conspiracy theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
The house would not pass an amendment if there weren’t some evidence to support the investigation. The fact that something cited as a fringe “conspiracy theory” by small brained sheeple for 40 years is being investigated by the pentagon is huge
Actually this is really common. It's less of an investigation than a review of the records. They will have a couple of interns read through the executive summaries filed by certain departments during that time frame.

Government was doing research on lymes in ticks for biological warfare purposes and wanted to release uninfected ticks to track their spread and accidentally? released infected ones. Like I said, do some research.
The American Lyme Disease Foundation finds this notion laughable.

The research shows that there are records of Lyme Disease going back to the 18th century.

But just from a practical perspective...
We developed a biological weapon that relies on...
  1. being in one of the dozen states that get this tick
  2. a tick biting you.
  3. that tick remaining attached for more than a day and a half
  4. nobody noticing the big red rash, and lastly
  5. nobody bothering to treat it with common antibiotics like amoxicillin.
All during a time when the government had access to Ebola and Anthrax. It strains credulity. But if the house wants to take a look, I don't think it can hurt.

Deciding to look for evidence of something is a long way from being proof of that thing.

I think it’s hilarious that you’re saying I’m not competent. I am a medical professional with years of education. If I wasn’t competent someone could die. I make great money, I live in an upper class neighborhood and my husband owns a large thriving business. But ok, I’m a stupid incompetent redneck because I think outside the box. Goodbye, I’m done with you. I’ll just go back to my beautiful life and pretend like I’m no incompetent, lol.
I was called a crack pot and incompetent, can I not defend myself? And I’m sorry oh holier than thou but most people (including most people on this thread) blindly follow along and believe what they’re told without questioning like....wait for it....sheep! Sorry but facts are facts and I AM smarter then most people (I have a very high IQ, graduated high school at 16, have multiple awards and achievements) so I’m not trying to feel smart, I am smart. Sorry that a woman asserting her intelligence is intimidating to you. I do research for fun. I don’t keep all my materials or cite sources because I do it for my own entertainment.I was originally just trying to say that not all conspiracy theories are fake when I was attacked and laughed at by multiple immature people. My middle schooler is kinder than that. So sorry I defended myself by stating facts.

I must be a dunce (ha ha ha, I am kidding) because I am perplexed. When you go on any forum and engage in a meaningful discussion, having knowledge is great -- but you have to back it up. If we were to just agree on everything you said then we would be the sheep. We are clearly not sheep because we are asking for how you obtained your vast knowledge and understanding on this topic. Just one, one nugget of credible proof. If you are so smart, then you'd realize why we are asking (to form our own opinion) and therefore would give some relevant information other than, "do your own research." IMHO, you are only hurting your case when you say that. You could be absolutely correct, but because you have nothing to show for your extensive research, I cannot accurately come to a conclusion for myself. Sheep ... I think not.

And touting your socioeconomic status means squat. You could have inherited a lucrative family business and be a buffoon for all we know. (No, I don't truly believe that, but exclaiming that it means absolutely nothing. Having money does not make you intelligent.) And in that same token, I am not intimidated by intelligent women -- I am one myself. :)

(edited, misspelling)

Last edited:
Warning, there are disturbing images of smallpox in this link, but if anyone is brave enough I found it to be a fascinating look at history https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-england-birmingham-45101091

what I find interesting is how so many people can’t wrap their minds around the idea that pandemics have always been a part of life.They act like it just HAS to be a conspiracy, it HAS to be lab-made, or that it’s all a ploy for some vaccine maker to get rich. Are they unaware of other such pandemics in history? I also wondered if COVID manifested itself like smallpox, if some would change their tune about how evil all vaccines are and how they just make us sicker, because they can SEE the horrific effects of smallpox on the body, and maybe it’s harder for some to believe the things they can’t see, in relation to COVID19’s effect on the lungs. I do understand that not everyone can safely have vaccines, and yes, I know there is corruption everywhere, including the medical field, but I just feel like we’ve gotten so spoiled with how relatively safe and healthy our world is today, that people just don’t grasp that these horrible things can truly happen in nature without it being a human plot. (Also found this article horrifying in that the inventor of the smallpox vaccine tested it on a young child first and then deliberately tried to give him smallpox, can you imagine?!

I love all the ones that claim "the government" is some master puppeteer. LOL. Our government has proven time and again that they are completely incapable of pulling off any level of strategy that requires multiple arms of governments working together simultaneously for a common goal.

I don't think there is an education or religious or socioeconomic pigeonhole for conspiracy theorists, they seem to come from all walks of life. I've seen the Plandemic video posted by people I know well, people with the a comparable education level as me, who live in similar communities, are the same religion, same approximate age, same race, etc.. But, my "bull" meter was going off pretty darn quick when I watched that video.... and they are sharing it. One is sharing it repetitively in different formats because FB keeps taking them down.

I was called a crack pot and incompetent, can I not defend myself? And I’m sorry oh holier than thou but most people (including most people on this thread) blindly follow along and believe what they’re told without questioning like....wait for it....sheep! Sorry but facts are facts and I AM smarter then most people (I have a very high IQ, graduated high school at 16, have multiple awards and achievements) so I’m not trying to feel smart, I am smart. Sorry that a woman asserting her intelligence is intimidating to you. I do research for fun. I don’t keep all my materials or cite sources because I do it for my own entertainment.I was originally just trying to say that not all conspiracy theories are fake when I was attacked and laughed at by multiple immature people. My middle schooler is kinder than that. So sorry I defended myself by stating facts.

I can't help but think those that believe conspiracy theories are the same type of people that readily believed Himmler's propaganda.

Last edited:
The most ridiculous conspiracy theories in my opinion are:

Gulf on Tonken
Operation Paper Clip
Tuskegee experiment
MK Ultra

I mean anyone who thinks the government would do anything to hurt their citizens is just insane and should be evaluated by a medical professional. They are dangerous, too.

Some people apparently do need psychiatric help.

I love all the ones that claim "the government" is some master puppeteer. LOL. Our government has proven time and again that they are completely incapable of pulling off any level of strategy that requires multiple arms of governments working together simultaneously for a common goal.

I'm still trying to figure out in addition to getting our government to work together to fool us, they also managed to get the Chinese, Italian, and Spanish governments in on it as well.

In my experience, the ones who claim to be the smartest . . . aren't

A big conspiracy theory that bugs me? That the earth is under 10,000 years old.
And if you want your mind blown - go visit the Creation Musuem in KY - it was quite the experience. The musuem had answers for everything - such as - how did dinosaurs fit on Noah's Ark. The answer - they took baby dinosaurs.

It was your FIRST post. :lmao:How are you defending something that hadn’t happened yet?

It amazing to me how well educated and BRILLIANT people are on the internet. You will not back up your “facts” with a source. That’s Internet 101. You are calling people names, insulting their intelligence and asserting how much smarter you are than everyone else. If you were to tell us you “know people” we’d have the internet trifecta.

eta: woman here, asserting my own intelligence

Last edited:
I DO believe there are unexplained things that we will never know about going on. I don't believe some of the topic you brought up . But for sure there are some things going on around us that are far greater than what we know.

Don't the smartest people claim they are ignorant? That is what Dunning and Kruger's research on cognitive bias concluded.

If that were true, I don't think anyone would be a member of Mensa.

I think people have a general distrust of the wealthy? So they can't believe that someone is truly willing to use some of their wealth to do good in the world?

It doesn't make much sense to me though considering the same people I see claiming this are generally big supporters of the current president... who is also wealthy.
Isn’t that the truth

Wait...one of my friends on FB shared the Plandemic video urging people to watch it. I didn't have time to watch it so didn't. Is it basically saying COVID-19 is a hoax? If so that's not good...she's a nurse!

Yes. This person even believed mermaids were real, and being covered up by the government, after that fake documentary a few years ago.

They are so invested in conspiracy theories, I was able to convince them Slenderman was real back when he was still only a "creepypasta" - this backfired a few years later when those girls murdered their classmate supposedly in the name of Slenderman, because that just made this person go around telling people they already knew the truth about Slenderman because I told them about him. Oofgh.

I'm still trying to figure out in addition to getting our government to work together to fool us, they also managed to get the Chinese, Italian, and Spanish governments in on it as well.
One of my friends claims this virus will all magically disappear after the election. I’m
Assuming she means this is all fabricated to get rid of trump. So I suppose the whole world is in on that scheme. I’m not totally sure what she meant because I don’t engage her in these things.

A PP had a good point. This friend is very unhappy, always looking at the dark side. It’s no surprise she is taken in by all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter