Concierge- Which resort is the best ?

Sister Scoop Disney

Mouseketeer
Which resort has the absolute best concierge? WHY?

What made this resort the best? We are getting really scared.... We leave for WDW in 14 days and we are supposed to stay in the Royal Palm concierge at GF (our 1st concierge experience).........With all these negative GF RPC posts we're ready to switch to another resort and try their concierge....... That's why we need some details on the other concierges. PLEASE HELP US....:(

Hi Sister Scoop,

I can't tell you about the other concierge services, although the one night we spent at the WL concierge was great. I have heard some pretty positive things about the Yacht club concierge. The Grand Floridian is an absolutly gorgeous hotel, however if you're looking for any kind of special service, you will not receive it there. At least that is what my family and I experienced there, but if you're looking for a beautiful room and resort, I might suggest the GF standard room. As for myself, with the treatment my family and I received at the GF, none of us will ever return to that hotel again.

I think it's important to know the details of why people find one resort better than another - that's why I try to put a lot of details in my posting. Something that absolutely ruined or made another person's vacation might not be as important to you. As you can see from our postings, Laurie528 and I did have horrible service at the GF concierge. Service and being treated well were very important to us. Here are some other things we liked and didnt like about the GF.

The resort is beautiful. The grounds are very pretty, with a lot of flowers and landscaping. The 2 pools are sparkling clean and the water slide is a lot of fun. The room was spotlessly clean and always smelled fresh. There is a band playing in the lobby at night that is nice to listen to. The location of being on the monorail was very convenient. CM's other than those working the concierge were pleasant. For example, the security man would always greet us with a "Welcome Home!"

Dislikes:
(Other than the service issues and lack of management response we already posted about).
The only real negative other than the horrendous service was we didnt care for the food court type eatery, Gasparillas. At the WL and AKL the "grab and go" selections are freshly made and there is a wide variety. At GF there were pretty miserable offerings of burgers and chicken tenders under heat lamps. The only time we ate there we were in line 20 minutes. That is simply not the case at The Mara at AKL or Roaring Forks at WL.

We read some negative GF posts before our trip, and decided to give it a try. (One guy complained that there were only 3 chocolates on his bed instead of 4, that just wouldnt matter to us). I think you have to listen to what people are saying and then only you can determine what is important to you. But, given the amount of negative posts about the GF, you might be safer somewhere else.

Hi Sister Scoop,

I'm actually on the phone right now with my real sister, Laurie528. She said my post above was too nice (lol), and we want to make sure you know that all the good points I gave were by far overshadowed by the shoddy service!

Happy, Laurie?

Yes Welovedisney, I am happy. You all have to understand how angry I am. I feel if you are truly looking for a magical vacation do not go to the royal palm club

me and my sister are here "DPing"...(disney planning!!). I'm visiting her in maryland for the weekend to plan the last minute details of our upcoming trip (14 days). the only thing that was truly set before your post was that we were going to the GF RPC. now we're really doubting that and don't know which resort to turn to. we have always wanted to stay here...and remember when it was being built. we just stayed in WL (not concierge) in 9/01 but wanted to try a different deluxe hotel. we're going with our mom (age 54) and my sister's husband (age 27). thank you for all of your feedback...we're really bummed and need help deciding where to stay. any ideas anyone?

laurie and welovedisney...please keep us up to date on coversations with the managers from the GF or RPC...

well, everyone has a different experience. But all I can do is tell you mine! I have stayed at RPC only one night, so I cant say much except that we received very attentive service, but it was "cold" service. not friendly or welcoming, just attentive.
we love the GF though, but after our our night at RPC we werent upset to stay at a regular lagoon view room.

that said.... we stayed at the Yacht Club concierge three times. i am so spoiled I dont think I could bring myself to stay at the YC unless it was in concierge! the staff is so wonderful, so attentive, but warm! friendly, welcoming and genuinelly interested inmaking your stay extra comfortable!
my favorite concierge is the YC! :)

we also stayed at the Poly concierge (twice), while we had a great time cause the Poly is a great resort with incredible theming, I would gladly stay in a regular non-concierge room there. not spoiled a bit by the concierge. oh well to each his own experience! :)

hope you have a great trip! :) it is WDW afterall, I wouldnt be too worried, I always have a maical time!
:)
if you so stay at RPC, you will have a great time. the GF is absolutely gorgeous! :)

Laura :)

well, everyone has a different experience. But all I can do is tell you mine! I have stayed at RPC only one night, so I cant say much except that we received very attentive service, but it was "cold" service. not friendly or welcoming, just attentive.
we love the GF though, but after our our night at RPC we werent upset to stay at a regular lagoon view room.

that said.... we stayed at the Yacht Club concierge three times. i am so spoiled I dont think I could bring myself to stay at the YC unless it was in concierge! the staff is so wonderful, so attentive, but warm! friendly, welcoming and genuinelly interested inmaking your stay extra comfortable!
my favorite concierge is the YC! :)

we also stayed at the Poly concierge (twice), while we had a great time cause the Poly is a great resort with incredible theming, I would gladly stay in a regular non-concierge room there. not spoiled a bit by the concierge. oh well to each his own experience! :)

hope you have a great trip! :) it is WDW afterall, I wouldnt be too worried, I always have a maigcal time!
:)
if you so stay at RPC, you will have a great time. the GF is absolutely gorgeous! :)

Laura :)

I absolutely agree with princess angel, the Yaght Club Concierge is truely spectaular! I can't wait to return in Dec!!

Hi Sister Scoop Disney!! :wave:

I've never stayed in any of the Concierge rooms at Disneyworld. However, my boyfriend and I will be staying at the AKL Concierge in November. (hooray! :) ) I've done a lot of research on the different Concierge properties, and I've never read anything negative about the AKL Concierge or the Yacht Club Concierge, so I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Now, although I'm sure many people have had wonderful experiences in the RPC Concierge, I've read the most negative comments about the GF Conceirge, so I would choose to steer away from them, IMHO. (Especially when Disney has so many choices! ;) )

Between the Yacht Club and the AKL, here's what I've read:

Yacht Club

Pros:

1. Very Close to Epcot and the Boardwalk (I think it's the Boardwalk)
2. The Concierge Lounge has a very welcome feeling, kind of like being a guest in at a friend's house
3. The Concierge food is excellent (lots of options, kid-friendly foods, drinks available for the taking)
4. The Concierge staff is relaxed, inviting, warm
5. Transportation to the different resorts is better
6. Beautifully decorated rooms, large size

Cons:

I've never read any. Maybe another Diser can help with this?

Animal Kingdom Lodge

Pros:

1. Excellent itinerary planning. (Now, I can attest to this! Alana from the AKL Concierge has contacted me several times, and has been more than helpful with PSs and helping book other events. She even e-mailed me a copy of my itinerary, and at the top, it said Smith Safari. I thought that was a nice touch! :) )
2. The Concierge staff is helpful, friendly during your stay
3. If you stay at the AKL Concierge, you can take advantage of the Sunrise Safari ($50.00 per adult)
4. Exotic food offerings in the Concierge lounge; plenty of food to go around
5. Some posters have reported that the AKL Concierge lounge is a bit more "formal" than the YC Concierge lounge. This could be a postitive or a negative depending on what you like.
6. Rooms are smaller than the Yacht Club, but you can request a room with a view of the African savannah.

Cons:

1. Ok. There is one "con" that I remember. Apparently, at the AKL, they don't leave drinks out. You have to ask for them. I did not read about them being stingy with drinks, just that you had to ask for them.

Maybe other Disers will know more pros and cons of these two resorts. I've also heard great things about the Poly Concierge. However, depending on when your vacation will take place, I believe the Poly Concierge will be closing for rennovation. I'm not sure if they will be relocating the Poly Concierge to another building for the time being, but that may be something to consider when you're choosing a resort.

Hope this helps! Have a great vacation at whatever resort you choose!!! :)

I haven't stayed at the Beach Club concierge, but that may be a best kept secret. The last review I read on it, was nearly glowing with praise for the concierge there.

For myself, knowing what I do of the resorts, and reading what I have here, I know that I want to try the concierge levels at the AKL, BC and Polynesian for sure. And I don't care to try concierge at the GF at all.

We loved the Polyenesian Concierge. We were there last Sept and we're going back this Oct.
I really don't think I could go back to WDW and stay anywhere else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter