eaten there many times on our own and have never been disappointed.

We ate at both CR and Teppan Edo on our trip in Aug. My favorite restaurant of the trip was CR and my kids favorite was Teppan Edo. My kids were 14, 12 & 7. My 12 yr old liked it so much that he wanted to go to our nearest habachi steakhouse for his 13th bday last week. It wasn't nearly as good as Teppan Edo.

im001006.jpg

Yes - it is Hibachi style...

Teppan Edo is a family tradition ....so we HAVE to go there every time.

It's been years since I've been to Coral Reef...so I can't speak vs. that....

But my DS17 (who has been to Disney 10 times) says that "Teppan Edo" is his favorite thing to do during the WHOLE WDW trip !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter