Clothing Ideas for families....

PrinceOfPeace

Mouseketeer
Does anyone do anything special (clothing-wise) when visiting the world? We are that crazy family that dresses similar to each other. It makes it easy for us to spot each other in a crowd....and it's fun! But would love ideas from other families. We are staying for 5 days...if that helps. TIA!

MY husband doesn't like wearing matching outfits, but I personally like the idea. So we compromised and we all wear t-shirts featuring a local sports team. Since we are from St. Louis, that means one day we will wear Cardinals stuff or Blues or Mizzou.

I saw a family with the cutest outfits ever.....little girls had matching dresses in a Disney pattern. The mom had a skirt made from the same material. And wore a regular/plain top with it. The dad had shorts and a custom made Mickey head shirt, where the Mickey head was made from the same material as the dresses and skirt! I thought it was adorable :)

The most we've done is pick one day of our trip to all wear our Mickey Mouse
t-shirts. One year they were all gray - but not identical. That's about as exciting as we get!

We're super annoying as well...on our trip last year our entire family of 5 Disney bounded as the emotions from Inside Out one day, DH and I did Ariel and Eric one day and Lady and the Tramp another, and one day DH and DS Disney bounded as Luke and Han and our 2 DDs and I did various "ginger" princesses (we're all redheads - we chose Ariel for DD(2), Merida for DD(9), and I did Anna). And we wore Christmas-themed Mickey shirts (not the exact same ones) for MVMCP.

We either do actual matching outfits (like grey Mickey t-shirts for everyone) or we pick a theme for outfits. Some days it's Mickey, some days it's Star Wars, etc....

Hubby is a cartoonist. He is on a kick at the moment to design a t-shirt for our departure day.
The last time we took my Mom & Uncle to WDW, he made us obnoxious lime green t-shirts with a graphic of us all busting through a wall to get to vacation.
We have also done Disneybounds as Mickey & Minnie. We will be doing Oswald and Ortensia in October.

On this topic, DW wanted to do matching color shirts for the whole family so that everyone is easy to spot. Anyone know of a good place to get shirts for a wide variety of sizes in the same color?

On this topic, DW wanted to do matching color shirts for the whole family so that everyone is easy to spot. Anyone know of a good place to get shirts for a wide variety of sizes in the same color?
I've had pretty good success doing this a Walmart. I end up having to shop in the men's, boys, women's and girls sections for my crew but I'm usually able to match the colors. They might be slightly off like a bit lighter or darker but they are pretty close to the same color.

We're doing some for our upcoming trip. One day we're all wearing Mickey head tie dyes (instructions found on Creative Dis board). Another day we're all wearing another tie dye with one of the Fab 5 painted on.
The others were all more about what we're doing on that particular day. One of my favorite sets is a Magic Kingdom ride set: DD has splash mountain, DS space mountain, DS2 Dumbo.

DS and DH also did ride shirts for another day. DS has Tower of Terror and DH Expedition Everest. Other than that it's more of what each of them chose (based on rides or characters) rather than all matchy matchy sets.

Here's my current thread on Crative Dis board with my freezer paper stencil shirts - http://www.disboards.com/threads/8-days-of-freezer-paper-stencils-shirts.3507698

Last year our boys were turning 3 and it was their first time at Disney. I made iron on shirts for each of us for the entire week. Each day we would wear the same color shirt and each person had a shirt designed just for them (I'm a software geek and artsy). This made getting dressed in the AM so easy. Our mom's had a shirt the one day which was a family trip shirt and then each day my mom would color coordinate to match us. My MIL didn't get the message or HINTs so some of the pics she stood out and the CMs would comment about her not matching. We are going back next year and I'm already thinking about new shirts as the boys have grown out of theirs. Our boys I did designs on the front and back so I could identify them if they were ahead of me

Animal Kingdom - Green shirt with safari theme
Hollywood Studios - Blue shirt and Cars Theme
Epcot - Purple shirts with Figment and country flags
Magic Kingdom - Grey Family shirt
& Red shirts with mickey heads and names

We do either matching or coordinating shirts most days.

We all have Disneyworld 2015 shirts, but they are all different colors.

We have some matching shirts (purchased from Etsy) with our family name on them.

We have a set of Simpsons shirts that we bought on a Universal trip (DH wears Homer, I wear Marge and DS wears Bart) they are bright yellow and we are REALLY easy to pick out in a crowd.

We have a set of shirts from our DD's college that we all wear (they are different colors/logos but all have the school name)

and sometimes we just all wear the same color, without being 'matchy'.

We all have different MIckey shirts that we wear.

I might be wearing a red blouse, DH might be in a red polo and DS might have a red Lego shirt of some kind. But we match.

If DD19 is with us, all bets are off, because she won't play along. Even as a child she wouldn't. LOL.

Does anyone do anything special (clothing-wise) when visiting the world? We are that crazy family that dresses similar to each other. It makes it easy for us to spot each other in a crowd....and it's fun! But would love ideas from other families. We are staying for 5 days...if that helps. TIA!

Men's department at Walmart.

Joann Fabrics or Michaels might also work.

We're super annoying as well...on our trip last year our entire family of 5 Disney bounded as the emotions from Inside Out one day, DH and I did Ariel and Eric one day and Lady and the Tramp another, and one day DH and DS Disney bounded as Luke and Han and our 2 DDs and I did various "ginger" princesses (we're all redheads - we chose Ariel for DD(2), Merida for DD(9), and I did Anna). And we wore Christmas-themed Mickey shirts (not the exact same ones) for MVMCP.
OH wow! How creative! Do you have pictures you're willing to share?

Here are some pics - we apparently didn't get one with everyone in their Christmas shirts and I'm just now realizing that.:sad1:

Hoping these pop up in the order I added them.
1. DH and DS practing their light saber skills as Han and Luke.
2. DH and I in our 50s take on Lady and the Tramp.
3. My FIL on the left is not bounding with us but is in the pic.:P DH and DS are Han and Luke in this one as well and I'm Anna (had to add the hat for the sunny FL setting:)) , oldest DD is Merida (you can't see it but she's wearing a really pretty arrow necklace that made hers make sense) and youngest DD is Ariel.
4. DH and I as Ariel and Eric.
5. All of us as the Emotions. These were also our Halloween costumes so it was nice to get to wear them again together.

Attachments

• EPCOT_WRLDSHW1_7521532884.jpg
    EPCOT_WRLDSHW1_7521532884.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_7239.jpg
    IMG_7239.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 60
  • STUDIO_HBTAILOR_7520823012.jpg
    STUDIO_HBTAILOR_7520823012.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 59
  • MK_MSCINEMA_7520503469.jpg
    MK_MSCINEMA_7520503469.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 61
You are not alone! I made red tee shirts with black mickey heads and our names on them in Waltograph for our Mk days. I made blue Seaworld tee shirts for us all for that day. On DHS day, we all wore Star Wars shirts (not completely match-y, but same theme). On AK day, we all wore Nemo shirts (we stayed at AoA too). On EP day, we boys wore Mickey shirts, and adults wore UK shirts (for world showcase).
I found blank shirts at Old Navy that pretty much matched. I hate the cheapie feeling and unisex fit of many shirts that you order online (think Hanes). It was hard to find ones without pockets for some reason!
The other graphic shirts were easy to find for the boys and DH (Target, Old Navy, etc.), and then I found a bunch of awesome ones for me at Hot Topic on sale B2 G1 free. They have a great selection there, they just run really small. I'm normally a M, but I bought XL and that was the right size.
My family made fun of me, but our pictures turned out great and I loved doing it.

This is the first year I'm making my family do this. I got some lovely Disigns and made t-shirts on vistaprint and zazzle. I've got Star Wars Mickey heads for DHS day, Avengers Mickey heads (just because my DDs are obsessed), Hogwarts house tshirts (each of us a different house) for US, Minions name-fills for another US day, Frozen Mickey heads for MK day, and then a couple of other random Mickey heads for whenever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter