Concierge/Club Level Information - Part III (October 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did I miss a new thread? Starting to get very excited about our first CL stay at BC!

I think you will love BC CL!

The evening appetizers are amazing! The staff is super nice. Good selection on breakfast items.

We can't wait to get back!

One question though - we haven't really made any requests yet to the IPO (I just booked my ADR's on my own online). Can we make a room request through them (like a Boardwalk view for example)?

I've always made my requests through the IPO and (touch wood!) have had great success - at the GF RPC I asked for a room near the lounge and got a room on the 4th floor just off the lounge, same for the YC (i.e. near the lounge) and BWI I ask for a boardwalk view room and have had brilliant rooms - the latest was a standard club level king room directly opposite the lounge (4th floor) with a gorgeous view

DSC01555-2.jpg

Just outside my door was a little sitting area and the lounge directly behind it:
DSC01601-1.jpg

DSC01468-2.jpg

DSC01701-1-1.jpg

This one's not a surprise for DS, is it? What is he going as for Halloween?

Have a great time:goodvibes

Nope- everyone knows this time! :rotfl:

He is going to be a pirate skeleton. It came with a mask that he will wear here to trick or treat on Sunday. We have an appointment at the Pirate League on Monday before MNSSHP to get the cursed pirate face paint pirate:

Nope- everyone knows this time! :rotfl:

He is going to be a pirate skeleton. It came with a mask that he will wear here to trick or treat on Sunday. We have an appointment at the Pirate League on Monday before MNSSHP to get the cursed pirate face paint pirate:
Sounds like he's going to have Halloween twice - every kid's dream:thumbsup2.

We just changed last night to the Club Level Garden Cottage at the Boardwalk for our upcoming trip.

I was wondering do they have to go cups for the coffee at the CL Lounge at the Boardwalk?

BOARDWALK INN:

The Boardwalk Inn Information Thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=234355 (Started 7/19/2002 - that is not a typo!! - by DemonLlama)

Contact Information:
Phone: (407) 934-1448
Fax: (407) 934-1487
Email: Boardwalk.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com
(Please do not contact the IPO until you have a confirmed reservation.)

From the Sept 2008 Concierge/Club Level Information Thread:
Nov 2008: Boardwalk Inn rooms:
Thanks to tete01830: "Heard back from IPO about the standard room Club Level views. They are GV, PL, or BW view on the 3rd and 4th floor. A request can be submitted but not guaranteed...."

Thanks to paladin: "The BWI deluxe rooms do all have Boardwalk view - some are on the third floor, some are on the fourth (which is where the lounge is). Standard CL rooms are also on both the third and fourth floor.
The deluxe rooms all have two queen beds and a sleep sofa (not sure if it is a double or a queen).
There are two televisions (unless they changed this with the recent rehab). The "extra" part of the room is set up as a sitting area with a lamp, sleep sofa, coffee table, chair and armoire with second television. It's a fairly large area, so it does make the room quite a bit larger than the standard rooms - it has a nice roomy feeling."

The following information was found on Allears.net: http://allears.net/acc/faq_bw.htm Boardwalk Inn Fact Sheet
“What about the Concierge Rooms and Garden Suites?
The BoardWalk boasts Concierge Service (the Innkeeper's Club) and beautiful Garden Suites, in addition to its already well-appointed rooms.
Concierge service offers deluxe rooms with added amenities such as: robes, TV speaker in the bathroom, deluxe nightly turn down service, and continental breakfast buffet. Most rooms are on the 4th floor. Concierge level guests have their own private lounge and private access. Epcot's IllumiNations can be seen nightly from the balcony in the Concierge Lounge.
The Concierge Lounge "Innkeeper's Club " hours of service are: Continental Breakfast from 7 to 10 a.m.; Refreshments from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Tea and Sweets from 3 to 4:30 p.m.; Wine and Cheese Selections from 5 to 6:30 p.m. and Cordials and Desserts from 7 to 9 p.m.
The Garden Suites are designed for Honeymooners but can easily accommodate a family of four and are two stories. There are 14 Garden Suites and all but three have private entrance courtyards. The three that do not, have private balconies. The yards are separated by white picket fences that are about 3 feet tall. Each of the front yards are individually landscaped. At the gated entrance to the yard, there is a small decorative bird house with the room number on it. These front yards lead to the one and only entry way of the suite, and are being grown into manicured rose gardens.
There is a living room on the first floor and a bedroom loft on the second floor. The first floor has a TV, 1/2 bath, bread bar, and a queen size sofa bed. The 2nd level loft, in most cases, overlooks the lower level which creates a very large, vaulted ceiling effect. The three with private balconies have more of an actually separate second level. Either way, the second level features an elevated King size bed. Upstairs you will also find an addition TV, and a full bath with a giant Jacuzzi tub that will easily accommodate two people. There is even a third mini TV for viewing while in the Jacuzzi tub.”

Thanks to CR Resort Fan 4 Life for finding this youtube video: "Innkeeper's Club Concierge Lounge + Offerings Boardwalk Inn":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7wlqdTIpb4

Thanks to CR Resort Fan 4 Life for these (August 2010) pictures of the lounge: :)

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

Thanks to iluvpluto27 for these (October 2009) pictures of the lounge offerings: :)

Breakfast
Selection of cereals
BWI_B3.jpg

Fruit selection, V8 and yogurts
BWI_B2.jpg

Grapefruit halves, apple and raspberry turnovers (these were gorgeous), chocolate pastries and cinammon rolls in the back.
BWI_B1.jpg

Condiments, croissants, and bagel selection.
BWI_B4.jpg

Evening Offerings.
Bread, hummus and dips selection
bwi_ev3.jpg

Cheese Plate - I loved the soft, white cheese in the middle (there were crackers for the cheese too, I just didn't get them in the picture)
bwi_ev4.jpg

Vegetable plate and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
bwi_ev2.jpg

These selections were there each evening, but the hot offerings changed each night. Tonight it was vegetable spring rolls and pork wontons, with two types of sauce. On the previous night it was a pasta dish and chicken wings.
bwi_ev.jpg

These photos were taken at 6:30 near the end of the evening offerings, and as you can see there was still plenty of food left.

I only got a picture of the desserts we chose on a couple of nights, rather than when they are actually set out in the lounge. Each night they had around 3-4 different choices of dessert, as well as cookies. As soon as one choice had run out, a member of staff was bringing out more.

Chocolate covered strawberry (delicious), fruit tart and chocolate mousse
BWi_des.jpg

Some sort of pineapple parfait and a chocolate covered strawberry.
bwi_des2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ah, memories of last week at the BW's Garden Suites!
Thanks for posting.
All the best. :thumbsup2

Does it make sense to do online check in if you have CL room?

Also since we have a Garden Cottage is there any issue if we wanted to bring the food back to our room?

Does it make sense to do online check in if you have CL room?

Also since we have a Garden Cottage is there any issue if we wanted to bring the food back to our room?
Personally since online check-in has started we never used it because once we arrive a Cast Member has always been there to meet us at the main entrance, who then takes us up to our floor so we can check-in and it's a very fast process.

As for taking food back to your room there is no problems doing that, although unless you are taking something hot back by the time you get there it could get could. Of course instead of walking all the way back to the elevator you can take the stairs all the way to outside of where the Garden Suites are located, because they are located closer to the lounge.

CR fan - I have a couple of questions I am hoping you may be able to answer :goodvibes

We are staying on the 14th floor in a standard room.

Firstly if I request chocolate milk when we check in for DD for breakfast time will they have it avaiable? I have read your post were they said that they has a limited supply on the 12th floor and I wondered if I specifically requested it they would be able to get some for us?

Secondly we are staying at BLT on DVC points so will just moving across early in the morning - will there be someone available to check us in at say 9am?

Lastly I would like to order a chocolate monorail to be in our room the first night - am I better off going through IPO or would I be able to talk to the lounge staff will be are at BLT?

Thanks

CR fan - I have a couple of questions I am hoping you may be able to answer :goodvibes

We are staying on the 14th floor in a standard room.

Firstly if I request chocolate milk when we check in for DD for breakfast time will they have it avaiable? I have read your post were they said that they has a limited supply on the 12th floor and I wondered if I specifically requested it they would be able to get some for us?

Secondly we are staying at BLT on DVC points so will just moving across early in the morning - will there be someone available to check us in at say 9am?

Lastly I would like to order a chocolate monorail to be in our room the first night - am I better off going through IPO or would I be able to talk to the lounge staff will be are at BLT?

Thanks
Well what I meant was the 12th floor has a limited supply of Nestle Nesquik Milk in mini bottles, because both floors have chocolate milk available in the lounges that poor out. However they shouldn't have problems if you request it from the 12th floor.

Anyone staying at Bay Lake Tower also checks-in at the Contemporary because Bay Lake Tower doesn't have it's own check-in desk in their lobby, so there are always going to be Cast Members working that early. Now chances are your room won't be ready that early so you can leave your luggage with Bell services.

Finally according to the Contemporary room service menu it would require 24 hours notice when ordering the Chocolate Monorail, so I would try to order the day beforen you want it or speak to the Cast Members working on the Tower Club 14th floor when you are staying up there.

Well what I meant was the 12th floor has a limited supply of Nestle Nesquik Milk in mini bottles, because both floors have chocolate milk available in the lounges that poor out. However they shouldn't have problems if you request it from the 12th floor.

Anyone staying at Bay Lake Tower also checks-in at the Contemporary because Bay Lake Tower doesn't have it's own check-in desk in their lobby, so there are always going to be Cast Members working that early. Now chances are your room won't be ready that early so you can leave your luggage with Bell services.

Finally according to the Contemporary room service menu it would require 24 hours notice when ordering the Chocolate Monorail, so I would try to order the day beforen you want it or speak to the Cast Members working on the Tower Club 14th floor when you are staying up there.

Thanks

With regard to check in I was wondering how early the club level CMs start checking in upstairs.

We stayed at BLT in May so am very familiar with the contemporary just want to make sure we get the full club level experience as it is likely to be the only time we get to do it :goodvibes

Bell services will have all our luggage as we will get them to collect it from us at BLT to move it to the Tower.

Also if I talked to lobby conceige do you think I would be able to speak to the lounge CMs the day before our CL check in to order the monorail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter