Connecting Rooms loud?

Ariel 2021

Mouseketeer
We have only been on the Wonder and have never had a connecting room. I'm looking at the Fantasy and see tons of connecting rooms, they're almost all connecting and it's actually hard to find an available non-connecting room. Are they loud? We have sensitive sleepers and are concerned about noise from the connecting rooms.

We have only been on the Wonder and have never had a connecting room. I'm looking at the Fantasy and see tons of connecting rooms, they're almost all connecting and it's actually hard to find an available non-connecting room. Are they loud? We have sensitive sleepers and are concerned about noise from the connecting rooms.
I find it's the noise generated by neighbors is more important than whether it's a connecting room. The walls between rooms are not all that thick, and the fact that there are two doors at the connection, makes the thickness there similar.

Any neighbors can be noisy- the connections part doesn’t matter as much as their behavior. That being said- earplugs, sound machine or app should help you stay fast asleep

^This. If anything, the doorway itself is going to conduct less sound, but given that the doorway between rooms is a small portion of the wall as a whole, I think the overall noise level is going to come down to luck of the draw. There’s just no way to know ahead of your trip whether you’ll end up with generally noisy neighbors, night owls who love listen to the tv at top volume, or folks who would find your family to be the noisy ones.

Add me to the "noisy neighbors are noisy period" crowd. TBH I've had more noise from non-connecting rooms than from connecting rooms - once the person in the non-connecting room next to me snored so loud you'd have thought they were in my cabin!

Noisy is noisy-connecting room or not. I am a very light sleeper. Bring ear plugs or use your phone a sound machine. You should be ok.

Agree with all above. I hear more in the hallway sometimes than from neighbors.
Yep, especially when kids are running down the hall -- thud, thud, thud. Being close to the elevator makes a difference as well.

I only had the problem twice and neither involved connecting rooms. I ended up sleeping on the verandah every night, which was actually nice. Both times the noise was because someone had health issues.
It's an alternative sleeping arrangement to consider if you encounter a problem.

This is more of an issue on the Magic and Wonder than on the Dream and Fantasy, in my experience (haven't sailed the Wish so can't speak to that), but in neither case is it awful. The sound protection is pretty decent. Non-connecting rooms are probably slightly quieter, but it's no biggie if you have a connector, and that's coming from an extremely sound-sensitive person. The worst issue I had with noise from a next door neighbor was over a New Year's cruise when the neighbor couple were having a drunken fight, and that was something we heard even though it was non-connecting.

When it comes to noise, the bigger issue is the location of your stateroom. Is it over or under a noisy deck? Is it in a noisy area of its own deck?

Last edited:
The worst experience I've had with loud neighbors was the one time I had a connecting room (it was on the Magic). Yes, there was a crying baby in the middle of the night, but Mom just had one of those incredibly loud voices that carries. Even when she was whispering when the baby slept we could hear her!! We knew ALL of their family drama!!

We've only ever heard neighbors once...on the Fantasy this past May. And actually it was only the alarm on their phone going off at 5:30 am. The problem was that the alarm was going off for a half hour and they didn't hear it. It became somewhat comical as DH could even hear it when he was in our bathroom. We mostly ended up laughing about it. Then, it happened again the next morning. We ended up writing a little note letting them know and they wrote a nice note back and it was all set.

I still don't know how they didn't hear it! But it was all good once we mentioned it.

How did you sleep on the verandah? I'm trying to figure out how one would even do this. Like, in one of the little chairs?
Lol...pillows and blanket...i like camping so compared to a sleeping bag in the woods this was luxury and no bugs!!!!. Actually it was great listening to the water and having the fresh air breeze. In the morning i felt refreshed and ready to go.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest