Code for Magic Candle Company

I ordered Tiki Terrace, Poly, Flying over Orange Groves, and Wilderness Campground.

Three are for me. And FOOG is for my sister. She still misses the oranges smell in Horizons, Loves the orange smell in soarin and used to ride with the window down through Orange Groves so that she can smell the Blossoms.

I have the Banshee (Flight of Passage) and the AKL smell (can't remember the name) in the oils. I LOVE the smells! The AKL is pretty subtle once in the warmer. I started using the Banshee one a couple of weeks before our last trip. When we got on FoP, the kids yelled - "IT SMELLS LIKE OUR HOUSE!!"

I got my delivery. I think that the Tiki Terrace and Polynesian are my favorite. The melts are very soft so you can separate them with a knife. I tried flying over orange groves. I put two in and it really made the bathroom smell much better. We did open the rest to smell them. I definitely will order some of these in candle form. But I have a good backstock of candle that I need to burn first.

Has anyone tried the pirate one? That’s the one I’m thinking about ordering.

Got the oils yesterday. As I said before, I ordered another diffuser for myself to try the oils with that, I'm gifting the first one. So - just smelling the OILS ONLY, straight in the bottles

I did not care for Pirates, or Haunted at all. Rome is Burning is indeed smokey, VERY smokey - for tat reason - unless it calms WAY down in the diffuser, I won't use it - would always make me feel like something's on fire and stress me out, or remind me of when I smoked, 10 years ago. I also don't think I'll be using Pineapple Whip or Bakery a lot - they smell good, but TOO good - I'd always be hungry. And I already constantly struggle with my weight, so why push it? :)

Contemporary, Banshee Flight, Flying Over Orange Groves, Polynesian, and Wilderness Resort all smell okay - I like some more than others, and maybe some of the ones I'm on the fence about will "mellow out" with water, in the diffuser. Can't wait to get/use my diffuser - the pics of that look so cool, and I LOVE the changing lights!!

Last edited:
Got the oils yesterday. As I said before, I ordered another diffuser for myself to try the oils with that, I'm gifting the first one. So - just smelling the OILS ONLY, straight in the bottles

I did not care for Pirates, or Haunted at all. Rome is Burning is indeed smokey, VERY smokey - for tat reason - unless it calms WAY down in the diffuser, I won't use it - would always make me feel like something's on fire and stress me out, or remind me of when I smoked, 10 years ago. I also don't think I'll be using Pineapple Whip or Bakery a lot - they smell good, but TOO good - I'd always be hungry. And I already constantly struggle with my weight, so why push it? :)

Contemporary, Banshee Flight, Flying Over Orange Groves, Polynesian, and Wilderness Resort all smell okay - I like some more than others, and maybe some of the ones I'm on the fence about will "mellow out" with water, in the diffuser. Can't wait to get/use my diffuser - the pics of that look so cool, and I LOVE the changing lights!!

Thanks for the honest review, Heidi.

Thanks for the honest review, Heidi.
You're very welcome. Of course - all opinions, and oddities of nose, are always all my own. Your results may vary. Or not. And mine may too, once I get my diffuser in, and I mix these with water, and have them diffused.;)

Well thanks a lot, people! I just spent way too much money and ordered 10 different scents in all sorts of forms. Geez, I just couldn't help myself! At least the discount covered shipping. And I keep thinking that it is cheaper than actually going to WDW.

Well thanks a lot, people! I just spent way too much money and ordered 10 different scents in all sorts of forms. Geez, I just couldn't help myself! At least the discount covered shipping. And I keep thinking that it is cheaper than actually going to WDW.
I told myself the same thing about the discount and shipping as I was also spending way too much,. But it sounds better now I know somebody else said it - so thank you!!! :)

Oh and enjoy, let us know what you think when you try them. My diffuser should hopefully be here tomorrow, so I'll finally get to try mine. :)

I started using the Banshee one a couple of weeks before our last trip. When we got on FoP, the kids yelled - "IT SMELLS LIKE OUR HOUSE!!"
I just bought that one along with Pirates, Poly and Haunted. I had the Poly oil in my diffuser all weekend and as much as my husband LOVES the smell of the poly lobby he didn't think it was on point. I can't remember what the lobby smells like but i definitely enjoyed the Poly oil scent.

Has anyone tried the pirate one? That’s the one I’m thinking about ordering.
I tried the Pirate oil yesterday, but after i used the Poly one in my diffuser. I don't know if that affected the smell, but i didn't get that bromine musty scent of Pirates. I'll have to put it back on tonight.

OK - Diffuser came, but did not have instructions. Have not gifted 1st one yet, so used those instructions (the English in them leaves something to be desired - not unusual for written instructions these days, I've found, unfortunately). Emailed Magic, asking they be emailed or snail mailed. The diffuser also appears to not be cycling the light colors - pressed twice like instructed, even turned off/back on to see if "resetting" it made a difference - has not. Not a biggie, I can keep it 1 color, but the instructions are important to me.

First fragrance I'm choosing to sample is the Wilderness Resort, which I liked when I opened the bottle. Very nice, smells almost powdery to me, or like a man's cologne, if that makes any sense. Just read the description - it says it has hints of leather in it, so now the "man's cologne" makes sense. Later on I will go out/come back in to see how lasting the fragrance is.

ETA: Not bad. Emailed Magic, they replied that they'd send me the instructions in about 10 minutes. Had them approximately an hour and 1/2 later. The diffuser is definitely not cycling through the colors, but like I said above, I didn't even ask them about that. My favorite color is blue, so just keeping it on that. Just FYI.

Last edited:
I have the Animal Lodge and Beach Resort.

The Animal Lodge smells just like the Spireside version and really packs a punch (as Pete indicated). Like I'll light it for about 20 minutes and blow it out. I'll stick with the Spireside version going forward on that scent.

I really love the Beach Resort, and it is off a similar potency. That one matches the Beach Club REALLY well, and I've gone through several of them in the past.

Any of yous guys try the Banshee? I really hope that one is a good match to Flight of Passage.

I was planning on getting some of these but the shipping to the UK is so much, so I’ll have to give it a miss or save up!

So far I've tried the Polynesian and the Wilderness Resort in the diffuser. Both are pleasant enough, but very subtle - don't really smell them much sitting there, unless I wave the mist right into my face. And tried going out for a bit, leaving it on, and coming back in, and I barely even noticed anything.

Lightt on diffuser definitely NOT cycling through the colors like it's supposed to. Person I gifted other diffuser to said their is though, so I must have gotten a "bum" one. Wish there was a way to take the internal tank off to clean the fragrances out in between.

So - as of right now - very "meh" experience for me so far. I'll update soon.

I just received my package. I bought the butterbeer and orange groves in candle form. They smell wonderful, not overpowering. They both smell like they are supposed to. I'm thinking I might make shepherds pie tonight and pretend I'm in the Wizarding World.

I bought 4 shower melts. Walt's Office and Wilderness Resort both have that woody smell, but Walt's does smell like leather. Both are pretty great. I don't really care for the Haunted one, but I might change my mind when it's in the shower. It smells sort of like incense in church (I'm Catholic). The Polynesian just smells fresh to me. I can't really pinpoint a fragrance. I think that one will be great in the shower.

I bought 4 air fresheners. I'll report back as we open them.

Update: we opened the Banshee air freshener. It is very powerful. It does smell like the ocean and freshened the bathroom and the hallway.

Last edited:
Tried the Flying Over Orange Groves - pleasant enough - but - like the previous ones I tried, really did not smell it even though sitting just a few feet from it - unless I "wafted" the smoke into my face. And did not smell it at all going out for awhile, leaving the diffuser on "constant" and coming back in sometime later.

Now I just put Banshee Flight in - I like it, but has a very strange/unidentifiable fragrance profile to me - slightly sweet and smokey at the same time, but nothing that's supposed to be in there really stands out to me. The web site describes it as "Our Banshee Flight fragrance captures the scent of a fresh ocean breeze with a top note of apple, melon, orange and bergamot. The heart blends lavender and bois de rose leading to a base of woody violet and musk." I can't say I smell any of those smells, but sweet and smokey - maybe my schnozz is broke? LOL. I will say this is the FIRST one I've tried that I CAN Smell just sitting here, and I DID smell it when I went out/came back in, so that's nice. Since I've never been on either Flying Over the World, or Flight of Passage, I can't say if it nails either of those things, sorry.

I'll post more (if anybody's interested) when I try more. Anybody else try any/have any thoughts?

I can't wait to place an order for these candles!! They sound amazing! I can't decide which ones I want!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!