College Schedules: What time do you start your classes?

Lynn CC

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISe
Do you go early and get them over with or do you start later in the day?
Do you get up early? Go to bed late?
Just curious what college life is like these days!

It really depends on the day..

Mondays and Wednesdays I have class at 9, but I have skating practice at 6 (yes, it really sucks. I usually get a nap in before class though.) Tuesdays and Thursdays I start at 9:30, and Fridays I start at 10:10...

I'd ideally like to start a little later (11:15 would be nice..) but its not too bad.

I get up early, 6:30- 7 am. On Mondays and Wednesdays I have a class at 8:30am. On Tuesdays and Thrusdays I start at 10am, but I still wake up early.

Don't have class on Fridays, so I tend to sleep more this day. I usually go to bed by 11, if I got a test 1am.

I don't mind early classes. I actually like them so I can get over with them and have the rest of the day to do other things.

I have a 9:25 class Monday through Thursday. Mondays, I have a 9:25, 12:15, and 3:15, and around 5 I go to the gym... Tuesdays and Thursdays I have a 10:50 right after my 9:25 and then I'm done for the day. Wednesdays are the same as Monday, except I don't have a 12:15... And Friday I have a 12:15. I usually get up around 7 or 8, and I like to be in bed before 12... So in between classes I go to the library to get work done, and it usually all works out. :)

I have a 9 AM every morning but how it worked out this semester is I only have one class on thursday, friday so i'm done by 10 AM on those days - I love my schedule this semester. Late afternoon classes are the hardest to get through in my opinion especially if you have a big break before hand. Last semester I have a class until 3:50 on fridays - not fun especially when you want to leave for vacations.

Mondays and Wednesdays my first class is at 9. Tuesdays and Thursdays my first class is at 9:35, and Fridays my class is at 11. I generally like to start earlier so I can finish earlier. I can't study late at night like some people can. I know, I'm weird...

Monday I start at 9, Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:30, and Wednesdays and Fridays 10. I'm done between 1 and 2 on most days.....except on Wed. when i have a lab from 2-5!!! :faint:

I don't live in the dorms, I commute, so I usually have to leave about an hour and a half before my class starts which kinda sucks. But I don't wanna stay on campus sooooo late, so I just tell myself to suck it up and do it. :rotfl2: doesn't always work, but I try. :)

i start at 8 monday, tuesday, and thursday...wednesday i have field experience but not sure what time i have to be there yet--friday i have off..
i also commute so i have to leave pretty early

Monday, Wed, Thursday:
8:00 Wellness
9:15 Personality
1:35 Developmental Psych
2:50 20th Century Art History

I have off on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Honestly, I TRY to get to bed before midnight. It's alot easier this year getting to bed at a reasonable hour, since all of Northeastern upperclassmen housing is apartment style (much quieter). I usually wind up going to bed around 1 and napping before my 1:35.

On the weekends...I'll go to bed anywhere from 2:00 til 5:00...depends on the night.

Last year I never went to bed before 3. Freshman dorms are brutal.

I always get 8 hours of sleep though, whether I nap or sleep a full 8. I need that 8 hours to function.

It's much easier to get sleep this year, thankfully.

Monday and Wednesdays I have classes at 10:20, 11:30, 1:10 and 2:50 (lunch break from 12:30-1:10). I get up at 7am though because I get a ride with my mother to avoid the parking (perk of mom working on campus :cool1: )

Tuesday and Thursdays I have classes at 1:10 and 3:30 (with an hour break in between). Those days I get up at 8 and do work before heading to campus around 11:30 because of parking (it really is that bad)

Fridays I have classes at 10:20, 11:30, half hour lunch and then a 1:10 class.

I'm dealing with karmic payback for my last few semesters where I always had a full day or two (or three, last semester) off during the week, and rarely started before 10 AM. MWF, I have an 8:30, 10:30 and 11:30 (all 50 minute classes), plus a Monday night class I'm TAing from 7-10 PM. I also have a film screening Wednesday nights at 6. T/TR, all classes are an hour and 15 minutes, and I have a 9:00, a 1:30 and a 4:30.

On the bright side, once it's over? It's over FOREVER! Or at least until grad school.

Nothing before 10 and nothing after 2. Thats my motto and I've stuck to it fairly well in college. Have had a few night classes which aren't a big deal but to this day I've still never taken (and never will) and 8 o'clock class. In fact my major's department got rid of 8 o'clock classes last semester. I've also had 4 semesters where I had no friday classes. And two of those semesters I had no monday classes either.

Mon.Wed.Fri I have class from 10:30-11:35, and 1:00-2:05. Tues.Thurs. I have class from 10:00-11:50, and 3-4:50. I try not to have class before 10, I'm not a morning person. Living in the dorms have gotten me accustomed to staying up late, I go to bed on an average night between 1-2am and get up at 8:45 or 9am. I have cheer practice mon.wed.thur from 7:30pm-10pm so I can't have night classes.. I also have alot of activities with my sorority which keep my afternoons/nights during the week busy. No wonder I can't get a job haha.. NO FREE TIME! Weekends are made for sleeping and hmwk.

uhh... I start bright and early at 8:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. I don't start until 11:00 on Thursdays, but I do have a 3 hour lab from 6:00-9:00 on Wednesday nights.

So far, it's been ok... the only problem is that I'm a natural night owl. It's pretty common if I'm up 'til 3:00 doing homework... I'll have to work on that ;)

I start at 8am on MWF and 9:30am on TR. Not too bad considering I'd rather just get all my classes done. I can't stand late classes. I have a 3:30-4:45 on MW and I just hate it.

Simba said:
I start at 8am on MWF and 9:30am on TR. Not too bad considering I'd rather just get all my classes done. I can't stand late classes. I have a 3:30-4:45 on MW and I just hate it.

I agree, I don't like later classes either. But I also don't like the 8 am ones...luckily none of the classes I am taking this semester were even offered at 8, so it wasn't a problem.

monday thru thursday i don't start till 9:30..which is late for me :rolleyes: friday i have no class thank god.

Mon and Wed: 11-12:15 and 2-3:15
Tues and Thur: 1-2:15 and 2:30-3:45
Fridays are my off day! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter