Code watch for September 2017

If you are staying at a value resort you get the quick service dining plan free which means 2 quick service meals. No sit down meal unless you pay the difference between quick service and the regular plan.

What is the difference if you upgrade a free quick service plan??

If you are staying at a value resort you get the quick service dining plan free which means 2 quick service meals. No sit down meal unless you pay the difference between quick service and the regular plan.
Thanks. Didn't think of that. We are staying at the Poly this time.

We're planning 9/23-9/30 at CBR. Two rooms with 5 adults 1 child (11 yrs). Hoping for FD to reduce some of the cost. Seeing as there are so many of us, I priced it out and I think FD would still be better than RO discount.

Free dining is when you receive the regular "Dining Plan" for free (regular dining plan - 1 table-service meal, 1 quick-service meal, 2 snacks and 1 refillable mug).

For 2017, this is equivalent to $67.33 per day per person for adults ($24.22 kids under 10). So it depends on your eating habits and what you are paying for your room whether this is a "better" deal or not.

For me, I travel with my wife and adult daughter, I know if I don't get the dining plan we will be eating junk all week. The dining plan guarantees, I'll get one sit down meal every day!
I know what the dining plan is. We just never use it. We have looked and it just doesn't seem like we would make good use of it. We split meals quite often and go Club Level so it's not worth it. Plus we are APs so often you have to buy a package vacation for free dining. I was just saying that I didn't even look at that promotion for what dates/resorts were included or even if a free dining bounceback was available since I wasn't interested in it.

I'm about to book, thinking about doing a split stay September 17th - 23rd with the 17th - 19th at POR and then the rest at one of the deluxe resorts...probably Beach Club since it's F & W.

If they drop any discounts or free DDP do you just call and have them add those to your reservation, or do you have to rebook?

They don't like to make planning early easy! We are trying to decide between trying for free dining or renting dvc points. Most people say you are better off with the room only discount and paying for the dining plan but for us if we got the 30% off room only discount it is less than getting free dining for two adults and two kids. So we are trying to see if renting dvc points gives us the bigger discount!

If your room includes a kitchen you should be golden. There are grocery stores you can go to or have them deliver. Transportation via Uber or the like would be beneficial and often times there are discounts for first timers online or connected to your credit card. You certainly have more options to consider.

Looking at Mousesaver site, Fall discounts drop in the April or May. However if memory serves me correctly. When we went in 2012, the fall discount for Visa holders dropped in late March. Maybe our wait might be shorter than were expecting. Its a small chance, but its fun to hope.

Disney Visa did not offer discounts for fall 2016, I hope they do this year. disneytouristblog predicts that Disney will be offering deep discounts for 2017 - so far I'm not seeing that. But I'm with you - it's fun to hope!

We're planning 9/23-9/30 at CBR. Two rooms with 5 adults 1 child (11 yrs). Hoping for FD to reduce some of the cost. Seeing as there are so many of us, I priced it out and I think FD would still be better than RO discount.

Yes you are correct! Free dining in your circumstance would be extremely beneficial. I'd go with that in a heartbeat! Good luck and good hunting!

I'm new to this website. Just wanted to say I'm waiting for the room discounts too. My sister and I are going to Universal Sept 13-15 and then WDW Sept 15-24. My sister has never been to either park and I've only been to WDW once! Should I go ahead and book the trip or wait until discounts are out?

I'm new to this website. Just wanted to say I'm waiting for the room discounts too. My sister and I are going to Universal Sept 13-15 and then WDW Sept 15-24. My sister has never been to either park and I've only been to WDW once! Should I go ahead and book the trip or wait until discounts are out?
It depends on what you are looking to get. You might take a look at current availability for resorts you want to stay at. If you book now I would honestly suggest booking what you are comfortable spending and not count on a discount/promotion.

Following. Booked a solo trip for Sept. Going in May also, on a 4+3 day PH I snagged before the ticket price hike. I will probably convert it to an AP, and then see what kind of discount I can get.

Disney Visa did not offer discounts for fall 2016, I hope they do this year. disneytouristblog predicts that Disney will be offering deep discounts for 2017 - so far I'm not seeing that. But I'm with you - it's fun to hope!

So far I've seen higher room rates compared to dates traveled in 2015, 2016

Deep discounts must be a myth.

Because of the refurbishment, you will get a $75 GC per night, per room. CMs have been telling people that they can get FD in addition to that.

I changed my booking from Pop to CBR ...

Because of the refurbishment, you will get a $75 GC per night, per room. CMs have been telling people that they can get FD in addition to that.

WOW that's big news! :D Can you use the CG to pay for the room?

I booked a room at Pop for the 2nd week of Sept, If free dining comes available do I have to cancel my reservation to get free dining? and then rebook the room..... Can I just book a room online with the package and then call and cancel my room just in case I don't get free dining, I don't want to lose my room.

I'm thinking about changing from a value to CBR. I just wanted to make sure that I understand correctly: I will get free dining and a $75/night gc? If thats the case, CBR is the better deal for me! Even with just the $75 gc, it is a better deal!

Last edited:
I'm thinking about changing from a value to CBR. I just wanted to make sure that I understand correctly: I will get free dining and a $75/night gc? If thats the case, CBR is the better deal for me! Even with just the $75 gc, it is a better deal!
Do you think you can use the GC towards the balance of your room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter