Confessions of an obsessive planner... Let the countdown begin!!

That's why they invented cell phones silly. :goodvibes

I don't think you wanna open THAT can of worms, my dear...I'm liable to call you every hour..."Where are you now? Dumbo? Where are you now? lunch? What are you having? How are the crowds?" :lmao:

I don't think you wanna open THAT can of worms, my dear...I'm liable to call you every hour..."Where are you now? Dumbo? Where are you now? lunch? What are you having? How are the crowds?" :lmao:

:rotfl2:

How about if I just promise to call you a few times. ;)

First, I have to say, you and Karen are so cute! You remind me of me and my best-ie :hug:

I hope you guys like BTMRR. I don't care for wooden coasters, but this one is good for me because it isn't as jerky.

And 11 days? You're almost in single digits! :)

First, I have to say, you and Karen are so cute! You remind me of me and my best-ie :hug:

I hope you guys like BTMRR. I don't care for wooden coasters, but this one is good for me because it isn't as jerky.

I know!!! Aren't they funny, Erin! I'm entertained everyday by these two!!!! popcorn::

Nope, I don't want you to take away a single moment of your trip! You'll just have to spend extra time with me when you get back giving me the full version trip report! :D

I can do that- but if I have any meltdown moments I may have to call you to talk me down. :laughing:

Haha, thanks!

I think we will- but I'm glad to hear from someone else who isn't a fan of wooden coasters. That makes me feel much better! :thumbsup2

I know- I'll be doing a single digit dance very soon! :woohoo:

I know!!! Aren't they funny, Erin! I'm entertained everyday by these two!!!! popcorn::

Always happy to entertain you Ann! :rotfl2:

I first want to say that I was GLUED to all of the MNSSHP updates last night! I was so happy that all of the characters important to us were out, the candy selection looked great, the rides we want to try in the dark were open and there was 4 pm entry time! :cool1: (I knew the entry would be 4 but it was nice to have confirmation since there was so much speculation floating around.)

I'm giving a shout out to Stephanie who is posting on FB from WDW- she had a pic of her map up really quickly and let me know about the 4 pm entry. Thank you Stephanie!! :goodvibes

On with the countdown...

10: Disney Transportation

Okay, I know this may seem silly for some but we really enjoy not having to worry about driving and getting lost when we're on vacation. Some of our most, ummm, tense moments have occured while lost on vacation. (Do you know that in Germany they don't put what direction you are driving on their signs- we do!) :rolleyes: It will be nice not to have to worry about finding our way or more precisely, NOT finding our way. :rotfl:

We don't mind waiting at all... we have used buses, subways, etc. on trips and there's always a bit of waiting but its worth it to us. When we went to Vail, CO a few years ago they had a free bus system and we walked to the bottom of the hill every morning to wait for it to arrive. While we waited we would talk about our plans for the day. Then while we waited for it to take us back to our condo's bus stop we'd talk about the fun we'd had during the day. The waiting just never seemed like a big deal to us. :) My brother and I were in London just after the Underground was bombed in '05, in fact the 2nd attempt happened while we were there (scaring our mom to death!). We never had an issue and still loved the ease of public transportation.

Besides the ease and lack of stress I'm also looking forward to the variety. In addition to buses we get to try the monorail and a couple of different boat rides (DTD water taxi, DHS/Epcot friendship boat, MK resort launch). I even put special pages in the kids journals for the different types of transportation. :laughing:

Just for fun share your transportation preferences- do you rely on Disney or do you prefer having your own car? Do you ever splurge for a cab? If so, when?

*sniff* I'm so proud, I believe you have surpassed me Luke. :laughing:

I'm not big on transportation, I like my control, but we enjoyed Disney transport and even took a boat and jumped on a bus while staying offsite last time we were there b/c we missed it. Savannah LOVES the WDW bus system!

*sniff* I'm so proud, I believe you have surpassed me Luke. :laughing:

I'm not big on transportation, I like my control, but we enjoyed Disney transport and even took a boat and jumped on a bus while staying offsite last time we were there b/c we missed it. Savannah LOVES the WDW bus system!

:rotfl: It's my addictive personality, it keeps me glued to the DIS boards. :surfweb:

Yep, I know transportation is one of those rare things we don't feel the same about. You like to be in the driver seat and I like to be driven. Maybe that's why we get along so well. ;)

We love Disney transportation. I prefer to leave the driving to someone else during our vacation. Well, not that I usually drive... when it's all of us, Aaron's almost always the one driving. :rotfl: BUT I think he likes not having to worry about it, either.

We love Disney transportation. I prefer to leave the driving to someone else during our vacation. Well, not that I usually drive... when it's all of us, Aaron's almost always the one driving. :rotfl: BUT I think he likes not having to worry about it, either.

Yep, Robbie enjoys not having to drive in an unfamiliar place as much as I do! We both enjoy highway driving, especially with the radio up and the windows down! BUT driving in traffic or in an unfamiliar place stresses both of us out and we end up taking that out on each other. :rolleyes1

:dance3:
WDW20092293al.jpg
:dance3:

Online Check-IN! Yay! That must make it even more real!

We LOVE disney transportation. DH works for FedEx and drives a truck all day. He is SO happy not to have to drive on vacation. It makes it that much more of a vacation for him! We also love disney transportation because we seem to only have children who HATE the car and scream and cry any time they're in the car for any length of time until they're just too old to really do that. Not having carseats is the best thing ever. Not to say that the kids are thrilled to be on a bus, but anything beats screaming baby.

Thanks for celebrating with me guys! I'll celebrate again tomorrow with a single digit dance. Heck, I may just celebrate every day between now and my trip. :rotfl:

Online Check-IN! Yay! That must make it even more real!

We LOVE disney transportation. DH works for FedEx and drives a truck all day. He is SO happy not to have to drive on vacation. It makes it that much more of a vacation for him! We also love disney transportation because we seem to only have children who HATE the car and scream and cry any time they're in the car for any length of time until they're just too old to really do that. Not having carseats is the best thing ever. Not to say that the kids are thrilled to be on a bus, but anything beats screaming baby.

Oh, that is a good reason to like Disney transportation! We were lucky enough to have babies who didn't mind the car seat. :hug:

Forgive my Disney ignorance.......

What is the benefit of online checkin?

Thanks!

Forgive my Disney ignorance.......

What is the benefit of online checkin?

Thanks!

From my understanding when you get to the resort there is a separate line for those who have taken advantage of online check-in. They have all of your things printed out and ready for you, including your KTTW. Because everything is all ready the line moves faster AND not everyone takes advantage of it so the line is also shorter. :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter