CM missing from Wonder 03/22/11??

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a private matter because there are hundreds of crew members who have to still do their job while grieving and because the family still has no official news. Really, we have no other information other than that she is missing. Can we just leave it at that for now until we have something more?

I agree that ANY form of speculation is not appropriate and hurtful. However, I do not agree that this is a "private matter". This is on a world class cruise ship and has already been in one newspaper and several news websites. Something like this cannot stay "private". And I do not see how people offering their good thoughts, prayers and heartfelt feelings interferes in any way with the family's feelings or the investigation. We are not in anyone's way by doing this, and most of the postings here are done with very good intentions and people feel comforted to be able to offer prayers and good thoughts. Many of us do feel that all CMs on the Disney ships are family members as we have come to know them over the years.

This is indeed a very sad and scary situation, no matter what the facts turn out to be. Here's some strong prayer and positive energy being sent by me!

I guess the missing girls family didn't get the memo from the Wonder CM's that we aren't supposed to talk about this. The fact that they literally held a press conference pretty much makes yesterdays debate laughable.

One way or another I hope she is found so that the family can rejoice or have closure.

The reason it probably took its time for it to reach the press is because they would have had to inform the parents in England before a name can be released. Not sure how it works in America, but we never release the id of a person before the family has been informed.

I'm not speculating, and I'm sorry I have not read all the posts here yet, but has it been established that she ever got back on the ship, or is she missing in Cabo?

Told my family and they are praying for a good outcome to this! :grouphug:

OMG !! Picture of girl is in this article.. I interacted with her so many times during my Mar 6 - 13 cruise :( I cannot believe this..... This is so disturbing..My 6 yr old girl loved the kid activities...
I was on that same cruise, same interaction. :sad1:

I'm not speculating, and I'm sorry I have not read all the posts here yet, but has it been established that she ever got back on the ship, or is she missing in Cabo?

Ship had not reached the first port yet.

The ship was at sea when she went missing; there were no ports involved.

I guess the missing girls family didn't get the memo from the Wonder CM's that we aren't supposed to talk about this. The fact that they literally held a press conference pretty much makes yesterdays debate laughable.

One way or another I hope she is found so that the family can rejoice or have closure.

Two different things?? :confused: Disney understandably told their employees not to discuss it. Disney can't tell the girl's family not to discuss it.

No No No No.. This shouldnt have happened..

We had a British couple with 2 kids sitting in table next to us for dining rotation. This girl came over with one of the British crew and introduced themselves to the British couple on next table on one of the dinner nights.. My wife and I made remarks about how we love the British accent at that time.. I just SMSed my wife and she saw the pictured and remembers this girl...she just confirmed it back in an SMS.. so sad :(

Two different things?? :confused: Disney understandably told their employees not to discuss it. Disney can't tell the girl's family not to discuss it.

I agree - if they want to make it public, that is their choice. They are not acting as Disney employees, they are acting as PARENTS.

Rebecca Coriam :sad1::

_51848007_missingcrewe.jpg

I agree completely, but yesterday the site admins were implored by supposed CM's to close this thread based on the families desire to keep this a private matter. Obviously that is not the case and makes yesterdays drama moot.

First and foremost the whole situation is unfortunate as I can't imagine the pain this family is going through. I will say that what I've found interesting and perhaps sad from some of the posts on here is how people reacted to this. I find it very unfortunate that people were quick to point fingers and some even demanding that "we have a right to know" and going so far as to call CNN because of this "right". Let me just say that first of all people dissapear daily and we don't always hear about it. I'm just saying I don't know that we have a right to know certain information. It's more a desire to know really. We're curious by nature. Obviously the parties that NEEDED to know information was given that information but ultimately, it's not Disney's place to explain anything to us. I don't think it's appropriate to hold Disney responsible for people's actions on it's boat (unless they are an employee and their actions affects another employee or a guest). Keeping in mind, you are on a boat with thousands of people. Do you REALLY know these people next to you? Just because it's Disney you think everyone should act and be a certain way? The best they can do is try to hire responsible people (which is a numerous amount of people mind you) and hope that these employees do their best to maintain the Disney standards. With that said, people are going to slip through the cracks as you can't truly know what's in the heart and mind of those around you. If you did, we would all be safe and deaths could be preventable. It's stressful enough to worry about the safety of my own child and who I should trust him with. With that said, it's not like background checks are performed on guests of these boats. Perhaps that's something to think about. That person serving your dinner, making your drink, watching your kids or even sitting next to you at the pool; what's REALLY going on in their head and their heart? Does a smile and a bit of banter mean you know them and they should be trusted? Really? No. This then leads me to believe that I have no right to point fingers at anyone and demanding it's my place to know anything. Again, I can't imagine what this family is going through but perhaps it's more their place to point the finger than it is any of ours.

First and foremost the whole situation is unfortunate as I can't imagine the pain this family is going through. I will say that what I've found interesting and perhaps sad from some of the posts on here is how people reacted to this. I find it very unfortunate that people were quick to point fingers and some even demanding that "we have a right to know" and going so far as to call CNN because of this "right". Let me just say that first of all people dissapear daily and we don't always hear about it. I'm just saying I don't know that we have a right to know certain information. It's more a desire to know really. We're curious by nature. Obviously the parties that NEEDED to know information was given that information but ultimately, it's not Disney's place to explain anything to us. I don't think it's appropriate to hold Disney responsible for people's actions on it's boat (unless they are an employee and their actions affects another employee or a guest). Keeping in mind, you are on a boat with thousands of people. Do you REALLY know these people next to you? Just because it's Disney you think everyone should act and be a certain way? The best they can do is try to hire responsible people (which is a numerous amount of people mind you) and hope that these employees do their best to maintain the Disney standards. With that said, people are going to slip through the cracks as you can't truly know what's in the heart and mind of those around you. If you did, we would all be safe and deaths could be preventable. It's stressful enough to worry about the safety of my own child and who I should trust him with. With that said, it's not like background checks are performed on guests of these boats. Perhaps that's something to think about. That person serving your dinner, making your drink, watching your kids or even sitting next to you at the pool; what's REALLY going on in their head and their heart? Does a smile and a bit of banter mean you know them and they should be trusted? Really? No. This then leads me to believe that I have no right to point fingers at anyone and demanding it's my place to know anything. Again, I can't imagine what this family is going through but perhaps it's more their place to point the finger than it is any of ours.

It seems that some people are concerned because of possibility of foul play. They will be taking a cruise on the Wonder soon and want to make sure their families will be safe. I cannot blame them. Others are merely curious and I cannot blame them either.

then perhaps you shouldn't let your kids/teens wonder the boat alone if you are so concerned. I'm just saying that I'm as responsible as I know to be and I'll know where my kid is. Do you expect Disney to be responsible for their guests as well? Anything can happen is my point. A fellow guest could do something unimaginable. You just don't know! But, you should know Disney is going to take this serious and it's not like they aren't going to do anything and investigate this. Even I have that faith in this company. I see them as a responsible company and I don't have any question about my upcoming cruise.

The facts are not adding up???
1) If someone saw her jump off the ship then they would or should have sounded the alarm for that and ship would have stopped ASAP and a search for her would have began then at 3:00am.
then we hear...
2) The 1st notice of her missing was not showing up for work, which seems to be the logical thing to notice her missing then and to start looking for her after a time of her past even being late to work.
3) Something is a miss, if they asked to look in all cabins, and in every single place on the ship??

So whatever miss information there is,I hope the correct facts come out because as a mother if I heard that someone saw her jump over board at 3:00am and they did not tell anyone, until after they noticed that she did not check in for work hours later on Tuesday. It is not like she could jump off the ship and magical get back on the ship by herself-Hello--- Does this story not sound off bells to everyone!!!

We were on the cruise just last week and I recall her and seemed very sweet and just a shame if anything happened to her or any one on board. Prayers for her and her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter