Considering a Christmas trip to WDW: anyone else?

Home from our Christmas trip. No regrets! We stayed at Cabana Bay and loved it. We wore n95 the whole time. Got my youngest his dose 2 of Pfizer while there. Lost my credit card in the volcano bay lazy river but got it back at end of day. My phone got the black screen of death and was useless for the last half of the trip. Utilized early entry and late touring to avoid the crush of humanity. Had a blissful Christmas Day at Discovery Cove after Christmas Eve buffet at Boma. Departed from Sanford airport which was a calm and quiet dream compared with MCO. BeeperMD was a fail but got free testing elsewhere.

Came home covid free only to find my husband got covid from work and was sick as a dog almost the whole time we were gone.

Oh Geez! I hope he's not contagious still!

Home from our Christmas trip. No regrets! We stayed at Cabana Bay and loved it. We wore n95 the whole time. Got my youngest his dose 2 of Pfizer while there. Lost my credit card in the volcano bay lazy river but got it back at end of day. My phone got the black screen of death and was useless for the last half of the trip. Utilized early entry and late touring to avoid the crush of humanity. Had a blissful Christmas Day at Discovery Cove after Christmas Eve buffet at Boma. Departed from Sanford airport which was a calm and quiet dream compared with MCO. BeeperMD was a fail but got free testing elsewhere.

Came home covid free only to find my husband got covid from work and was sick as a dog almost the whole time we were gone.

Besides your husband and hope he fares well, happy to hear about your time away. And how special it was for you all.

That’s why we are staying in Florida for now.

We were there Christmas week too, ate inside several times, we wore masks of course on rides and indoors (not N95 I only had a few and saved them for our flights) and we tested several times including after our trip, no covid.
Family at home got it over Christmas and so did my husband’s hockey team, if we were home he’d be self isolating! So you never know, I know we were lucky but we could have caught it at home!

We are in Florida still. Weather is the best I think I’ve seen for December ! We have our boosters scheduled for Monday morning. I read all about these Beeper Md fails, so we booked Walgreens and cvs for Thursday . We will leave either Friday or Saturday. Really enjoyed Nashville, but could have just come straight here!
Glad to hear you are having a great time and weather! December/January can be very cold in central FL… in fact for our Christmas 2021 trip it was freezing first couple of days. But since about the 22nd it’s been almost record breaking warm there! Enjoy every last bit…
Disney is wonderful to heal our Canadian covid blues.

Glad to hear you are having a great time and weather! December/January can be very cold in central FL… in fact for our Christmas 2021 trip it was freezing first couple of days. But since about the 22nd it’s been almost record breaking warm there! Enjoy every last bit…
Disney is wonderful to heal our Canadian covid blues.

True, true. Ty, we are trying, today was our first chilly today/evening. We are loving it, and got boosted today 👍 just a sore shoulder.
Yesterday we went to Naples Pier Beach, was a fabulous day.
We even go shopping at night to be back after 10pm:rotfl:, our curfew back home. Just trying to soak in/up every moment before going back, as safely as possible.
My son messaged me today, he has to get tested , 😕, he worked side by side someone who is positive. he goes to aprivate company tomorrow. He promises me he feels fine, but I told him if not I’ll leave right away. The plan is now Fr or Saturday, back to work Monday.

Last edited:
True, true. Ty, we are trying, today was our first chilly today/evening. We are loving it, and got boosted today 👍 just a sore shoulder.
Yesterday we went to Naples Pier Beach, was a fabulous day.
We even go shopping at night to be back after 10pm:rotfl:, our curfew back home. Just trying to soak in/up every moment before going back, as safely as possible.
My son messaged me today, he has to get tested , 😕, he worked side by side someone who is positive. Ge gas a private company tomorrow. He promises me he feels fine, but I told him if not I’ll leave right away. The plan is now Fr or Saturday, back to work Monday.
Are you from Quebec? :( I mean Ontario is no picnic right now but we’ve never had a curfew. Sigh. Hope your son feels better soon!
I know, I read about the record breaking warmth in the SE US, I mean even if it is warm this time of the year, it’s almost always sweaters in the mornings/ evenings but I heard you didn’t need them the last week.
Soak up every moment indeed. We are considering heading back in a couple of weeks, we had a cruise Jan 16 which we are canceling but I’m tempted just to fly down anyway (we have flights from Buffalo already)… I just can’t even think about canceled everything at home. School, kid sports… indoor dining, gyms. I mean retail and personal services remains open but all I want to do is escape this bleak reality again.
Anyway you forget about this for now and enjoy your last few days of the vacation and safe journey home.

Are you from Quebec? :( I mean Ontario is no picnic right now but we’ve never had a curfew. Sigh. Hope your son feels better soon!
I know, I read about the record breaking warmth in the SE US, I mean even if it is warm this time of the year, it’s almost always sweaters in the mornings/ evenings but I heard you didn’t need them the last week.
Soak up every moment indeed. We are considering heading back in a couple of weeks, we had a cruise Jan 16 which we are canceling but I’m tempted just to fly down anyway (we have flights from Buffalo already)… I just can’t even think about canceled everything at home. School, kid sports… indoor dining, gyms. I mean retail and personal services remains open but all I want to do is escape this bleak reality again.
Anyway you forget about this for now and enjoy your last few days of the vacation and safe journey home.

Yes, Quebec 🙄. Thank you, he said he feels no symptoms, so I’m hoping they don’t develop and he’s negative. He must get a test before going back to work.

Last night was the first we had to dig a sweater out, but it’s warming up today. Usually December we need them as you say, I’ll take it though!

I am not anxious to return at all. Thank you for the well wishes. My typos in

the dark. 😬

Last edited:
Glad we went ahead with our trips and we had a great time. We spent 10 days at the parks always wearing our masks both indoor and outdoor except meal times. Everyone tested negative before we flew home to this frigid weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter