• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

convince me that offsite is ok...

we always stay offsite, a two or 3 bdrm condo, pool, jacuzzi etc. we prefer it, luxury at
a cost we can afford. we like being able to cook if we want to, or stay home for dinner
a couple nights and then go blow a ton of money somewhere fancy! we have kids who are
teens and older so miday naps/breaks aren't as big an issue, plus we go for 2 weeks at a
time and it makes it easy to decide to leave a park early for a swim and not miss anything.
we also have annual passes. we go 2 wks at the beginning of the yr on our pass and 2 wks
at the end of the yr on our passes, unlimited water parks are a luxury(my one besetting sin,
floating the lazy rivers)lol, so it works for us. wd i like to be able to afford the grand floridian?
sure, but i find we have lots to do, nice accomodations, washer dryer(which means i can
just about NOT PACK ANYTHING and go! even when our kids were younger we stayed off-
site, but to each their own! i don't think u'll miss much! and u can always head over there
for meals!

I have visited 4 times so far and will be out again in August and we always stay off site, we have a great time - the villa we use has a Disney room for the kids (all decorated, bed covers & toys) and as my DS is a fussy eater we just find it more convenient. This year we are coming for 3 weeks and I don't think that we could afford to stay on site. I have never found the traffic that bad, DH doesn't drive so its down to me and I quite enjoy it actually - totally different from traffic in London - your all so much more considerate.

I looked at the website for the super 8, and it is 6 miles from Disney, basically on 192 in Kissimmee. If you are familiar with the area, you will know that the traffic through there is terrible! There are alot of red lights, and it could take you quite a while to get to your hotel! I guess it just depends on if a long travel time matters to you or not during your vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter