CONTEMPORARY MOSQUITOES?

We lived in New Orleans for 4 years and once a year, for about 2-3 weeks, its termite season. They swarm, annoy, linger. Its the WORST! Then, poof! They're gone until the next year. Not sure if that's what these bugs are, but hopefully its just one of those type things. You can't control it, you just wait it out.
Bugs are yucky.

We lived in New Orleans for 4 years and once a year, for about 2-3 weeks, its termite season. They swarm, annoy, linger. Its the WORST! Then, poof! They're gone until the next year. Not sure if that's what these bugs are, but hopefully its just one of those type things. You can't control it, you just wait it out.
Bugs are yucky.
That’s not what I saw. Live in NOLA & know about the disgusting dreaded Formosan termite swarms. Yuck!! This was not that. What I saw is definitely mosquitoes.

My DBF and I just finished up our most recent vacation tonight which ended with us watching HEA at the Contemporary.
Bugs aside, how was watching HEA from the Contemporary? Could you make anything out at the castle at all? Worth it? Were you on the 16th floor by Cali Grill, or on the 4th floor deck?

They're most likely 'blind mosquitoes' or midges. I'm usually down at WDW in late October and depending on the weather the swarms can be crazy in late Oct around the Contemporary. A few years back the entire dock area was coated at night time to where people waited by the pools and then ran down the dock when the boats arrived. Didn't help as the seats on the boat were coated with the dead blind mosquitoes and they would get on your pants.

Good news in that they don't bite ... they're just a mess.

They're most likely 'blind mosquitoes' or midges. I'm usually down at WDW in late October and depending on the weather the swarms can be crazy in late Oct around the Contemporary. A few years back the entire dock area was coated at night time to where people waited by the pools and then ran down the dock when the boats arrived. Didn't help as the seats on the boat were coated with the dead blind mosquitoes and they would get on your pants.

Good news in that they don't bite ... they're just a mess.

Agree with this. If you search here you will see that this is typical for October at the Contemporary.

Love bugs and mosquitoes don't look anything alike.

Bugs aside, how was watching HEA from the Contemporary? Could you make anything out at the castle at all? Worth it? Were you on the 16th floor by Cali Grill, or on the 4th floor deck?

Oh, it was amazing! We were on the 4th deck. My boyfriend was skeptical because it was his first time seeing HEA (he likes to wait to see things at the parks where I watch them online because I know it doesn’t ruin the magic for me). But he LOVED IT and so did I! You can’t see the front castle projections, but you can catch a glimpse of the bigger ones like the castle changing for the beginning scene where it’s all red and gold you see those. You can’t see the smaller details like Tiana and the Hunchback at the beginning, etc.

I would say get there early so you can have the front row seats where it’s fully immersive and no one is in front of you. I got there at 8 and was front row and I felt like I was pretty much smack dab in the Magic Kingdom. I cried pretty much the entire show!

My ONLY flaw is that the music should be piped in louder. If you aren’t in the front like we were you may have be able to hear it better, but it was fantastic.

My boyfriend and I shared a meal and a beer while watching FREE fireworks. No complaints from me, it was so amazing.

Someone reported on another board that the Wilderness Lodge was recently swarmed by what CMs called non-biting male mosquitoes.

No bugs on the balcony last night, maybe because it was cooler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter