Clothing Ideas for families....

We did themes and similar colors. I want at least one day with 100% matching shirts this time too.
My husband had a Space Mountain and At-At shirt too.
I did them all with freezer paper and fabric paint.
image_15551380543_o.jpg image_15983836840_o.jpg img_3515_16112015817_o.jpg

These are cute think I'm going to have to look up the freezer paper method and make more shirts.

Thanks! It was very easy and cheap and we got quite a few compliments and people asking where we got the shirts. Not all men like "themed shirts" so I wanted to go for the vintage screen print look.

I used freezer paper to make shirts for our last trip as well. Everyone picked a color for their shirt and a character. I cut the silhouette out of the freezer paper, ironed it on the shirt, and sprayed bleach around it. They turned out super cute and we got a lot of compliments. They also made family pictures really cute.

We did matching or coordinating shirts every day on our last Disney trip. We were there for 8 days, and we got compliments every day. All of our were either iron on vinyl or dye sublimation shirts that I spent a lot of time making. We had the Tree of Life word art shirts for AK, Keep Calm shirts with favorite characters and coordinating colors for MK, the old original WDW logo for an MK day in coordinating colors, Star Wars Jedi black Raglan for HS, Incredible Mom, Mimi, Dad, and Brother shirts for HS, Christmas Around the World for Epcot, Glitter initials with Mickey ears for the girls, and Guardians of the Galaxy for the Boys one day too. We had so much fun, and the pictures turned out great!

I just purchased t-shirts online at the Disney Store that had Mickey or Minnie on it for each one of us. My daughters t-shirts are neon pink, mine is neon orange, both with the same Minnie. My Dh's is a neon blue and Ds's is neon green and both with the same Mickey. Yep we are going to stand out Working on the next ones, not sure yet but I plan to match or at least be in theme everyday

I just want to say thanks to everyone who said freezer paper. You all now have me on a kick. I've already added the year to the shirts I made and have a few ideas for new ones.image.jpeg

My teen son was not going to wear a Mickey shirt, so for a family matching day I got Star Wars/ Winnie the Pooh mash up tees by an artist name James Hance. I believe I went through TeePublic because they had big and tall sizes.

We will be! DH is on board because he is a good sport. Star Wars - Dad in Vader t-shirt, rest in Stormtrooper t-shirts that play the Imperial March and SW caps to match. I often grab matching t-shirts for me and my girls when I see them on clearance and then coordinate something for DH - i.e. girls in Ariel t-shirts, DH in Triton t-shirt. Monsters Inc t-shirts for the kids, then Monsters University staff t-shirts, caps and lanyards for the parents. Every day is planned and co-ordinated. I don't care what other people think. I want it to be easy for us to spot one another, for the photos to be fun, however cheesy, and for the kids to see us throw dignity to the wind for the sake of some fun with them. :daisy:Three cheers for the Disney bubble!

We usually do one day where we have matching shirts. And I do zip up hoodies as well, since we usually do Disney in February.

For my son, he gets themed shirts every day of the trip. These are a few examples. He did the toy story one at DHS, the bowling shirt out to dinner one night, the hooded sweatshirt was a tsum tsum design this time (he loves Pluto), and the red shirt was how our family shirts looked. Oh, and my profile picture was our Epcot day. He wanted to wear Pluto while eating with Pluto.

.image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 9
Those are so cute! I want to try to make something like that!
They are really easy. I used heat-n-bond, just cut out the shape I wanted and ironed it on. I have bags that I did two years ago with the same technique. I usually go around it with fabric paint once the shape is ironed on.

They are really easy. I used heat-n-bond, just cut out the shape I wanted and ironed it on. I have bags that I did two years ago with the same technique. I usually go around it with fabric paint once the shape is ironed on.
No sewing?! I never heard of heat-n-bond before. Our trip isn't till November, but I feel the need to start making stuff now! :hyper:

We do too! I buy matching shirts from cheapestees.com (usually one set for each park day) and add on vinyl with my silhouette machine. It's super easy and fun! The first year I made iron-on designs but they iron ons cracked within a few washes so now we just stick with the vinyl. So every park day we all have the same matching shirts and we get a lot of compliments!

No sewing?! I never heard of heat-n-bond before. Our trip isn't till November, but I feel the need to start making stuff now! :hyper:
No sewing required! There are two basic types red and purple packaging. Red you can not sew on at all and purple you can sew if you want to. I just use the red. Our trip isn't till October and I've already got the first round of shirts done. Getting crafty is how I keep a cap on the "I want to go now" feelings. Lolimage.png

No sewing required! There are two basic types red and purple packaging. Red you can not sew on at all and purple you can sew if you want to. I just use the red. Our trip isn't till October and I've already got the first round of shirts done. Getting crafty is how I keep a cap on the "I want to go now" feelings. LolView attachment 174576
Perfect!! Thank you!

We do too! I buy matching shirts from cheapestees.com (usually one set for each park day) and add on vinyl with my silhouette machine. It's super easy and fun! The first year I made iron-on designs but they iron ons cracked within a few washes so now we just stick with the vinyl. So every park day we all have the same matching shirts and we get a lot of compliments!

I've never heard of vinyl on tshirts before. Do you have any photos? What type of vinyl do you use?
Thanks!

I get the vinyl from expressions vinyl. (http://expressionsvinyl.com/heat-transfer-vinyl.html) Here's a few from years past...

(using the sparkle and flocked vinyl)
27411611730_b71c8c4e70_b.jpg

27589451252_7a39284d34_b.jpg

27589455602_737ab542bf_b.jpg

(This one had our family name and year under it)

27077782594_8bd8ab9982_b.jpg

And here's one of the shirts I made up for our identical twins that year... This was made with the iron on printables. I love the idea, but it cracked in a few washes. It was still worth it as Chip and Dale really got a kick out of the shirts and we had a great character experience with them!
27655236206_8d5be0f091_b.jpg

I don't have any pictures of the sets from the last 2 years (I have no idea where they went!) Last year my favorite was a big mickey figure done in navy vinyl with our names underneath. He was very cute!

We all have matching family shirts for one day of our vacation, usually iron on designs that I order from Etsy. All other days we coordinate with shirts I find on clearance at the Disney store or jcpenney, or for really low prices at walmart. For our upcoming trip we have zootopia tees for our AK day, frozen dresses for the girls and Olaf for dad for epcot, the fab five for MK, and avengers for HS. We also have chip n Dale christmas tees for MVMCP although the girls will probably want to wear their princess costumes. I'm still working on getting more together since we have a 10 day trip.

I also try to coordinate our bottoms to match as well as our tops, for example everyone wears khaki shorts, denim shorts/skirts, black pants, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter