Connecting iPad to the TV in the room

I took the OP to mean (s)he wanted to catch up on movies - i.e., a single person. In which case, I’d just as soon use the iPad.

And if it were a bunch of little kids? I’d still use the iPad, if only to load exactly what I want on it.

But yes, if a family of five were hunkering down to watch “Infinity War,” I would opt for the TV.
A family of 2 adults that want to catch up on downloaded TV and Movies.
No children on this cruise with us.
And only 3 ports for the 14 day cruise. All onboard entertainment already booked.

Got back from our Panama Canal cruise on the Disney Wonder. It was a Samsung TV. The remote supplied has a option to switch to the HDMI ports.
Worked wonderfully. My iPad had plenty we could and did watch.

Reactions: RAD
Biggest issue as has been mentioned is to reset the tv exactly as it was. There have been occasions where previous cruisers set their own deal up and didn't reset it so the next occupants had issues with the tv in normal operation.

Good point if you make a change to the defaults.
When the TV shuts off it always has returned to it's normal input. What I did just temporarily switches to one of the HDMI inputs.

Good point if you make a change to the defaults.
When the TV shuts off it always has returned to it's normal input. What I did just temporarily switches to one of the HDMI inputs.
We are now on the Disney Fantasy for 15 days (2 b2b cruises). Samsung TV. They have blocked the TV's source selection option and refuse to enable it.Really annoying.

Last edited:
As others have stated if the hdmi port works that can use the standard plug other have mentioned. I bring a mini hd for storing photos and movies and music. Also I have a small 4K projector the size of a iPhone and it works well in hotel rooms. Also have a cloth screen if not easy wall.

The issue is that n the Disney Fantasy they have disabled the function that allows you to switch source inputs. So although I can physically connect to the HDMI port, I can't switch the tv to use it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter