Confused about Gringotts ride.

Thanks for the info about Forbidden Journey, I believe I rode it a few months after opening, honestly not quite sure but it was NEW and people were going NUTS lol

That’s a great tip but I don’t want to spoil the experience, is it a full live video of the ride?

I had to go back and check very specifically because I understand not wanting to be spoiled. They do have breakdown tags for each part of the video so it's not a full ridethrough vid perse' but he does go over story elements and gives a play by play of much of what happens. I would say it's definitely spoilery so avoid if you wish to be surprised. :D I'm a maaaajor ride chicken and going to try to give this ride a go too

I don’t know how anyone could call rip ride rocket smooth. Secure with a crushingly oppressive ride harness yes, smooth certainly not. The only coaster I’ve been on that is worse than RRR in terms of jerkiness is Chester and heater mouse trap style coasters.

Perception is so individual....I don't think Forbidden Journey jerks me around at all.
I think a lot of people end up suffering from motion sickness and disorientation on FJ, and that may lead to folks feeling like they were tossed around.

I love the Gringott's ride, but have had mixed experiences with the sudden stops. Sometimes they feel pretty smooth, and other times a bit harsh and abrupt.
I'm almost 5'9" and I think only my toes touch the floor in the back rows.

In my opinion, Hagrids is smoother than Gringotts. You can see the ride track easily, and I think that helps our brain to understand what is coming and how to react to the movement. I think the lap bars are similar, but you're more 'enclosed' in the sidecar.

I don’t know how anyone could call rip ride rocket smooth. Secure with a crushingly oppressive ride harness yes, smooth certainly not. The only coaster I’ve been on that is worse than RRR in terms of jerkiness is Chester and heater mouse trap style coasters.

OP was talking about Rock n Roller Coaster over at Hollywood Studios, not Rip Ride Rockit at Universal. Two different coasters. I do agree though that RRR is jerky!

Thanks for the info about Forbidden Journey, I believe I rode it a few months after opening, honestly not quite sure but it was NEW and people were going NUTS lol

If that is the last time you rode it then you should definitely try it again. Forbidden Journey had a lot of complaints in the beginning about motion sickness and also not being plus size friendly. At one point they changed the ride vehicles so the end seats were bigger, that still got complaints cause people are never happy lol and then they changed the ride vehicles so that every seat is the bigger seats, there are no more small ones.

They also changed the way the robotic arms move the ride vehicles so that the movements aren't as pronounced. For example it still tilts backwards but it doesn't tilt nearly as far as back as it used to.

Definitely give it another shot! Maybe do it towards the end of the day just in case it still makes you ill, but definitely try it again.

That’s AWESOME they will let you out/leave last minute, I didn’t think it was possible. I am like 4’10 or 4’’11 so based on what you’ve said I don’t think my feet will touch…boo…but you ALL have been more helpful than I could EVER imagine!!

as long as you request to get off before the ride has actually started moving then they will let you out. Of course you will be holding up all the other people who want the ride to get started. I would suggest you sit down quickly and see if your feet touch, then if you are going to ride it go ahead and pull down on the lap bar. If you decide you aren't going to ride it, you can just stand back up and tell them you changed your mind. If you decide quickly enough and before pulling down on the lap bar then you won't be holding the other people up at all.

OK, thank you for the info. Can you tell me the different ride experiences if you choose the motorcycle or if you choose the sidecar?
Definitely a different experience. I find riding the bike much better for my back. The sidecar kind of rattles around a bit, and feels more like a traditional roller coaster. When I ride the bike, I lean forward towards the handlebars, and when the ride accelerates (which it does in a few spots), my arms support me leaning forward, and it doesn't jar my back. When I'm in the side car, those acceleration spots push my back into the back of the seat like you'd expect on a regular roller coaster, and it's a bit jarring. It's not terrible, but my back much prefers the bike.

I can ride most things without hurting, but Gringotts did it. It jerks from side to side in at least once place, and THAT was very very bad for me. For things that jerk, or move suddenly, front to back, I ride it out like I'm on a horse riding western style. Just stay loose and go with the movement. Tried that with Gringotts and it jerked sideways and it was all over for me.

Plus I can barely focus on the screens and couldn't understand a word of what they were saying. (I now have hearing aids, but I'm terrified of the thought of wearing them on rides)

There is really nothing in common between Gringotts and Pirates. Pirates is a dark water ride with animatronics and no height restrictions. Even babies can ride Pirates.

gringotts is a 4D ride, no animatronics (except at the queue) and has a 42” height requirement. You need to put loose articles in a locker, you board the vehicle and the story unfolds via 3-D screens. It is jerky at times, not smooth like RnRC at DHS, although I found it less jerky than Forbidden Journey (between the movement and jerkiness, I have almost lost my cookies every time I’ve ridden FJ, and as recently as last week).

I can only ride the Forbidden Journey once else it makes me ill. Never had any issue with Gringotts. I love the attraction. If you are not sure watch the videos on youtube.

Hagrids's is fast really fast. I was in the side car and I loved it. I will Have to try on the motorcycle and see what I think. I wouldn't want to be in the front

The comparison between Gringotts and Pirates that I have read on these boards is about the drop at the beginning of Gringotts. When posters ask if it is scary, some people have responded that the drop at the beginning is similar to the drop at the start of Pirates. I don't necessarily agree with that comparison, but I have read it here many times.

Personally, I love all of the HP rides and would say to try each of them at least once. But I don't have back issues. Gringotts was my favorite ride in all the parks, until Hagrids came along. Now I guess it's a tie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter