Club level GC?

Jennygt

DIS Veteran
Thought on GC club level? I’m planning a few days on our way back from Hawaii, without a rental car I was thinking club level might be worth it for snacks , waters etc on this trip, but when I did a quick look at price for June it was 600 per night extra, that seems like a price no amount of light snacks can justify, am I missing something? Thanks

No, you are missing nothing. It is your typical Disney Club Level service. They have good offerings and great service, but it is a splurge. Only you can say if that splurge is worth it. In all likeliness, you could add up all of your food/drinks at Downtown Disney and the parks and it will be cheaper than club level. You are paying for the ease and convenience.

I will say, since it is attached to DCA it makes it very easy to pop in for a snack/drink without going out of your way. It is the only club level with that type of access. Dh and I have popped up for a beer mid afternoon to cool off and relax before hitting our next attraction and it took no time out of our day to do it.

I haven't stayed club level at GCH in some time, but I recently (Dec) stayed club level at DLH. It was a complete waste of money in terms of the lounge offerings. Everything was cheap and mostly tasteless. The last time I was there (pre-covid), it was really good. I was quite disappointed as I expected better than what I'd find at a motel breakfast.

I loved the GCH club food last I was there, but that was also pre-covid so I don't know how it is now. IMO you could get a lot better food for $600/night than staying club level. The only possible way that would be worth it is if you were a family of 5 and really wanted to spend a lot of time in the lounge.

I haven't stayed club level at GCH in some time, but I recently (Dec) stayed club level at DLH. It was a complete waste of money in terms of the lounge offerings. Everything was cheap and mostly tasteless. The last time I was there (pre-covid), it was really good. I was quite disappointed as I expected better than what I'd find at a motel breakfast.

I loved the GCH club food last I was there, but that was also pre-covid so I don't know how it is now. IMO you could get a lot better food for $600/night than staying club level. The only possible way that would be worth it is if you were a family of 5 and really wanted to spend a lot of time in the lounge.
We were there over Thanksgiving and it was good, on par with previous visits pre-covid. We had a 3 day stay and overall pleased with offerings. Midday tended to be the weakest (had a repeat slider cold sandwich) but still found plenty that we liked.

We were there over Thanksgiving and it was good, on par with previous visits pre-covid. We had a 3 day stay and overall pleased with offerings. Midday tended to be the weakest (had a repeat slider cold sandwich) but still found plenty that we liked.
Oh, thank you!!! That's great to hear! I was so disappointed in DLH club and I was afraid GCH's might have gone the same direction.

Our family of 5, including two teen-aged boys, used GCH Club level in 2019 and 2021. They were sold out on our last visit in December, 2022. I don't recall what the extra charge was but my son calculated it was cheaper than buying food in the parks. And it was so convenient. We would do it again, especially with teen-agers who eat nonstop. We liked that we could take as much as we wanted back to our room for later. Especially liked the snacks at night. And there is a nice outdoor patio where you can eat if you wish.

We recently stayed in the DLH and they had really great offerings for their CL, I'm sure GCH is probably close to the same. It is very worth it to us, even though we didn't take full advantage of the club level food (too many other yummy/favorite restaurants to eat at while at Disney haha) we found it to be worth the cost of the room just for the great service.

There were a lot more items offered than I'm listing here, sometimes different each night but I'm drawing a blank on some of it. These are served throughout the day at different times, some are exclusively breakfast/midday meal/dinner/dessert items:
  • malibu coconut shrimp
  • potstickers
  • smoked salmon on toasted bread
  • asparagus/feta cheese crumble app
  • fruit
  • deviled eggs
  • mickey waffles
  • sesame chicken skewers
  • chicken quesadillas
  • crudite tray with different vegetables
  • different types of breads, meats, and cheeses
  • chia pudding with berries for toppings (raspberry, blackberry, blueberry, strawberry)
  • yogurt with the same toppings and granola
  • homemade chips and salsa, salsa verde
  • homemade potato chips (barbecue flavored when we were there) with some type of dip
  • mimosas
  • beer, wine, etc (not a beer or big wine person, so not sure about the offerings)
  • unlimited cans of soda (diet coke, coke zero, cocacola, sprite, seagrams), tomato juice, apple juice, etc
  • small Italian and French pastries, donut holes, cookies, chips
  • prepackaged peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches, granola bars
  • M&M's, trailmix, fish crackers

We recently stayed in the DLH and they had really great offerings for their CL, I'm sure GCH is probably close to the same. It is very worth it to us, even though we didn't take full advantage of the club level food (too many other yummy/favorite restaurants to eat at while at Disney haha) we found it to be worth the cost of the room just for the great service.

There were a lot more items offered than I'm listing here, sometimes different each night but I'm drawing a blank on some of it. These are served throughout the day at different times, some are exclusively breakfast/midday meal/dinner/dessert items:
  • malibu coconut shrimp
  • potstickers
  • fruit
  • deviled eggs
  • mickey waffles
  • sesame chicken skewers
  • chicken quesadillas
  • chia pudding with berries for toppings (raspberry, blackberry, blueberry, strawberry)
  • homemade potato chips (barbecue flavored when we were there) with some type of dip
  • mimosas
  • beer, wine, etc (not a beer or big wine person, so not sure about the offerings)
  • unlimited cans of soda (diet coke, coke zero, cocacola, sprite, seagrams), tomato juice, apple juice, etc
Oh, that's great to hear! Sounds like it's back to what they used to serve. When I was there in Dec, it was not good. Thanks for making my day!

Oh, that's great to hear! Sounds like it's back to what they used to serve. When I was there in Dec, it was not good. Thanks for making my day!
I'm glad to hear! When were you there in December? This was over New Year's Eve into January 4th. They had similar back in March 2022, minus the malibu coconut shrimp and potstickers.

I wonder if it was an off time when you were there? :(

I'm glad to hear! When were you there in December? This was over New Year's Eve into January 4th. They had similar back in March 2022, minus the malibu coconut shrimp and potstickers.

I wonder if it was an off time when you were there? :(
I was only there 2 days/1 night (the other days we were at GCH, non-club). We decided to extend our stay one more night and splurged on DLH premium concierge. That was Dec 9.

All of my other club stays, the food was great. This was my first time back post-Covid and there was nothing like you mention, though we only used the lounge the 9th and 10th.

• malibu coconut shrimp
  • potstickers
  • fruit
  • deviled eggs
  • mickey waffles
  • sesame chicken skewers
  • chicken quesadillas
  • mimosas
This was our experience in Dec. We were there the 22- Jan 3. The only downfall, is the lack of a better "lunch" at the DLH E=Ticket.

This was our experience in Dec. We were there the 22- Jan 3. The only downfall, is the lack of a better "lunch" at the DLH E=Ticket.
Do you know if you have access to the Club Level on your checkout day? We are thinking of booking for our first night coming in, and then we have 3 nights on our DVC points. Wondering if we booked club level for day and night 1, would we be able to still use it the day we check out/move to our new room in same hotel.

Do you know if you have access to the Club Level on your checkout day? We are thinking of booking for our first night coming in, and then we have 3 nights on our DVC points. Wondering if we booked club level for day and night 1, would we be able to still use it the day we check out/move to our new room in same hotel.
You will certainly be able to enter the lounge until 11AM (checkout time) on your "moving" day, and no one will ask you to leave. There have been reports of access later on checkout day, but official policy is unclear.

FYI: It is not possible to add club access to the VGC part of your stay.

You will certainly be able to enter the lounge until 11AM (checkout time) on your "moving" day, and no one will ask you to leave. There have been reports of access later on checkout day, but official policy is unclear.

FYI: It is not possible to add club access to the VGC part of your stay.

Official policy is now that you can stay until 6pm on checkout day.

Official policy is now that you can stay until 6pm on checkout day.
Awesome...thank you so much! We are more just worried about being able to grab some quick breakfast before rope drop on our check-out day and check-in to our villa, so this is an added bonus if we do come back from the parks early or for a rest at some point.

We looked into this and these are the reasons we chose not to add the eticket at DLH. You may have a different opinion
1) Our 2 bedroom connecting suite is not Offred in the same tower as the lounge. Not convenient
2) Breakfast not served until 7:00 when EE is at 7;30 seems like a rush and possibly not the best way to take advantage of EE
3) we were booking specifically to view the fireworks one night from the lounge. But they could easily be cancelled.
40 would we all really go back and forth to the hotel for the snacks not in our tower? Probably not

With cost including a 19% hotel tax it came to nearly $700 a night. We decided we could order Instacart drinks and snacks for our fridge, pick up some of the yummy snacks from the various bakeries etc to take to the room and spend the money elsewhere.

Just our thoughts in the decision making process. The 7:00am breakfast time was the biggie as it seemed we would have to rush to get through security and DTD

We looked into this and these are the reasons we chose not to add the eticket at DLH. You may have a different opinion
1) Our 2 bedroom connecting suite is not Offred in the same tower as the lounge. Not convenient
2) Breakfast not served until 7:00 when EE is at 7;30 seems like a rush and possibly not the best way to take advantage of EE
3) we were booking specifically to view the fireworks one night from the lounge. But they could easily be cancelled.
40 would we all really go back and forth to the hotel for the snacks not in our tower? Probably not

With cost including a 19% hotel tax it came to nearly $700 a night. We decided we could order Instacart drinks and snacks for our fridge, pick up some of the yummy snacks from the various bakeries etc to take to the room and spend the money elsewhere.

Just our thoughts in the decision making process. The 7:00am breakfast time was the biggie as it seemed we would have to rush to get through security and DTD
How recent did you stay? When we were there in December/January it opened at 6:30am. They must have recently changed it.

How recent did you stay? When we were there in December/January it opened at 6:30am. They must have recently changed it.
Wondering this as well because I was seeing 6:30AM when I was looking and that was a big part of why we were still considering it because we could grab something quick before EE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter