CM refused DAC to my sister with MS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have gotten a GAC before because of my MS. I am sorry to hear that she was turned away. I think MS is not that well understood. For me, background noise can be overwhelming and overstimulating, so that my 'brain fatigue' kicks in and I have to work a lot harder to think or talk. The heat also makes MS symptoms worse and it can be a health risk which is why we won't go in the summer again or even early fall. Waiting in the air conditioning would be a smart way to manage MS, which the DAS could provide.

I don't see either what the CM's country of Origin has to do with things,kind of rude to say really. They are not medical doctors, they are not trained in the medical field. If mobility was a issue for you maybe you should have rented a wheelchair or a ECV.

It sounds like that you needed one of those two said items for mobility. The CM was just doing her job based of what you said to her.

Also it's not a DAC it's a DAS. Disney does not just give out wheelchairs, you have to rent them. Also CM's do read these boards btw.

I don't see how the OP was in any way rude!
The Op said she appeared to be from another country and was struggling with English!!!!!
The OP was nicely saying that maybe the CM did not understand what she was asking and would have no idea what MS was either way,
How is that rude? It's an OBSERVATION.

Same thing happened to my FIL. The reason fast pass or waiting in long for periods of time doesn't work is because the heat does him in and then he will be asleep. So we will miss our time or miss our chance to ride. It succccks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter