Conceirge on the Wonder Questions

We have sailed concierge on both the Fantasy (September 2018) and the Wonder (March 2019). We much preferred the concierge on the Fantasy. The concierge staff on the Fantasy were more experienced, and the concierge space seemed much more intimate.

The concierge bartender on the Wonder was not very engaging. Additionally, the concierge food was generally put out later than the stated times. And, I was chided by the food service employee in concierge for attempting to take an hours devours before he had completed his set up, even though he was quite late in getting it set up.

I had the opposite experience. I wasn't overly impressed with the Concierge experience we received on the Fantasy. I think sometimes it's just a cruise vs. cruise thing.

Just let them know in the lounge your food preferences. I remember seeing a ton of options. I am gluten free and they prepared gluten free sandwiches for me daily. They also had gluten free cookies for me.
I also answered your questions 3 posts up... but I might have done it so it looks just like a quote and not answers :oops::-)...but hope some of that helps and hope that you enjoy your cruise. The concierge staff really out of their way to accommodate all of your needs ... and desires...
May I ask which ship you were on where they were able to make you GF sandwiches? I would absolutely love that option, but on both the Dream and the Fantasy I have been told that the only GF stuff they had available were the Mickey Rice Krispie treats and the popcorn.

May I ask which ship you were on where they were able to make you GF sandwiches? I would absolutely love that option, but on both the Dream and the Fantasy I have been told that the only GF stuff they had available were the Mickey Rice Krispie treats and the popcorn.

Unless things have changed very recently, the Mickey Rice Krispie Treats are not certified GF.

We were on the Wonder. They were really great about GF options. I was also able to get GF Mickey waffles, donuts and cookies from Cabanas, GF chicken tenders from boiler bites, And of course tons of options in the main dining rooms. Room service had a great GF Mac and cheese and every night I ordered through room service the GF dessert. I would think the bigger ships would have similar.

We were on the Wonder. They were really great about GF options. I was also able to get GF Mickey waffles, donuts and cookies from Cabanas, GF chicken tenders from boiler bites, And of course tons of options in the main dining rooms. Room service had a great GF Mac and cheese and every night I ordered through room service the GF dessert. I would think the bigger ships would have similar.

Just to be clear... ANYONE who needs can get the GF options you mentioned. The GF chicken fingers can also be obtained in Cabanas at lunch. They are not the exclusive domain of Concierge. (I think the poster you were responding to had not had luck with Concierge getting GF stuff in the lounge.)

This is the first I have heard that room service has GF options - I have always been cautioned against ordering room service other than the self-wrapped Mickey Bars. THAT could be a Concierge thing. But the MDR and Cabanas stuff anyone can get by asking.

Just to be clear... ANYONE who needs can get the GF options you mentioned. The GF chicken fingers can also be obtained in Cabanas at lunch. They are not the exclusive domain of Concierge. (I think the poster you were responding to had not had luck with Concierge getting GF stuff in the lounge.)

This is the first I have heard that room service has GF options - I have always been cautioned against ordering room service other than the self-wrapped Mickey Bars. THAT could be a Concierge thing. But the MDR and Cabanas stuff anyone can get by asking.
You are so correct! The sandwiches in the lounge were because of the concierge booking, but all of the other items are open for anyone. 🙂
I was not in a suite, so the room service Gluten-free options are open for anyone. There was only one gluten-free dessert daily, and it was one of the ones they happen to be serving and when the main dining rooms. When I placed the order they sometimes did not know what the option was... so it always made for a fun surprise.
There are also gluten-free pizzas at the pizza place.

... and Daisy Delights carried “Good Life” cookies. Open to anyone who asks. 🙂
Thank you so much for all of this information! I hope I didn't hijack the thread, apologies to OP if I did. I have also had really poor luck with GF options for room service in the past, so hopefully it has been updated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter