contemporary hotel arcade leaving

mlholster said:
Does anyone remember the movie theater in the arcade? This would be in the 70's. It was located back by where the air hockey is now. I think thye showed Disney movies, of course. I remember my kids loved it for an afternoon break. I am not happy they might move it, it always seemed HUGE, larger than life, just part of the magic feeling :confused3
Lynn in IL.

Yes!
I was just going to post about this.

I loved the theater. Back then the arcade was mostly pinball machines and air hockey. I was 7yo at the time and would sit in the theater and watch Herbie The Love Bug or whatever else they had on.

vonpluto said:
This is one of the points overlooked in all the Who-Ha about what going to happen at the CR. :listen:

Even if the new arcade takes over the entire Fantasia/Sundrie area, it will still be less than half the size of the F&FC. :furious:

Bad idea. :sad2:

popcorn::
Actually from what I was told the Sundries store is staying, although with WDW you never know what will happen. Also it makes sense moving the arcade away from where it use to be. If you were to be having dinner at the new location of the Concourse Steakhouse, would you want to see a bunch of kids running in & out of the arcade & hearing all the noises with some of the games? Plus my gut feeling is they will be putting a bunch of the tables & etc where the arcade use to be, so that is why they need to move it. So it's a logical reason to move if you look at it from my view.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life said:
Actually from what I was told the Sundries store is staying, although with WDW you never know what will happen.
So, if the Sundrie store remains, the largest (and best) resort arcade becomes something akin to the size of Y&BC or PO, and maybe even smaller than DXL. oy geWalt :sad1:

CR Resort Fan 4 Life said:
Also it makes sense moving the arcade away from where it use to be. If you were to be having dinner at the new location of the Concourse Steakhouse, would you want to see a bunch of kids running in & out of the arcade & hearing all the noises with some of the games? Plus my gut feeling is they will be putting a bunch of the tables & etc where the arcade use to be, so that is why they need to move it. So it's a logical reason to move if you look at it from my view.

IMHO, leave the arcade where it is, move Chef Mickeys Zoo to the first floor and return some civility to the Grand Canyon Concourse. :rolleyes1

But, Iger does not sanction any of my ideas. :lmao:

vonpluto said:
So, if the Sundrie store remains, the largest (and best) resort arcade becomes something akin to the size of Y&BC or PO, and maybe even smaller than DXL. oy geWalt :sad1:

IMHO, leave the arcade where it is, move Chef Mickeys Zoo to the first floor and return some civility to the Grand Canyon Concourse. :rolleyes1

But, Iger does not sanction any of my ideas. :lmao:
Once again I say it's a smart idea to move the arcade, because they need the extra room for the Concourse Steakhouse, if you have been there before & know how big the arcade room is, it makes the most sense. As for the arcade getting smaller, let's see what it will look like before we pass judgement on it.

Finally if your going to move Chef Mickey's to the 1st floor, where are you going to put the arcade? It would still have to move because Chef Mickey's needs a lot room for all tables of customers they get each morning, afternoon & evening. So to me that is a really stupid idea, moving Chef Mickey's because where they have it now is the perefct location.

Actually from what I was told the Sundries store is staying, although with WDW you never know what will happen. Also it makes sense moving the arcade away from where it use to be. If you were to be having dinner at the new location of the Concourse Steakhouse, would you want to see a bunch of kids running in & out of the arcade & hearing all the noises with some of the games? Plus my gut feeling is they will be putting a bunch of the tables & etc where the arcade use to be, so that is why they need to move it. So it's a logical reason to move if you look at it from my view.

Ok, I don't if anyone will read this, but here goes, the arcade is now on the 4th floor where fantasia used to be. The sundries shop is still there. The hours for the arcade are 8am to 11:30 PM. They are no longer 24 hours. The gift store is being moved to the middle of the concourse with huge walls capped by two giant mickey ears. The arcade can't really be seen. You come off the monorail and walk right by it. They have 1/3 of the games in 1/3 of the space. Yes the room looks nice, but it's not the same. As for the steakhouse yes its moving downstairs where the arcade used to be. Its getting a re-vamped (i.e higher priced) menu. Where the food center part was is going to be a giant bar/lounge that runs the width of the room. The contemporary had a restuarant on the second floor where all the convention guests go. They should have put the stupid restaurant there and left the arcade alone... 33 years of history down the drain. I just don't see how a smaller arcade will handle all the kids from the new dvc on rainy afternoon...maybe they'll have them go drink at the bar! Walt was a shrew business man, but somehow most of the changes going on at Disney have him spinning in his grave! Then again this is just my opinion.

Ok, I don't if anyone will read this, but here goes, the arcade is now on the 4th floor where fantasia used to be. The sundries shop is still there. The hours for the arcade are 8am to 11:30 PM. They are no longer 24 hours. The gift store is being moved to the middle of the concourse with huge walls capped by two giant mickey ears. The arcade can't really be seen. You come off the monorail and walk right by it. They have 1/3 of the games in 1/3 of the space. Yes the room looks nice, but it's not the same. As for the steakhouse yes its moving downstairs where the arcade used to be. Its getting a re-vamped (i.e higher priced) menu. Where the food center part was is going to be a giant bar/lounge that runs the width of the room. The contemporary had a restuarant on the second floor where all the convention guests go. They should have put the stupid restaurant there and left the arcade alone... 33 years of history down the drain. I just don't see how a smaller arcade will handle all the kids from the new dvc on rainy afternoon...maybe they'll have them go drink at the bar! Walt was a shrew business man, but somehow most of the changes going on at Disney have him spinning in his grave! Then again this is just my opinion.
Actually what you posted is old news. The arcade has been on the 4th floor where the Fantasia store use to be since mid April. I even got to see it in person last month and while it was not the same as the old location, I thought the game selection was not that bad.

Also the new restaurant replacing the Food & Fun Center is going to be called the Waive and is going to be completely different then the Concourse Steakhouse. It is also set to open in April 2008.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter