Communique from the Fort

BarbLynnM

ICMongeese
Dateline: loop 1500

I'm on a mission here to figure out how to get into hot water. A bunch of us have complained that we've had no hot water for showers for several days.

We call, they tell us it'll be done "today"....well that was several "today's" ago, still no hot showers for us. We've had other people say they've showered in different comfort stations (loops?) but that's not an option for us.

Anyone have a number to contact other than the front desk or customer service?

It's 6am I'm uncaffinated, and it's getting ripe in this section of the Fort. Thoughts?

My only advice would be to go to the front desk and ask to speak to the resort manager for the Fort and then relate your problem to them.
Other than that I will say that my Mom told me if I didnt have anything nice to say that I should just be quiet....... so I will be quiet

My only advice would be to go to the front desk and ask to speak to the resort manager for the Fort and then relate your problem to them.
Other than that I will say that my Mom told me if I didnt have anything nice to say that I should just be quiet....... so I will be quiet
I just got a call from a main manager(?) Who told me that supposedly engineers took care of it yesterday. Nope, full on hot water was not warmer than tap cold. Not ice cubes, but. He also said that they had been told by a different family that it was cool but doable so they didn't pursue it farther. They're supposedly sending out an engineering manager. I'm not holding my breath.

He insinuated that it was our comfort level...I told him I lived on the shores of Lake Superior for 35 years so I could tolerate cold pretty good. I just kinda thought that they'd understand that as I'm paying for hot water I'd kinda like to get it.

/rant

I would probably have just gone to another comfort station and checked it out then gently reminded management that it still wasn't working at the one closest to me. This is why I have a RV, if we stay at the fort, short of the electricity being cut off, we have everything we need. Even if the electricity were to go off, we have a generator, which would not give us AC but would give us lights and the ability to use the gas stove/oven.

I would probably have just gone to another comfort station and checked it out then gently reminded management that it still wasn't working at the one closest to me. This is why I have a RV, if we stay at the fort, short of the electricity being cut off, we have everything we need. Even if the electricity were to go off, we have a generator, which would not give us AC but would give us lights and the ability to use the gas stove/oven.
Mr. Mongoose actually went to loop 1600. I feel squicky about that as we're putting an added strain on people from that loop.

Either way, the fact that they are telling people it's fixed when it isn't is an issue for me.

I still love the place though. We'll survive this little spat.

I just got a call from a main manager(?) Who told me that supposedly engineers took care of it yesterday. Nope, full on hot water was not warmer than tap cold. Not ice cubes, but. He also said that they had been told by a different family that it was cool but doable so they didn't pursue it farther. They're supposedly sending out an engineering manager. I'm not holding my breath.

He insinuated that it was our comfort level...I told him I lived on the shores of Lake Superior for 35 years so I could tolerate cold pretty good. I just kinda thought that they'd understand that as I'm paying for hot water I'd kinda like to get it.

/rant
Go to the Office and ask for a credit/refund for the days you haven't had hot water for showers. That is unacceptable. (It is understandable when problems arise from time to time. However, when it is not attended to for several days!!!? That is not o-kay. Especially at Disney prices.)

We'll there's an end to this long song and dance.

Mr. Mongoose spoke with a gentleman outside the 1500 comfort station who"had a lot of keys and looked like he meant business".

When the mister told him about the lack of hot water, he said there had been reports for the 1500 loop but when they got there it was fine. 😜

Welp the Mr. said um, this IS loop 1500...soon had hot water.

The issue has been dealt with to our $atisfaction.

End communique.

I’ve had this problem consistently in the 2000 loop. I don’t know if it’s that the hot water system can’t handle the increased usage of the tent sites.

We had a similar issue last year with hot water in the 2000 loop but it seemed to only affect the women's side. The men's side was never an issue but my wife said it was kinda hit or miss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter