CM missing from Wonder 03/22/11??

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FBI is indeed not in the jurisdiction, however in this case and many others, because of their manpower, skill and eqiupment (IE trained dogs), they were asked to help with at least one search of the vessel after the Wonder arrived in LA and after that public announcement.

AKK

I've been reading this thread for some time now, and it just kind of hangs in the back of my thoughts. So tragic... and so... at loose ends to not know what really happened (overboard/not, on purpose/not, etc). I mean, not that my loose ends matter on this whatsoever, but it just seems like a story unfinished. I wonder every day if there is any new information. I keep thinking, geez... if I feel the lack of closure on this, I can't imagine how her friends and family must feel! So sad. Prayers to her family. I do hope they get some kind of closure.

I keep thinking of what I would do if anything happened to one of my 2 daughters. It's just beyond imaginable.

We'll be in Palm Springs on Sunday but I will light a candle as well.

Katherine

This video mentions the candle lighting--http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12943020.

This is very sad. We were on the Wonder when Rebecca disappeared, and were so hoping for good news.

That's nice to hear. The staff worked so hard to see every child was engaged in some type of activity. Our child spent so many hours in the kids club (some nights until midnight) and he had many stories to share. Everyone in the club was very nice to him. I mostly saw the YA CMs who checked him in and out of the lab.

I feel terribly sad for the family having to go thru this. We are in the UK and so far I have only seen two news reports of Rebecca going missing, and its all very low key here(the reports were a week apart and didn't really go into any detail - there was a brief video footage of the wonder). The family are reported to be not be very happy with the way the investigation is going into her dissapearance but again no real detail in the report.

I hope the family get closure one way or the other very soon

The Tink Family is in. We have not taken the Wonder for a number of years, but Magic/Wonder; we are ALL family. We will light our candle at 7PM Central and keep it lit til at least 10PM Central, so our light will continue from eastern until western time zones are met. Let's light the way so bright our Neighbors from across the pond will se our support. :hug::hug: to her family and friends.

My prayers and thoughts go out to Rebecca and her family as well as her fellow CM's. I hope she is found well and safe.

Did Rebecca go by "Bex"? Bex was my daughter's favorite CM in the Club. We were on the Wonder in October. When I saw the missing CM's picture on the internet, I thought she looked very familiar. I checked my daughter's Friendship Rocks shirt which she had CMs sign on the back. There was a great note from Bexx, and I think I remember Bex being from England.

My heart goes out to all the CMs on the Wonder. My prayers to the family of Rebecca, Bex or not!

Did Rebecca go by "Bex"? Bex was my daughter's favorite CM in the Club. We were on the Wonder in October. When I saw the missing CM's picture on the internet, I thought she looked very familiar. I checked my daughter's Friendship Rocks shirt which she had CMs sign on the back. There was a great note from Bexx, and I think I remember Bex being from England.

My heart goes out to all the CMs on the Wonder. My prayers to the family of Rebecca, Bex or not!

Unfortunately, I think it is the same person. Here is a UK article and they refer to her as Bex
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oriam-vanishes-Disney-Wonder-near-Mexico.html

'‘Bex is a very fun-loving, outgoing, sporty person who loves her job out on the cruise ship. All her family and friends at home miss and love her so much and just want her home safe."

She was amazing with the kids! She always had a smile on her face.

My daughter had to wait to get her signature on the back of her shirt -- Bex had the most kids waiting in line of any of the CMs there, and they're all great!

The latest news update from the U.K:

Rebecca Coriam's family say they are still being left in the dark over their daughter’s disappearance

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/chester-news/featured-stories/2011/04/07/rebecca-coriam-s-family-say-they-are-still-being-left-in-the-dark-over-their-daughter-s-disappearance-59067-28476939/

rebeccacoriam-1993077.jpg

I just read the one article where her mom thinks she is still alive, and it really makes me wonder if this was just a weird accident like the NCL incident my cruise director neighbor told me about. So odd that she would make a phone call, just making normal conversation with a friend, then walk away calmly and suddenly disappear. I know it seems illogical, but people do sometimes do silly things. I think the NCL person sat up on the rail and lost her balance; you'd think a crew member would know better, but as humans we don't always adhere to common sense. Whatever happened, she and her family are still in my prayers. The not knowing and resulting lack of closure must be taking an incredible toll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter