Comfort Suites Maingate East

kilee

DIS Veteran
**This review was cut/pasted w/ permission from the DIS member from another thread**

We also stayed there about a year ago. We got a great rate as well and we thought it was a good deal. Unfortunately I don't have pictures but expedia should. It is a basic hotel - nothing fancy but clean. The rooms are quasi-suites (as I call them) where it is really one bigger room with maybe 2 foot wall extensions dividing the part of the room with the two beds from the part where the sofabed is. The kitchen area (if you can call it that) is very small but the refrigerator can be handy. They have a continental breakfast on site for free which was pretty good. It was busy when we stayed there too but it didn't seem like that big of a deal. It was busy at breakfast but you just need to plan that. We did not use the shuttle - I had not heard good things about it. I forgot to mention that the pool was very nice. My kids really liked it. One of the best things about this hotel is its location. It is very close to disney and there are many restaurants/stores around. Overall we thought it was a good deal especially if you have 5/6 people that won't fit in regular hotel room. Have fun!

THanks! Considering this for our final night before we drive home.

How was the shuttle sevice to the parks (WDW)? Interested in how many times they leave and how many times they come back. (Travelling with unpredictable children). Thanks!

The shuttle to WDW, in August, left the hotel at 7:30 and then three other times, liek 10, noon, and 2, or shomething liek that (we always caught the early one). There was one shuttle run per day to Sea World & Universal, which was at 8:30, with the return trip at 6 or 6:30 (we took a cab back from Universal b/c we wanted to stay until closing). The return trips from WDW were at 7:30, 8:30, 9:30 & 10:30. All trips to WDW were to the T&TC, from which you could go to any of the parks by either bus, monorail or boat.
We were 3 adults traveling, so we thought it was pretty convenient, but if I had young children, I might consider a rental car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter