Coke Freestyle Questions

wgeo

DIS Veteran
I've looked around for answers on this, but am finding a lot of conflicting information. I take it there has been some changes recently? My question is the difference between the coke freestyle in the parks and the refillable cups at the resorts. We're staying at Cabana Bay. Are they the same? Can we use the freestyle cups at the resorts?

Also - can anyone confirm that there is water available in the freestyle machines. Some people say yes and some say no.

Thanks!

Freestyle cups didn't work at Sapphire Falls as of two weeks ago. No idea on the water.

Thanks.

The coke freestyle website lists water, plain and flavored as being in the machines, but then I read someone say that Universal turned that off.

I think the filtered water was just re-added a few weeks back. I can't speak from experience, only posts I've seen on Universal related blogs

Thanks, that's good to know - can't imagine why they wouldn't let you have water after you've already paid for the cups.

Are there different colored/styled cups so that we can keep track of whose cup is whose?

The resort cups do not work in the park and the park cups do not work in the resort. Our small family just grabs one of each and we share whatever we drink as we are going along. The Freestyle price in the parks did go up by a buck recently, but they added Icees in as an available beverage to get unlimited refills on so it's a win in my opinion.

Yes, water is back in the freestyle machines for those with activated cups. Another recent change is that icees are now included with the Freestyle cups. For these, you need to go to the counter and they'll fill up your cup for you. There aren't the same variety of icees everywhere though. We saw one we wanted to try near MIB but we had just filled our cup so we figured we would get it at the next one but couldn't find that flavor at other locations. (I can't remember which flavor it was - just that it sounded good at that time!)

great Q, was wondering myself! Do you have to have a purchased cup to get ice water at the freestyle machines now? Is there no free water options in the parks? I know the Starbucks at Disney World last year were great for free large filtered waters ;)

Yes, you need a purchased cup to get water from the freestyle machines. Otherwise, any quick service will give you a cup of ice water.

Not trying to be smart... Google 'universal freestyle cups' and you will get all the info about them.

There is a great article about them on another site.

Thanks everyone for all your answers.

The problem with googling universal freestyle is that it gives a huge amount of conflicting information as it seems there have been recent changes, and so for those of us who are new it is very hard to figure out which articles are accurate.

I always look at the date and use the most current info google has listed

Then you know it is not out dated info you are seeking

Yes, but that's not always accurate - if you google, one of the top choices is from touring plans and it gives a date of Feb 2017, but if you read the article, it has what appears to be quite old information in it. Lots of bloggers do things to get their dates updated so that they're higher in the googles search results without actually updating their information.

Anywho - that's why I appreciate everyone hear taking time to help answer!

Can someone tell me how much the cups are? Can you use them multiple days?

From the universalorlando.com website

$13.99/day and you can recharge for less

Coca-Cola freestyle®
Drink All Day Long

Purchase a Coca-Cola freestyle® Souvenir Cup and enjoy FREE unlimited fountain refills – 100+ drink choices - at participating Coca-Cola freestyle® locations. Valid Day of Purchase only.

Participating Coca-Cola freestyle®locations:
  • Universal Studios Florida®: Mel's Drive In, ICEE Cart in World Expo, Kid Zone Pizza Co., Lagoon Lemonade Cart, San Francisco Pastry Shop, Louie's Italian Restaurant, Richter's Burger Co., Universal Studios' Classic Monsters Cafe
  • Universal's Islands of Adventure®: The Burger Digs, Oasis Coolers, Comic Strip Cafe, Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-pendous™, Moose Juice, Goose Juice, Captain America Diner®, Dining Reservation Cart, Pizza Predattoria®, Beer Cart across from Thunder Falls Terrace®

Great info thanks,haven't been in about 10 years to Universal, use to be pass holder for years but just do Disney now want to go back

Sounds like a decent deal if you are a soda beverage drinker

I have done quick service with the free coupons and it does save money

Most of the time I am solo and dread having to take care of a bag, cup, popcorn tub, etc

I prefer not to use lockers and back track to get my belongings

So I take a pass on buying into that program
When I am with a group of other friends, one in our group isnthendesignated pack horse in charge of the loose objects
Or isnthe runner for the group to fetch them for us

When I'm with five friends we all take turns in playing mom and hang on to the cell phones , gift bags cups etc

I stay a free spirit and buy the drink,'popcorn bucket is I just have to have it......

I go into the park hands free most day

I keep money in my bra And wear a durable lanyard for room key and charge back to my hotel

I just got back and found that water is in fact in the Freestyle machines, but you're better off getting water filled at a regular counter instead. In fact, the counters will fill any water bottle for you. If you get water filled at a freestyle machine, you'll be locked out from refills for 15 minutes, even water. And for soda refills, it seemed like the counters had a device to check and see if it was a valid cup for the day, but the 15 minute limit didn't apply or they couldn't check the time on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!