Confessions of an obsessive planner... Let the countdown begin!!

First of all- what is UP with my ticker!?! When I'm this close I want to see that little Tinker Bell close to the end of th line and I am NOT making a new ticker that is all the way at the beginning! :laughing: I'm guessing the site is down (this happened a few weeks ago) and all will be back to normal in a day or two.

Okay, on to the countdown...

12: Shows at Animal Kingdom- Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo!!

These shows both look amazing for different reasons. The LK show because it is completely original and the pictures I've seen are awesome- I can just imagine that it is all the more spectacular in person. I've purposely not watched any videos because I want it to be a new experience when I see it live. :goodvibes

I'm looking forward to the Nemo show mostly because of the puppetry. I love when live action and puppetry are intertwined in an artistic way. I've seen a couple of shows like this at the university near us and have seen video of the Broadway Lion King show that uses similar puppetry. Even though I've seen similar things live locally I know Disney will do it better and can hardly wait to see it.

We'll also fit in FoW while at AK but if something has to give that day we'll skip it. We can see bird shows locally as well- and while I'm sure Disney does it better we just had to prioritize. I really hope we get to see it but it's not a MUST like FotLK and FN.

The shows at AK are my favorites at all of WDW. Nemo is a little too long for my kids at this point, so I might be skipping it unless Sydney is asleep, but other than that, I really loved it. And FOTLK is my favorite show I've ever seen. Ever. And I am a big musical lover, so that's saying something! I think it's best not to watch anything before hand, because nothing can compete with the experience of being there. It's amazing!

Okay, I'm still playing around with my AK itinerary. :rolleyes1 I have it narrowed down to two possibilities and would appreciate any feedback! :goodvibes

Also, we have a 6:15 ADR and I'd like to leave the resort by 5:15 to ensure we get there on time (from ASMu to GF via bus and monorail). I *think* both of these options will get us back to the room at around 3:15 since our resort is close to AK. :confused3

Sunday September 26- Day 2: Animal Kingdom (9-5)
S breakfast @ ASMu, rope drop
· Kilimanjaro Safaris (do this first, prob won’t need FP)
· Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
· Grab FP for Kali on the way to Dinoland
· Finding Nemo- the Musical 10:30
· lunch @ Flametree BBQ (can take to wait in line)
· Festival of the Lion King (arrive 15 minutes early) 12:00
· Discovery Island Trails/ToL (PP)
· Maharajah Jungle Trek
· Kali River Rapids
· Flights of Wonder (sit on the left) 2
· Greeting Trails during 2:30 FotLK show for short lines

· lunch @ Flametree BBQ
· Greeting Trails during 12:00 FotLK show for short lines
· Flights of Wonder (sit on the left) 1
· Maharajah Jungle Trek
· Kali River Rapids
· Festival of the Lion King (arrive 15 minutes early) 2:30

The shows at AK are my favorites at all of WDW. Nemo is a little too long for my kids at this point, so I might be skipping it unless Sydney is asleep, but other than that, I really loved it. And FOTLK is my favorite show I've ever seen. Ever. And I am a big musical lover, so that's saying something! I think it's best not to watch anything before hand, because nothing can compete with the experience of being there. It's amazing!

I'm love live musical theater too! I haven't seen a professional show in a long time (about 3 years!) so I'm super excited. :goodvibes

Hmmmm....here are my thoughts...

It seems counter productive to go over near FoLK twice. It's really a bit away from everything else and an annoying trek. I'm guessing you didn't put character meetings right before or after FoLK b/c they will have gone on Kali and be possibly drenched?

consider this...when is the first FoLK in the morning? 9:30? Could someone run to get FP's for safari (although I don't think you will need them, even at 10am when you get out of FoLK, but they are good to have) and then you could see FoLK and do character meets right after and then continue the day? Nevermind...I see this will be an issue with Nemo, right? They sure don't make it easy, and I can tell you that the three times I have been there crisscrossing the park is what takes up the time in the day. :confused3

I think I might do your first plan but hit the characters right after the show at noon so I didn't have to come back to that area. I know there's the potential for longer lines, but you are going on a green day and I think lots of people will be at lunch. The amount of time that you take to walk away and then come back later offsets slightly longer lines b/c people exiting FoLK will want to see them as well.

Another option (I'm sure you have considered this, maybe there is a reason you can't do it this way, but I'll put it out there)

9am RD
Camp Minnie Mickey while Robbie goes for FP and meets back up with you? Honestly, at RD, you almost have time to just walk over there all together, but then you will be tempted to ride instead of just getting FPs
10am FoLK
Safari (see, I don't think you would even need one 10:30am, but just in case)
11:30 FoW
lunch
Pangini
grab Kali FP
Nemo 2pm
Kali
Discovery trails on the way out...

Yep, I think that will work. I was trying to avoid long lines but I didn't realize the walk over to the FotLK area would be so long. Waiting in line probably won't take any longer and we'll save ourselves some walking as well. And then we can save Kali for after FoW and it will be the last thing we do on our way out of the park.

Thanks, I knew you'd know what to do. :worship:

:goodvibes

Oh, before I forget for the thousandth time, are you going anywhere down Sunset Blvd on your DHS day? I'm asking b/c Dallas got a guitar pick in the gift shop at Rockin' rollercoaster and he needs another (or a few more). I'm not sure if they sell them anywhere else or whether you would have to go to the gift shop, I was going to give you some money and see if you could get a few (he says they are the best pick) BUT, I didn't want you to have to take time out of your day to go all the way down there if you weren't going down there already. Dylan got his drum sticks there but they also had drum sticks in the villain store, so maybe they have them in other stores in the park? :confused3

Another option (I'm sure you have considered this, maybe there is a reason you can't do it this way, but I'll put it out there)

9am RD
Camp Minnie Mickey while Robbie goes for FP and meets back up with you? Honestly, at RD, you almost have time to just walk over there all together, but then you will be tempted to ride instead of just getting FPs
10am FoLK
Safari (see, I don't think you would even need one 10:30am, but just in case)
11:30 FoW
lunch
Pangini
grab Kali FP
Nemo 2pm
Kali
Discovery trails on the way out...

Oops, I was responding to your first post at the same time you were posting this, lol. I thought about doing FotLK at 10 but everything I've read say the animals are most active first thing in the morning. :confused3 I also don't want PP pics after Kali. Plus you don't have Mahrajah in here and I'm not really seeing a good way to fit it in- I don't really care about the trails but the kids do so I'm trying to work them all in. This is what I came up with based on your first post...

· lunch @ Flametree BBQ (can take to wait in line)
· Festival of the Lion King (arrive 15 minutes early) 12:00
· Greeting Trails
· Maharajah Jungle Trek
· Flights of Wonder (sit on the left) 2
· Kali River Rapids

As for them not making it easy- no they don't! I think part of the issue is that we need to leave early for our ADR but I also think part of it is intentional so you'll have to come back to see it all. :rolleyes:

:goodvibes

Oh, before I forget for the thousandth time, are you going anywhere down Sunset Blvd on your DHS day? I'm asking b/c Dallas got a guitar pick in the gift shop at Rockin' rollercoaster and he needs another (or a few more). I'm not sure if they sell them anywhere else or whether you would have to go to the gift shop, I was going to give you some money and see if you could get a few (he says they are the best pick) BUT, I didn't want you to have to take time out of your day to go all the way down there if you weren't going down there already. Dylan got his drum sticks there but they also had drum sticks in the villain store, so maybe they have them in other stores in the park? :confused3

We're planning to eat dinner on Sunset in that little cluster of places with the outdoor seating. We'll be sure to check... off to make myself a note so I don't forget!

Your planning skills are beyond my comprehension. :rotfl2:

But I'm sure whatever you figure out will be just perfect!

We are down to 11 days already! I can hardly believe we are so close. :cloud9: Until we actually get there the countdown continues...

One of the things Jace is very excited about...

11: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

He's very excited to be riding a roller coaster and I'm excited right along with him. I used to love riding coasters at Six Flags every summer when I was younger. I did develop some issues with the super shaky wooden coasters as I got older but I think BTMR will be fine- and I'll have ibuprofen handy just in case it isn't. :thumbsup2

Jace is excited because when he was little he liked fast things and rode the Mine Train at Six Flags as soon as he was tall enough. And then he went through a phase where he wouldn't ride anything fast or jerky- not even the kiddie coaster at our local fair! :confused3 He thinks he's over that now and after watching the WDW dvd decided that he wanted to try BTMR. He thought the other coasters looked too big and too fast but that BTMR would be perfect for trying out coasters again. We watched some youtube videos so he'd know what to expect and he's still very excited so we're going to go for it! :thumbsup2

We LOVE BTMR!!!!!!! I know he'll love it! I can't believe it's only 11 days. What am I going to do without you for a week???? I think I might just have a panic attack! :eek:

We LOVE BTMR!!!!!!! I know he'll love it! I can't believe it's only 11 days. What am I going to do without you for a week???? I think I might just have a panic attack! :eek:

That's why they invented cell phones silly. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter