Combining two reservations

Debbie123

Are we at Disney yet?
I made a reservation under the "sun and fun" promotion for a Saturday to Saturday. We found a great airfare price but it is arriving on Friday. I couldn't add the extra night to my existing reservation since that promotion had expired so when I called Disney booked me another reservation for one night (Friday). So right now I have two reservation both for a Premium site. My question is I am renting a camper and will not be able to move if I can't keep the original site. What should I do? Should I call and "hope" they can combine or do you think Disney will let me stay on the original site? Thank you.

Call Disney customer service and ask to be transferred to guest relations. The team there can merge reservations. I’ve had to do this myself.

Debbie123,

Let me get this straight: the week-long reservation is on a discount but the one night is not, correct?

If that's the case, I believe they can't be combined. They can only be combined when they are the same level (Premium for example) and at the same rate type (rack rate for example). I've combined reservations and those two points were always emphasized and double checked when they did it. You could do it if the one night reservation was also under the "sun and fun" program but since it's not, you can't.

I don't see that as a problem though. You will have two sets of Magic Bands to manage, two 180-day Dining Reservation dates, two 60-day FP periods. But when you check in the first time for the one night, tell the CM that you have another reservation arriving the next day. They may be able to fix it so you don't have to come back to the office to check in but they will want to adjust that second reservation's site number so it's the same as the one you are getting the first night (assuming they are the same level). That way you won't have to move.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I'd call guest relations. You can't move a rented camper, not sure what they would recommend. I think I would have done one night at a value resort and then move to campground

I was hoping since they were the same Premium site they wouldn't make us move. My reservation is not until September so maybe when it gets closer I should call the campground directly. I thought this would be much easier than it seems to be. Thank you all for your responses.

Might want to consider calling directly now, with Star Wars opening and campground being considered for "throw away" reservations.

I'd call guest relations. You can't move a rented camper, not sure what they would recommend. I think I would have done one night at a value resort and then move to campground
Agree with Bjkandma on this one. You could try talking to "guest relations" not "customer service". BUT if they give you the run around about combining reservations because of the special rate it would be easy and less stressful to just book a value resort for the one night. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter