Club 33 coming to all four WDW parks

• If you are a Club 33 member at DL, you get access to 1901 at DCA.
  • If you are a 1901 member...you do NOT get access to Club 33.
1901 is pretty much a consolation prize/holding queue until the day you get the opportunity to buy into Club 33. The waiting list had been closed to additions for years until they expanded C33, and it's been that exclusive since before WDW was opened.

I think the above needs clarification.

- If you are a Platinum Club 33 member at DL, you get access to 1901 at DCA. Silver and Gold level members do not.
- If you are a 1901 member...you DO get access to Club 33. Because in order to have access to 1901, you have to be a Platinum Club 33 member.

I think that second point needs explaining. To my knowledge Disney does not sell memberships to 1901 as a stand alone private lounge. 1901 is part of the Club 33 program and is not its own Club with its own membership rates. It's simply an added perk to the Platinum level of Club 33 membership as a place Platinums can duck into while in that Park.

I have never heard of anyone being offered membership or access to 1901 on it's own. Only as part of a Club 33 Platinum level membership. I suppose I could be wrong, but like I said I've never heard of such a thing as it being a "holding queue" for folks on the waitlist. And would be surprised if they did, because 1901 has always had capacity issues with just the Platinums as it is.

This isn't that expensive, if you compare it to other country clubs. There are three exclusive country clubs in my city, and they all come with a $100,000 initiation fee. Yes. $100,000. Then you have monthly dues on top of that $100,000. Plus whatever charges you incur dining, tennis lessons etc etc.

Club 33 isn't in our budget, but it's actually decent when you're comparing it to other exclusive clubs, considering you get 4 annual passes, fast passes, 5 VIP tours, etc etc.

Betcha their quality is outstanding.

Another huge perk of dining at DL Club 33 is the adult beverages. It's still the only place that serves alcohol in DL. Won't be the same at WDW....

What I think many people don't realize is it's mostly used for Corporate entertainment. I'm not sure there is enough Corporations in Central Florida who are willing to buy memberships to WDW's version of Club 33. I'm expecting prices to start at the Platinum level. I wonder whether we lose restaurant capacity for general attendees because of these changes. It was hard to find a reservation for one at DHS on Sunday for example.

What I think many people don't realize is it's mostly used for Corporate entertainment. I'm not sure there is enough Corporations in Central Florida who are willing to buy memberships to WDW's version of Club 33. I'm expecting prices to start at the Platinum level. I wonder whether we lose restaurant capacity for general attendees because of these changes. It was hard to find a reservation for one at DHS on Sunday for example.

There are a ton of major corporations between Tampa and the Space Coast that I think would used this. I mean Boeing has one for Disneyland. Lockheed, Pratt Whitney, Major Building Companies, Siemens, Tech Data, Cott, HSN, Lawyers, Etc...

There are a ton of major corporations between Tampa and the Space Coast that I think would used this. I mean Boeing has one for Disneyland. Lockheed, Pratt Whitney, Major Building Companies, Siemens, Tech Data, Cott, HSN, Lawyers, Etc...

I don't fully realize the regional economy impact of Disney sometimes. Forget the region has a significant business impact outside of the Tourist businesses. I can imagine there would also be demand from major businesses in the Northeast Corridor as well, which I forgot in the original comments.

Platinum Membership in Club 33
Platinum Membership requires a $25,000 initiation fee and annual dues of $10,000.

Platinum Membership includes:

• 4 Premier Annual Passes (valid at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World)
  • 50 Park Hopper tickets per year for friends and family
  • 5 VIP Tours per year
  • Ability to reserve meals at Club 33
  • Access to 1901 lounge in DCA
  • Access to Club 33 Member Services, which makes all reservations/arrangements: hotel, restaurant, VIP Fantasmic! viewing, VIP seating for World of Color, etc.
  • Automatic upgrade at all three Disneyland Resort hotels & access to Concierge Lounge
  • Free valet parking at Grand Californian
  • 6 Instant Fastpasses per visit
  • Annual renewal gift

That really is a pretty decent price for the annual piece of it...the 25k is tough to swallow, but feel like just the passes alone are worth over 10k...the 6 fastpasses would be awesome, auto upgrade. I'd pay 800 a month for all that!

I was watching a vlog today and they guy mentioned that Club 33 is coming to WDW and will have 4 locations? Any evidence to back this up?

I was a member of a Country Club and when you can't use your membership anymore (move etc) you get your initiation fee back, it all depends on what's in the contract. They usually put up front Initiation fees to weed people out.

Whether you get your initiation fee back or not normally depends on if you are an equity member or non-equity member. I seriously doubt that Club 33 members have any type of equity position and I wouldn't expect that they receive any type of refund should they relinquish their membership.

Platinum Membership in Club 33
Platinum Membership requires a $25,000 initiation fee and annual dues of $10,000.

Platinum Membership includes:

• 4 Premier Annual Passes (valid at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World)
  • 50 Park Hopper tickets per year for friends and family
  • 5 VIP Tours per year
  • Ability to reserve meals at Club 33
  • Access to 1901 lounge in DCA
  • Access to Club 33 Member Services, which makes all reservations/arrangements: hotel, restaurant, VIP Fantasmic! viewing, VIP seating for World of Color, etc.
  • Automatic upgrade at all three Disneyland Resort hotels & access to Concierge Lounge
  • Free valet parking at Grand Californian
  • 6 Instant Fastpasses per visit
  • Annual renewal gift

That really is a pretty decent price for the annual piece of it...the 25k is tough to swallow, but feel like just the passes alone are worth over 10k...the 6 fastpasses would be awesome, auto upgrade. I'd pay 800 a month for all that!

I'm assuming you copied & pasted this from mousesavers. Their info is actually 5+ years old.

It's difficult to sort through multiple sources and get a firm grasp on all of the benefits. There does not appear to be a single site which has an up-to-date list of all terms and conditions. That said, here is what I have been able to glean:

- The annual dues are now $12,000.
- I have not seen any mention of "50 hopper tickets" being a current benefit. One site referenced 50 guest passes which grant free admission, but the user must have a dinner reservation at Club 33. So you couldn't just flip the 50 passes on eBay unless you plan to also dine with a lot of strangers.
- Regarding the Premier passes, two of them have to be in the name of the listed member & spouse. The other two can go to any other named individual. On the surface, it sounds beneficial to get nearly $6000 worth of passes with the $12k membership. But for that to truly pay off, you need to have an annual USE for those $1500 passes. It's not really a $1.5k value if you could otherwise get by with a $300 FL resident pass or even the $800 WDW platinum plus. And if you want to sell two of the passes, good luck getting top dollar.

At the end of the day, it's $1000 per month for Disney theme park admission plus a few ancillary benefits. No meals or refreshments included. Most people could pay $3200 for four WDW Platinum passes and have a lot of money left over to cover their valet parking fees and VIP tours.

Any update on potential locations?
I have read that at Epcot it could be either the second floor of the American Adventure (where the Chase lounge used to be) or the old Sieman's lounge.
It has also been suggested that the old catwalk bar on the second floor of the Brown Derby could be the DHS location.

I have no idea where the AK and MK spots might be.

Any update on potential locations?
I have read that at Epcot it could be either the second floor of the American Adventure (where the Chase lounge used to be) or the old Sieman's lounge.
It has also been suggested that the old catwalk bar on the second floor of the Brown Derby could be the DHS location.

I have no idea where the AK and MK spots might be.
Adventureland Veranda seems to be the spot for MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter