Contemporary vs Poly

Polly or Contemporary?

• Polly

• Contemporary

Results are only viewable after voting.

FtWildrns5

<font color=green>1296 miles from Fort Wilderness<
The people on the trip - DW, DS(12), DS(10), DD(10) and myself.

The dates June 18 - 25.

This is in celebration of our 20th wedding anniversary so we are splurging on a deluxe rather than a family suite at AoA. The AoA would only be about $126 per day less than the Poly anyway.

Our choices the Poly or the Contemporary. The Poly is $113 more per day than the CR but I'm thinking that we may like it more. Why? more themed and the volcano pool for the kids (OK maybe me too).

Any help or suggestions on why we should pick one over the other?

My choice would be the Poly as it's our favorite resort. We've never stayed at the CR, but we love everything about the Poly. We love the tropical surroundings, the volcano pool is our favorite pool on property, the beach is great for relaxing in a hammock watching the fireworks, Captain Cooks is great for quick CS meals/snacks, and it's nice walking around at night under the lit tiki torches. Plus it's just a 5-7 minute walk to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail.

Thanks Mickeynut. The hammock and beach for the fireworks sounds great. Does it fill up or is it one of those little known things that only a few people use?

We have not stayed at Poly, but have stayed at CR twice and made a visit to check out Poly.

We are open to staying at Poly and I am not knocking it in any way, but this is why we love CR:

The walk way to MK.....it is always faster than the monorail and just so convenient.

The view.....I know Poly has TPV as well, but CR TPV puts you so close to the MK. I swear I could reach off our balcony and touch Space Mountain. Wishes from the balcony is amazing! Even if you dont do TPV, BLV (Bay Lake view) is amazing, so serene and relaxing.

Everything under one roof....once you are in the resort, everything is an elevator ride away. After staying at WL and YC recently, we really learned to love the convenience of not having winding hallways or long walks to get to our room after a long day in the parks. (Something to think about if you are in June and the rainy afternoons)

DH and I honestly did not think we would like CR, but the kids insisted on giving it a try and for all the reasons above, it will be our "go to" resort from now on.

I think they are both nice, but I voted for the Poly for the following reasons:

1) you said you thought you'd like the theming more
2) volcano pool is fun, esp for kids
3) the beach access and castle views from the pool
4) fun dining choices
5) easy access to both MK and Epcot
6) for a warm weather trip, it's fun to have that tropical theme
7) beautiful grounds
8) perfect straight-on view of Wishes (and the EWP) from the beach
9) more relaxing and "romantic" for an anniversary trip -- we love the hammocks on the beach

I had to choose, but I think either is a great choice. They are both in great locations... I would use theming/decor/atmosphere to choose.

Thanks Mickeynut. The hammock and beach for the fireworks sounds great. Does it fill up or is it one of those little known things that only a few people use?

We didn't find the beach all that crowded during our stay, but I guess it can get busy during certain times of the year as the beach is a popular place that alot of guests not staying at the Poly like to check out. There are only a few hammocks and of course they're first come first serve, but we used them a few times in the afternoon after being in the pool and then a few times watching the fireworks. But even if a hammock isn't available, it's still nice to sit and relax on the beach watching the fireworks. I don't think you would be disappointed if you chose the Poly. We think it's an amazing resort with beautiful surroundings and a great theme :goodvibes.

In the last year, my family (myself, wife, DD6, DD8) have stayed 10 nights in the Atrium Club at CR, 9 nights at the Sugar Loaf Club at GF, and 8 nights at in Tokelau at Polynesian. Despite the fact that our stays at the GF and CR were club level, I still preferred the Poly stay in a "regular" room. First, the room was freaking huge, seemed much bigger than CR and GF. Two, location location location. LOVED getting off the Epcot monorail and just strolling to our hotel room. No need to get on another monorail and endure 3 more stop until you reach CR. Third, the swimming pool / tiki bar at Polynesian is far superior to the pool at the CR. Yes, the CR has the view, and the CR has everything under one roof, but the only points I'd give to the CR is the arcade. Best arcade of the deluxes.

We are big CR fans. We love the walkway to the MK, its quick and convenient. It never breaks down and you never have to wait in line for it. The mnorail to Epcot is nice as well. The pool is a bit plain but it is close to the lake and it's wet. The waterside is ok too. It's never as busy as the Poly pool. I like having it all under one roof and I prefer the eating options at the CR. we really enjoy the contempo cafe over captain cooks (but we like captain cooks too). I like watching the monorail go in and out of the hotel as well. Also, if you book a tower room you will have a balcony and a view of either the lake or the MK. The garden wing rooms are lovely but no guaranteed balcony but also have a substantial cost savings. It bothers me that the Poly has quite a few rooms with no balcony.

The Poly is lovely and well themed. It's a great choice too and I don't think you can go wrong with either resort. I would not pay $113 more per night for the Poly over the CR. Not a chance.

the Poly is romantic for those late night walks along the paths with the tiki lights. food option are great! My three kids do not want to stay anywhere else. I do not either.

Having been spoiled by Disney with an upgrade to a TPV room at the Poly from POR I would for sure go there.....ahhh it was magical!

We've stayed at both, and I'd say Poly. As much as we LOVE atrium club at CR, the theming, layout and grounds at Poly are so relaxing and festive. We prefer the dining options at Poly - both TS (love Kona) and CS (Captain Cook's is pretty good for CS.) I think the pool at CR is quite nice, primarily because it's so uncrowded and mellow, but the volcano pool is lively and fun and it's nice to be near the beach with a view of the castle. And I like at least a few minutes out on the balcony each day - at Poly, that's just on the 3rd floor, but at CR it's quite high and definitely not as relaxing. Transportation is generally better at Poly (unless you are leaving MK after Wishes - boo!) Monorail from Poly to BOTH MK and Epcot is direct, but to get from CR to Epcot, you have to transfer monorails at TTC. Again, I really loved atrium club at CR and the ability to walk to MK is wonderful, but Poly still wins!

Looking like it will be the Poly for this trip. I am a little worried that this splurge on a Deluxe will make want to keep doing a Deluxe on future trips as well. Maybe the next time we will do the CR to save a little bit of cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter