Passed ROFR: 5/8/24
Closing docs received: 5/8/24
Closing docs returned: 5/9/24 (buyer)
Closing: 5/22/24
Deed recorded: 5/23/24
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total: 58 Days and counting
Bummer. Here's another situation suggesting that the 15 days between recording and contract showing that some of us got whose deeds were recorded around 5/20-5/21 may still be growing. And even that 15 felt unusually long--I had a contract showing within 7 days just a couple months ago.

I hope it shows up soon...

Bummer. Here's another situation suggesting that the 15 days between recording and contract showing that some of us got whose deeds were recorded around 5/20-5/21 may still be growing. And even that 15 felt unusually long--I had a contract showing within 7 days just a couple months ago.

I wonder what the problem is over there. Did 1 holiday put them that far behind.

I wonder what the problem is over there. Did 1 holiday put them that far behind.
Good question--and I wish we knew so we'd have a better guess of whether it's a blip or par for the course for awhile now. I've still got one more to wait out--the one I most wanted to get access to, of course. Even had crazy thoughts of using it in August--which I seem to recall you had too🤣

Good question--and I wish we knew so we'd have a better guess of whether it's a blip or par for the course for awhile now. I've still got one more to wait out--the one I most wanted to get access to, of course. Even had crazy thoughts of using it in August--which I seem to recall you had too🤣
Yep trying to book something mid August. Id even settle for OKW or SSR if I have to.

Yep! Day 21 now for my 5/21 recording!

Yep! Day 21 now for my 5/21 recording!
That's crazy--must be longer than your ROFR by now! Do you think an email to MA might move things along? Looks like that's worked for some people in the last few weeks. Minnie84 gave a helpful rundown of the method that worked for her:
I sent a message through my DVC account. I went to contact us, then member administration, then email us, and it had me fill out a message through there.
At first I sent a regular email to members@disneyvacationclub.com, but they emailed back saying I had to contact them when logged into my account.

I never posted my full timeline because I was traveling while my contract was closing and deed being recorded (VGC purchase). Per the OC Recorder website, I'm a 5/23 recording but still don't have the contract in my account just like the rest of us from that week.

Just here to commiserate with everyone else in the thread - my sellers took quite awhile to return closing docs, and this step is taking longer than any of my previous resale purchases. Luckily, I have no pressing need for my points.

Same here, MS confirmed they got my paperwork 5/23 and basically told me "we're working on it" when I inquired. This is my first contract so I don't even have an account yet either.
I’m in the same boat. Extra frustrating since I’m trying to book possible hard to book resorts right before seven months out. I have to believe they must have had a significant staff reduction recently for the wait times to jump so quickly. Or a lot more sold resale contracts.

If they want to make buying resale less attractive this is a good way to do it. If I had known it would take this long I wouldn't have boughten when I did.
I would still have done it because it really does save thousands and thousands of dollars but I would have not gotten excited about using my “bonus” points on my loaded contract within the year. Instead I would have planned to sell them and deferred upcoming trips within twelve months, to make life easier.

I would still have done it because it really does save thousands and thousands of dollars but I would have not gotten excited about using my “bonus” points on my loaded contract within the year. Instead I would have planned to sell them and deferred upcoming trips within twelve months, to make life easier.
I probably would've held out til after my trip and potentially not boughten in WDW at all. I sold it to myself as Im spending $2800 on this room in August so I can essentially take that $2800 off my contract price. This is totally my bad and I knew better. But I honestly thought it would be due to everything being sold out not because all these steps would take so much time.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest