Cold Weather Modifications to the Wonder?

Tomatoface

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if there has been any word out about making cold weather modification to the Disney Wonder for the Alaskan cruise. Some of the other cruise lines that go to Alaska have modifications like pools that are enclosed.

The Wonder completed her last Pre-Alaska drydock in Oct 2009. The only cold weather modification that was to create an enclosed viewing area above the Cove Cafe, called the Outlook Cafe.

Just wondering if there has been any word out about making cold weather modification to the Disney Wonder for the Alaskan cruise. Some of the other cruise lines that go to Alaska have modifications like pools that are enclosed.

I do not believe they are going to make any further modifications to the Wonder for Alaska....they already closed in and expanded one of the outdoor bar areas on Deck 10 with walls of glass and connected it to the Cove Cafe on Deck 9 via a spiral staircase. I took pictures when we were onboard last month that I will post when I get a chance. It is called, I believe, the Outlook Cafe.

I have not heard any word about them enclosing the pools.

MJ

Is there any chance that there will be Ocean Quest on the Alaska cruises? We've only been with the magic and my then 12 year old does NOT want to go to the labs.

As the Wonder will not go into dry or wet dock before Alaska, I doubt they will have Ocean Quest. A lot of people thought that DCL would make the change in dry dock last year, but it didn't happen.

We cruised Alaska on HAL's Amsterdam. While they did have a sliding cover over one pool, they never had it completely closed, and the open decks were where everyone was when viewing the glaciers. The Wonder really didn't need any modifications.
They did handed out blankets, soup,coffee and hot chocolate on the decks during the glacier viewing on HAL.
And we went swimming in the aft pool which is not covered and were perfectly comfortable because it was heated to 80 degrees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter