Concierge/Club Level Information (Sept 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the IPO's still sending out the Itinerary planning forms? I always received them (way ahead of time) when staying at AKL and Poly. Last year the BWI IPO never sent one, saying they did not have my email address. This year we are staying at BWI again, and I have already emailed them to make sure they have my email this time.

BUT my 90 day window opens up July 10, and no forms from them. Do they still send one, or do you just email them your ADR's, ME info, etc.?

I really like BWI, but have not had the best of luck with their IPO.

Yes, they are still sending them out, but it is hit or miss. Last year when I booked a split stay at BWI and GF, I got an e-mail from both. This year I recieved two by snail mail from the Poly.:confused3 Other times I didn't recieve any.

You really don't need them, just e-mail or call with your requests. I never fill out the form. Good luck with your ADR's. Mine are coming up soon too.:woohoo:

I was worried too cause I am going durning free dining. But we got everything we wanted on our first shot, thanks to the IPO. Including Cali Grill, Ohana, Le Celliers & Garden Grill....all where at prime times too. No problem at all!

Just thought I'd share :goodvibes

is the fitness area included in club level -- AKL specifically

and :thanks: for the tip on the Beachcomber cabanas on this thread! we are surprising our girls with it in Aug and i'm wwwaaaayyyyyyy excited! :teeth:

My DW and I will be staying AKL CL in October. This will be our first club level stay, so I'm pretty much clueless and somewhat nervous about the ADR process. (Okay, I somewhat panicky.)

My 90 day mark is July 8th. Like everyone else, I'm waiting for WDW park hours for October to be posted before I finalize my ressie decisions. I hadn't heard anything from IPO so I finally sent them an e-mail and received a very nice and informative e-mail from Don, my WDW Concierge Itinerary Planner.

He also said this: "Please let us know when you are ready to set up the bookings so we can call you for credit card information. DO NOT send it to this email address."

My question is when is it appropriate to send my ADR requests to IPO? Do I wait until the morning of my 90 day mark to send in my requests? Or should I send them ASAP and then IPO will begin confirming my ADRs at the 90 day mark? In short, what's the appropriate protocol for requesting ADRs from IPO?

Update: Okay, I've read more of this thread and see that I can send in my ADR requests anytime before my 90 day window. Then I call IPO with my credit card number. Anything else that I'm missing?

Are the IPO's still sending out the Itinerary planning forms? I always received them (way ahead of time) when staying at AKL and Poly. Last year the BWI IPO never sent one, saying they did not have my email address. This year we are staying at BWI again, and I have already emailed them to make sure they have my email this time.

BUT my 90 day window opens up July 10, and no forms from them. Do they still send one, or do you just email them your ADR's, ME info, etc.?

I really like BWI, but have not had the best of luck with their IPO.

We're staying BWI in September and I received my IPO form after emailing their office verifying my email address to them. The form arrived well in advance of my 90 day window and so far they have been extremely prompt in handling all request and questions. If you haven't already, I would email them with your confirmation number and dates.

Anything else that I'm missing?

have you read on the Safari's; especially those exclusive to AKL club levels guest (sunrise and the evening one, sorry name escapes me) Probably that info is in the email Don sent you. Those can be booked at the 90 day window too ---

My DW and I will be staying AKL CL in October. This will be our first club level stay, so I'm pretty much clueless and somewhat nervous about the ADR process. (Okay, I somewhat panicky.)

My 90 day mark is July 8th. Like everyone else, I'm waiting for WDW park hours for October to be posted before I finalize my ressie decisions. I hadn't heard anything from IPO so I finally sent them an e-mail and received a very nice and informative e-mail from Don, my WDW Concierge Itinerary Planner.

He also said this: "Please let us know when you are ready to set up the bookings so we can call you for credit card information. DO NOT send it to this email address."

My question is when is it appropriate to send my ADR requests to IPO? Do I wait until the morning of my 90 day mark to send in my requests? Or should I send them ASAP and then IPO will begin confirming my ADRs at the 90 day mark? In short, what's the appropriate protocol for requesting ADRs from IPO?

Update: Okay, I've read more of this thread and see that I can send in my ADR requests anytime before my 90 day window. Then I call IPO with my credit card number. Anything else that I'm missing?

Send the requests asap!! IPO will make all the ADRs for you at the first possible moment they can (in most cases 90 days). Send an email with your requests and also a phone number and best times for them to call you for your CC number. When they call, feel free to ask any questions you have - that's what they're there for and they do an awesome job! :worship:

(the evening/sunset safari is called Wanyama. :))

Descamilla,
I sent in my requests 3 weeks before our 90 day mark. We had another vacation I needed to get ready for. Poly IPO made all my ADR's on the 90 day mark and sent an email later in the morning with all the confirmation numbers. I was a little worried as we didn't have any contact between the time of the requests and the time of the confirmation email. They did pretty well with the times and other special requests though.

I asked this on an AKL/AKV thread, but haven't had any takers yet, so I thought I'd try it here.

Could someone comment on the king-sized beds in the AKV club level rooms? Are they hard, soft, etc?

Thanks!

:wave: hey fellow CL-junkies .........I have been spending a good amount of time reading for our upcoming trip. This will be the first one that's long enought we plan to take it slow and enjoy things we have passed by in the past. anyhow - i have been cut-and-paste tips from various sites into a Word document and I just discovered the "Overlooked attractions" found here http://allears.net/tp/ola.htm (btw i couldn't figure out the new pop-up for adding a link :confused3 ) there were ALOT of good tips!!

anyone on the fitness room question I posted earlier?

:wave: hey fellow CL-junkies .........I have been spending a good amount of time reading for our upcoming trip. This will be the first one that's long enought we plan to take it slow and enjoy things we have passed by in the past. anyhow - i have been cut-and-paste tips from various sites into a Word document and I just discovered the "Overlooked attractions" found here http://allears.net/tp/ola.htm (btw i couldn't figure out the new pop-up for adding a link :confused3 ) there were ALOT of good tips!!

anyone on the fitness room question I posted earlier?

Great link - thanks for posting that! :thumbsup2

I'm not sure what you needed to know about the fitness club, but here's the info I have from earlier this month (from the June Activities flyer; and although I stayed Club Level, this is given out to all guests):

"Zahanati Massage and Fitness Center: Personalized massages, facial treatments and an invigorating workout facility can be enjoyed daily. Attendant available from 6:00am to 9:00pm. See attendant for 24-hour access or for more information."

HTHs! :)

Edited: I found a little more in my packet! "Massage & Fitness Center: Maintain your fitness schedule with the latest Life Fitness, state-of-the-art exercise equipment at the Zahanati Massage & Fitness Center. And don't leave out the pampering spa services such as facials, body treatments and an array of massages. With saunas and steam rooms also available, this is a place not to be missed! (now I feel badly for missing it!!LOL) The Fitness Center is for the use of Disney's Animal Kingdom Resort Guests at no additional charge. Touch Massage/Health Club on your in-room phone for inquiries."

:)

Sorry if this has been asked..I tip mousekeeping, I should tip for turn down sevice too, right? How much do you tip for turn down and do you just leave it in a seperate envelope?

Just wanted to say how great the Poly IPO did with my ADR's! I had a huge list that included all the popular ones, and they got all but 2 - Le Cellier (which didn't matter all that much, just thought I'd try for it) and Chef Mickey's on our arrival day. They really tried to fit it in, and ended up getting it for later in the week instead. But they got everything else, including an Illuminations cruise, several character meals, and Ohana's, all right at the times I requested!
Now for a question -- can I ask them to keep trying for the Chef Mickey's on our arrival day, or should I keep trying myself online? (They did book me Tony's Town Square as a backup).Thanks for all your help!:goodvibes

have you read on the Safari's; especially those exclusive to AKL club levels guest (sunrise and the evening one, sorry name escapes me) Probably that info is in the email Don sent you. Those can be booked at the 90 day window too ---

Yes, thank you.

You are correct, IPO Don's e-mail contained a great summary of all three safaris (Sunrise, Wanyama & Wildlife Discovery Excursion). We'll probably do the Sunrise & Wanyama. I can't wait.

Send the requests asap!! IPO will make all the ADRs for you at the first possible moment they can (in most cases 90 days). Send an email with your requests and also a phone number and best times for them to call you for your CC number. When they call, feel free to ask any questions you have - that's what they're there for and they do an awesome job! :worship:

(the evening/sunset safari is called Wanyama. :))

Descamilla,
I sent in my requests 3 weeks before our 90 day mark. We had another vacation I needed to get ready for. Poly IPO made all my ADR's on the 90 day mark and sent an email later in the morning with all the confirmation numbers. I was a little worried as we didn't have any contact between the time of the requests and the time of the confirmation email. They did pretty well with the times and other special requests though.

Thanks for the information. I've put together the basics of my requests and will be sending them in immediately after the theme park hours are released.

Arriving 9/26 at RPC; today was 90 day mark for ADRs; sent in my requests 3 weeks ago by fax - received e-mail from IPO stating that they had received my requests at that time. However, still have not heard from IPO today; I e-mailed them but have only gotten standard autoreply in response so far; I called them and they said they would e-mail back, but nothing has arrived. Does anyone know what's going on w/ the GF IPO? (they have my correct e-mail since they acknowledged receipt of my requests, and I have not changed filters)

We're staying BWI in September and I received my IPO form after emailing their office verifying my email address to them. The form arrived well in advance of my 90 day window and so far they have been extremely prompt in handling all request and questions. If you haven't already, I would email them with your confirmation number and dates.

I had already emailed their office last month to verify my email address....still no planning form received. I emailed them my ADR's this morning, and they did respond almost immediately, apologizing that I did not receive the planning form. They stated that the forms are still sent out, that I should have received one. (Didn't receive one from BWI IPO last October, either. No problem, since I was doing a split stay. Poly's IPO, who sent me several planning forms, made all of my ADR's.)

I appreciated the very quick acknowledgment of my ADR's today, but am still less than impressed with BWI's IPO. Sure doesn't interfere with my enjoyment of the hotel, though!!

Last Monday my dad called WDW to pay off the remaining balance for our 4/3 deal for this August and I told him a few times request a room away from Chef Mickey's. Well it turns out he forgot so I am wondering is that something the Contemporary IPO department can do for us, if we e-mail them since it's a lot easier then calling CRO. If they can do that how should our e-mail to them look like? Unless I am wrong and they can not do that, so we have no choice but to call CRO and make that request with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter