Comparison of Studios

madelyn

DIS Veteran
Helping plan a 3 or 4 night studio stay for my 2 sisters and my 10 year old son. They will be attending the Halloween party either in Sept or early Nov. This late, choices are fairly limited. How do the studio floor plans differ? It looks like OKW has 2 sink areas. Do any of the studios have a toilet separate from the shower area that would allow someone to use the toilet if someone were showering? I guess at all the other properties other than Saratoga and OKW the hotel restrooms could be easily accessible if needed. I know that OKW has 2 queen beds vs. the bed/sofa sleeper configuration.

Helping plan a 3 or 4 night studio stay for my 2 sisters and my 10 year old son. They will be attending the Halloween party either in Sept or early Nov. This late, choices are fairly limited. How do the studio floor plans differ? It looks like OKW has 2 sink areas. Do any of the studios have a toilet separate from the shower area that would allow someone to use the toilet if someone were showering? I guess at all the other properties other than Saratoga and OKW the hotel restrooms could be easily accessible if needed. I know that OKW has 2 queen beds vs. the bed/sofa sleeper configuration.

All the studios have a toilet in the same room as the shower/tub.

All studios have a bathroom sink and a kitchenette sink (that is the 2 sinks you are seeing at OKW). None have a toilet separate from the shower. At AKV Kidani, the toilet is in a separate room within the bathroom.

I remember that separate room for the toilet at Kidani when we were there a few years ago. Haven't been in a studio at OKW in over 15 years. Ahh...so no double bathroom sinks. When I pulled up an OKW studio floorplan on-line the kitchenette sink appeared to be another bathroom sink since they were located next to one another. Do any of the studios have comfy armchairs or just a pair dining/desk chairs around small table in the room?

All studios have a bathroom sink and a kitchenette sink (that is the 2 sinks you are seeing at OKW). None have a toilet separate from the shower. At AKV Kidani, the toilet is in a separate room within the bathroom.

From on-line photos I found it looks like studios at Jambo House have double sinks but within the same bathroom area?

Also are most of the sink areas are separate from the toilet shower area so that someone can brush their teeth while someone else showers? It looks like Old Key West studios have bathrooms with everything within one room. Kidani looked like it was not separate. Couldn't tell for sure with the others.

SSR, BCV & AKV (can't recall the others) all have bathroom sinks outside of the bathroom. Of course you could always use the kitchenette sink too

Something else to consider, if someone really needs to use the toilet while someone else is showering there are also bathrooms available at all of the pools. Could be a far walk but no further than public restrooms in any of the hotels. And when you gotta go you gotta go ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter