CoP revoice (not a rumor)

Whoever does the current voice totally reminds me of Norm McDonald, so that is who I would choose.

I have been wondering for years who it sounds like and you hit the nail on the head... Norm McDonald would be awesome.

I think they need to take the last scene back to the 1960s scene that was there previously. I like the idea of the ride being the 1900ish, 1920ish, 1940ish, and 1960ish. Surely the voice part is still filed away for that version somewhere.

We love Morgan Freeman in Hall of Presidents. We love James Earl Jones as Darth Vader, and yet we get past it to enjoy. Jonathan Frakes would have my adult sons cutting in front of people to get into the place. Tom Hanks would also be cool. If we are to follow the teaching of Disney himself, then we are all growing and moving forward. I am okay with that as long as they leave the Tiki Room alone. LOL

I think they need to take the last scene back to the 1960s scene that was there previously. I like the idea of the ride being the 1900ish, 1920ish, 1940ish, and 1960ish. Surely the voice part is still filed away for that version somewhere.

I like the idea of even progress intervals but it leaves out 60 years of progress. I think another option would be to leave the 1900 scene untouched, modify the 1920 scene into a 1930 scene with minor changes, cut the 1940 scene in favor of bringing back the 1960 scene (love the model in the window), and add a 1990 scene that's updated.

Problem is even with 30 year intervals the ride is outdated the day it opens. They could do 40 year intervals to be up to date (keeping 1900 and 1940) but then it loses 2 of the original Walt Disney scenes which is a big part of the charm of the ride.

I'm torn between wanting to see an updated version and wanting to keep all of the scenes that had input from Walt Disney.

I have to agree. CoP is a family favorite with us.

Same here, we'd hate to see it go!
But a new or updated last scene would make sense. I wonder if there is any technical way to copy the original voice using computer software and reassembeling the sounds to create new words. I bet there is.

This is Shep!!!! The great Jean Shepard. You can't replace him. He was the best voice on radio. Leave it alone.

For Father: Tom Bodett, the humorist on NPR's "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" who is best know for his line, "I'm Tom Bodett for Motel 6, and we'll leave the light on for you."

If it needed to be revoiced due to whatever reason, does anyone currently hold the proper "status" and have the right type of voice to do CoP justice and have it turn out good enough to not want to dry heave when the curtains open?

Someone said Jonathan Frakes to me the other day and I discounted it at first but now I don't know if I can come up with anybody without finding fault in them either in the speaking part or singing part or "reputation" IRL.

Who would be on your short list? Does it even need to be a known person?

Tom Hanks
Morgan Freeman

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter