College Program Questions Thread, Pt 4

When applying is it harder to get in if you have graduated the semester before? (I'll be graduating in December and wanting to do it for Spring). Also is it harder to get in if you aren't living on the Disney property?

I applied this semester (Graduated in May) you will need to apply when applications come out in Aug/September. Not living in Housing has no effect since they won't know that until after you accept your offer.

Hey! I am considering WDWCP Fall 2014 (long way off, I know...) and I wanted to know if one of the roles available on the CP was the Pirates League? I like the idea of BBB, but Pirates League sounds like a lot more fun to me!

On the CP website it lists the two roles together, but does not elaborate at all.

Thanks!

How much (generally) do CPs make an hour? I guess it depends on what role you get, I've heard characters make more, but I'd love to have an estimate on what the pay is! :)

Thanks!

How much (generally) do CPs make an hour? I guess it depends on what role you get, I've heard characters make more, but I'd love to have an estimate on what the pay is! :)

Thanks!

I was offered $8.65 for Concierge, I would assume Vacation Planning would be around the same as there is a lot of training involved. Merchandise, Food and Beverage and attractions should be around minimum wage which in FL I think is about $7.35. Maybe others in other roles can comment.

I was offered $8.65 for Concierge, I would assume Vacation Planning would be around the same as there is a lot of training involved. Merchandise, Food and Beverage and attractions should be around minimum wage which in FL I think is about $7.35. Maybe others in other roles can comment.

I got accepted as attractions, and my offer letter said that the pay would be $7.79. I think minimum wage in Florida was recently increased.

Hey! I am considering WDWCP Fall 2014 (long way off, I know...) and I wanted to know if one of the roles available on the CP was the Pirates League? I like the idea of BBB, but Pirates League sounds like a lot more fun to me!

On the CP website it lists the two roles together, but does not elaborate at all.

Thanks!

Yes - TPL utilizes CPs. You'll hear that BBB is one of the hardest locations to get into because they use such few CPs... TPL uses even less. Focus on makeup experience and performance during your interview for the best shot.

I am familiar with the "Disney Look" and I know if I get in the DCP I will have to take out a few piercings and dye my hair back brown (it's VERY red), but my hair is short. That's ok, right? As long as it isn't shaved weird or generally extreme? I'd like to know NOW so if I have to grow it out at all ill have time.

I am familiar with the "Disney Look" and I know if I get in the DCP I will have to take out a few piercings and dye my hair back brown (it's VERY red), but my hair is short. That's ok, right? As long as it isn't shaved weird or generally extreme? I'd like to know NOW so if I have to grow it out at all ill have time.

Short hair is perfectly fine. There are a few people with realllly short hair here. :)

Does anyone have a map image that has all of the complexes on it, and where they are located in comparison to the parks and resorts? I think I saw one on here recently, but I don't remember which thread.

I know Leeg has already posted one, but here's another. This one has all the WDW resorts, but I didn't label the parks. (Epcot, DHS, and DTD are visible, AK and MK are not)

CP_Housing_And_WDW_Resorts.jpg

Hi everyone! :wave2: So, my husband is starting his second year of college in the fall. He's an older student (30) majoring in Computer Programming. He's very interested in working for Disney Interactive after he graduates. We've been playing around with the idea of him either doing the CP or a PI. We do not have kids.

My thinking is that the CP will get his foot in the door for later opportunities with the company. If he did get accepted for the CP, we would probably just move to FL/CA (since that's our dream anyway!) I know he wouldn't have to live in the CP housing. I guess he could just transfer to a school in the area after he completed the program (UCF or one in Cali maybe)?? Is it common for people to do this?

I guess I just wanted to see what you all thought. We don't know anyone personally who has done the CP or a PI. Thanks so much in advance!

I know a lot of people who transferred to a local school after doing the CP

So my original arrival date was Aug 12 and I bought a ticket for a concert Sept 13. now my arrival date is Sept 9 and I really want to go to that concert. I know the first day is check in, second is mostly off, third is traditions. now after that I can't remember the order but I would have the training (1 day for custodial) at DU and the location orientation. When I did my first program both of those were in the morning is that the usual?

Hello guys! Just a quick question about arrival for the DCP.

Is it possible to have your arrival the same day of check in? I'll be flying down by myself and want to avoid the hassle of staying in a hotel til check in, and paying the very pricey taxi fares

Hello guys! Just a quick question about arrival for the DCP. Is it possible to have your arrival the same day of check in? I'll be flying down by myself and want to avoid the hassle of staying in a hotel til check in, and paying the very pricey taxi fares

Yes, hypothetically it's possible. However, since you need to arrive between 8-10AM, you'd need to be on a red-eye flight into MCO to get to Vista on time.

I'd suggest joining the DCP Facebook groups, and seeing if you can split a room with someone. I know people have found rooms at the holiday inn across the street from check in for $70ish/night.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. If your flight gets delayed/cancelled, you won't have enough wiggle room to make it on time. Sure, Disney will probably work with you so you can still check in, but is that how you want to start the program?

Yes, hypothetically it's possible. However, since you need to arrive between 8-10AM, you'd need to be on a red-eye flight into MCO to get to Vista on time.

I'd suggest joining the DCP Facebook groups, and seeing if you can split a room with someone. I know people have found rooms at the holiday inn across the street from check in for $70ish/night.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. If your flight gets delayed/cancelled, you won't have enough wiggle room to make it on time. Sure, Disney will probably work with you so you can still check in, but is that how you want to start the program?

Alright cool thanks, I'll check it out!

Also one more thing, if I do book a room at the Holiday Inn do you recommend checking out before heading my way down to Vista Way? Will that mean I'll have to drag along my luggage as well?

Alright cool thanks, I'll check it out!

Also one more thing, if I do book a room at the Holiday Inn do you recommend checking out before heading my way down to Vista Way? Will that mean I'll have to drag along my luggage as well?

That is a good question - one I don't know the answer to. I'd assume you'll probably need to bring it with you since the hotel checkout time is 11AM, but the hotel might have bag storage for after you check out, since a lot of DCPers will be staying there and they'll have the same issue.

I'm also pretty sure I read somewhere that there will also be a place to leave luggage when you start the check in process if you can't/don't want to leave it at the hotel when you check out, but I can't remember where I saw it. You could always call the DCP office and see what they recommend! The number should be on the onboarding website, and also in your job offer letter.

Hello guys! Just a quick question about arrival for the DCP.

Is it possible to have your arrival the same day of check in? I'll be flying down by myself and want to avoid the hassle of staying in a hotel til check in, and paying the very pricey taxi fares

That's what I did for my Summer CP back in 2009. I got a 6am flight out of Philadelphia and went right to check in from the airport.

So I am new to the CP program. I am 28yr old and I have been wanting to apply for a few years now, but I am one of these type of people that doesn't want to get out of their comfort zone but this year I am going to apply for the Spring 2014 program.

I have a family friend who graduated from hs this may and I have talked to her about doing the college program together with me. We are both supper excited about doing this. But I have a few questions about how everything works.

Here is a little background on me:

I graduated from my college with my associates in Early Childhood Education back in 2011. About that time I slowly started working on my associates in American Sign Language (This is how I will be applying this year.) I currently work for a local daycare.

I am not sure if these have been asked or not (please point me in the right direction if they have been asked)

1) What do you think my chances of getting Children Activities or one of the Children's Clubs with my degree if I request Recreation or is there another option that either of these would fall under? When is the best time to mention it? Or should I go for a role where I might have a chance to work on my ASL? Maybe Hospitality or Bell Service Dispatch/Greeter

2) I know the new DORMS program from what I have read lets you request your roommates but how would I go about making sure I get in a Dorm with my family friend? (Female, under 21. I am older then 21, and I rarely drink, and if I do it is when I am like out to dinner and I am not driving afterwards.)

3) If I found say two to four other roommates that were cool with rooming with someone under 21 would Disney allow it? (I don't want to end up in an apartment with girls under 21 who think it would be ok to have liquor in a dry apartment because I have heard of over 21's being in a dry apartment where liquor was found and being the one thrown out because of it.)

4) We will be driving down to WDW so that we have a car. How does check-in work if you are driving in? Is there somewhere to park the car inside the gate? Do I have to park on the street before I get my parking pass? Is there somewhere outside the gate to park? (We are not sure at the moment about if we are going to stay near Orlando the night before or get up early and drive in)

5) On the application of CP how far back do they want your jobs to go? (some places want 5 yrs, some 10yrs. I am going on six years of teaching)

Any Help I can get in having these questions is very much welcomed. Thank- you so very much in advance.

1) What do you think my chances of getting Children Activities or one of the Children's Clubs with my degree if I request Recreation or is there another option that either of these would fall under? When is the best time to mention it? Or should I go for a role where I might have a chance to work on my ASL? Maybe Hospitality or Bell Service Dispatch/Greeter

2) I know the new DORMS program from what I have read lets you request your roommates but how would I go about making sure I get in a Dorm with my family friend? (Female, under 21. I am older then 21, and I rarely drink, and if I do it is when I am like out to dinner and I am not driving afterwards.)

3) If I found say two to four other roommates that were cool with rooming with someone under 21 would Disney allow it? (I don't want to end up in an apartment with girls under 21 who think it would be ok to have liquor in a dry apartment because I have heard of over 21's being in a dry apartment where liquor was found and being the one thrown out because of it.)

4) We will be driving down to WDW so that we have a car. How does check-in work if you are driving in? Is there somewhere to park the car inside the gate? Do I have to park on the street before I get my parking pass? Is there somewhere outside the gate to park? (We are not sure at the moment about if we are going to stay near Orlando the night before or get up early and drive in)

5) On the application of CP how far back do they want your jobs to go? (some places want 5 yrs, some 10yrs. I am going on six years of teaching)

Any Help I can get in having these questions is very much welcomed. Thank- you so very much in advance.

1) Well, there are no guarantees. But because of your major, I would think there is a chance. Definitely bring it up during the interview

2) I don't know how they do it online. But in the past, if one was over and one was under 21, they had to go to check-in together to declare they wanted to room together (as Under-21 automatically go into Wellness, and 21+ do not).

3) They would have to be ok with going into wellness because once again, Under-21 automatically go into Wellness apartments

4) Cars are allowed into Vista for check-in

5) I can't remember, ack! I don't believe it goes back 10 years, if I remember correctly

Disneymusicprincess,
Several of their blog articles touch on the things you've asked. I'll try to point you to them the best I can.

1) Recreation does work with some of the childrens activities at the pools. There are also several other areas that fall under recreation. If you apply for that, you would need to be open to those other areas as we

You could indicate your preference to work with childrens' activities during the telephone interview.

They talk about this here:
https://disneyprogramsblog.com/when-is-the-best-time-to-request-a-specific-work-location/

For your ASL skills, all roles would benefit.
https://disneyprogramsblog.com/language-pin-nametags/

2) Roommates have to have the exact arrival/departure dates, same gender. Those who are over 21 can choose to reside with people who are under 21.

If you have a roommate match option available, then you would need to fill out your registration showing that you want to reside with someone under 21 and then input their link

Under the "How We Assign Apartments and Roommates" headline
Under the "How DORMS Works" headline: Participant Profile section and Roommate Preference section

https://disneyprogramsblog.com/dorms/

3) Yes. They would all have to fill out their registration just like you. This is also in https://disneyprogramsblog.com/dorms/

Just keep in mind that you may not have a ton of matching spots available to you and that you won't know how many will be available until you get to access the DORMS system 10 days before check-in. If you make any preliminary roommate plans, you would want to have alternate plans if you are limited on the number of matches you could request.

4) The apartments have parking spaces. You will be directed through the gate and follow the signs to where to park. Parking passes are issued during check-in. They aren't really enforced those mornings because it is known that a lot of the traffic coming in will not have them.

5) I don't recall this specifically, but I don't think they go back as far as 10. Just have your resume next to you and fill out as much as you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter