Confirmed: Disney Wish Announcement Coming April 29th

BTW, when it comes to the people selling the merch on eBay...I don't understand why someone who wasn't on the sailing would want that stuff. I would only want it if I were there and on that inaugural sailing. Otherwise, that stuff holds no value to me.
I agree personally. I think Disney selling Panama Canal shirts or Marvel Day at Sea shirts at the character warehouse is somewhat weird if you didn't sail on those. But for a collector of Disneyana items, there could be a certain appeal for certain collectables, I am thinking more so for art, figurines, etc. Those would hold a certain allure vs things like a t-shirt.

If you had second seating, you must have seen the free-for-all in the store when it opened! I can't imagine what it was like - only got to see the aftermath an hour later. We felt so sorry for the CMs - some were on the verge of tears. It just amazes me that DCL seemed to have no control over anything. Do you remember the Ducky Williams lithograph signing event? They had one signing session & it seemed like every passenger on the ship was there. Ducky was set up outside the theater and the line snaked back past the stores and back through the atrium. It must have been interfering with other things because a couple of officers showed up and decided to have the end of the line follow them - they tried to loop it back to the store area - sort of the way WDW lines snake back and forth. Well the people in the front saw these end of the line people coming and all h@ll broke loose. We actually saw a fist fight that had to be broken up by the officers. All this while they kept announcing that Ducky would stay until all the lithos were signed. It was truly insane behavior. (For comparison sake - on the Fantasy maiden, the Ducky signing event was done one deck at a time on consecutive days - DCL learned something).

Well, that literally would have been their first-ever sailing. So I'm sure they had a lot to learn and a lot of kinks to iron out. These horror stories about the Dream, though? That's a different story.

BTW, when it comes to the people selling the merch on eBay...I don't understand why someone who wasn't on the sailing would want that stuff. I would only want it if I were there and on that inaugural sailing. Otherwise, that stuff holds no value to me.
I agree that is a little weird, but people do it. When we went to Disneyland's 50th, we waited in line from the wee hours of the morning (We actually made it into the last group that was shuttled through DCA and were among the first guests to get into the park) so we could go inside early enough to get some of the limited edition stuff. One pin (the "I was there" pin) was pretty limited and you could buy only one per person. We saw those advertised on ebay for $500 while we were still in line waiting to get ours, and they were selling. People are crazy sometimes.

I do remember horrible lines on the Dream Inaugural. We had pre-ordered a bunch of inaugural stuff, so we may not have even gone near the gift shop mess. It was 10 years ago and I don't remember a lot of it. Mostly what I remember were the things that showed the worst in people and how mean, rude and selfish people can be.

Disney really shouldn't spring these announcements of announcements on us at the very last minute like this.

It is indeed! But, I am sorry to say, it is entirely accurate. We watched people climbing under tables where the stuff was stored, and carting off cases of champagne and Inaugural champagne flutes. And when we disembarked people were literally loading these cases into taxis or vans right outside the doors of the terminal. They were selling the stuff on ebay before we ever got off the ship!
I saw that kind of thing at Magic Kingdom's Splash Mountain shop after it was announced that they were going to change the ride. Like a (relatively) normal person, I went in to buy a few Splash Mountain themed stuffed animals & shirts, etc., but a few others were obviously hoarding items for resale. It was ridiculous and just wrong.

Let's start the speculation: Who will be the godmother of the Wish? I'll start with Jody Benson, or how about Julie Andrews or Susan Egan? Who is your guess (and why)?

On previous Maiden voyages once itineraries were booked did the sailing take place on the scheduled date? (Aside from Covid is there risk of not sailing, ship not being ready, etc?)

Is there a premium in pricing for the maiden voyage vs sailing a few weeks later?
A maiden voyage is lost on us, no interest, so when the Fantasy sailings were announced we booked the second sailing of her. The cost was almost half of what the maiden voyage was and it was only a week later. Then, a few months before she set sail, they switched it so her first actual sailing would happen a week earlier than planned which made our sailing the third. Not sure how they worked it all out, I heard through the grape vine people were not pleased as some had already booked vacation and couldn't change but that is second hand info and I can't verify.
Even on our sailing, as mentioned the third, the wait staff was not good. They didn't seem to know what they were doing and had a hard time keeping up. Slowed things up a bit. The room host was great though. No issues there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!