Coke Freestyle Refills

inspectorgadget

Mouseketeer
I am thinking about buying the Coke Freestyle Refillable cups for my family's upcoming trip. We will be there for 4 park days and will use them everyday. I understand that I will have to pay $9.99 per cup to reactivate each cup, each day. Can I also get these refilled at counter service restaurants as well? Are there freestyle machines there or will the employees take the cup and fill it for me?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I am thinking about buying the Coke Freestyle Refillable cups for my family's upcoming trip. We will be there for 4 park days and will use them everyday. I understand that I will have to pay $9.99 per cup to reactivate each cup, each day. Can I also get these refilled at counter service restaurants as well? Are there freestyle machines there or will the employees take the cup and fill it for me?

Thanks.
I'm not really sure what the policy is. We asked once at Red Oven and they wouldn't refill. We didn't ask at Toothsome and the waitress offered us refills. She brought the refills in other cups then we dumped them into our Freestyle cups.

My guess is that they aren't suppose to refill since they don't have the scanners to verify that the cup is active.

Now, we just make sure we refill before we head into a restaurant and don't worry about it.

My understanding & experience is that the only CityWalk vendor that refills the "park purchases" Coke Freestyle mugs is the coke stand that has soda & icee & popcorn right in the main walkway coming down from the main entrance. If CW restaurants choose to refill them, that's just a bonus. No CW restaurant offered to refill ours while they were sitting on the table while we were dining & we never asked. And not every counter service in the parks honor the icee refills, but all the Coke Freestyle machines in the parks are available for refills every 10 minutes.

The resorts are on a different refill system, so your park mugs probably won't work at the Coke Freestyle machines in the Universal resorts.

The resorts are on a different refill system, so your park mugs probably won't work at the Coke Freestyle machines in the Universal resorts.
On our trip in July, we heard some folks say they filled their park cups at the machines in the Aventura lobby. We meant to try it, but never remembered when we were in the lobby.

Some of the restaurants have a drink machine in / nearby. They also have a timer so you have to wait so many minutes before they can be refilled, it's harder to share when you have to wait 15 mins lol

Some of the restaurants have a drink machine in / nearby. They also have a timer so you have to wait so many minutes before they can be refilled, it's harder to share when you have to wait 15 mins lol

That is another question I have: sharing. There are 6 of us and I do not intend on buying 6 cups, only 3 cups and we will share. Will anyone care if we do share?

The official policy is no sharing. Nothing has ever been said to us though.

Oh gosh, I had no idea you weren't supposed to share! We have one cup between the four of us, and take turns filling it up with whatever each person wants. No one has ever said anything. Having to carry any more than that around seems like a major hassle!!!

Where do you find that official policy? You buy a cup that gives refills with a 10-minute lock-out. What you do with the soda or icee is your own business.
That's definitely the policy, but I see no way of them enforcing it.

That language is all over the Universal site. Here's one example: https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/dining/croissant-moon-bakery/menu.html

For those that don't want to click:
*Valid Coca-Cola Freestyle® Souvenir Cup required to dispense Coca-Cola Freestyle®. Refills are limited to no more than one (1) pour from the Coca-Cola Freestyle® machine per 10 minutes and valid day of purchase only. Sharing is not permitted. Additional restrictions may apply which are subject to change without notice.

At the counter service places, prior to covid, you would just hand them your cup and tell them what you wanted. The current process (at least as of July) is - they will fill a paper cup and hand it to you so you can dump it in your refillable mug. At these places, the only choices you have are whatever taps they have available - so you can't get specialty flavors in your drink, Poweraid, etc.

At the counter service places, prior to covid, you would just hand them your cup and tell them what you wanted. The current process (at least as of July) is - they will fill a paper cup and hand it to you so you can dump it in your refillable mug. At these places, the only choices you have are whatever taps they have available - so you can't get specialty flavors in your drink, Poweraid, etc.
We were there in August, and most of the time they filled the actual cup at counter service. There were a few times we got the disposable cups, but they were mostly back to using the cup itself.

How are the freestyle machines lately? Are they still running out of ice or are they better now? How are the lines? Debating whether or not to pack our cups.

Last edited:
OP here. I did end up purchasing 3 cups for my family of 6 and I am so happy that we did. It was very hot during our September trip. There was no problem with ice or lines, but it was September which is a slower time of year. I don't know what it would be like during a busy time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter