Closing Time!

That’s really unfortunate whether an individual or the the co itself. Since we are their customer paying their closing fees, we should be able to get answers and responses. I had a horrible time with First Am last year. My direct was fine 2 years prior with them but the Resale contract was terrible... no responses to inquiries, extremely slow, then when I threatened to pull out because we almost missed closing all of a sudden things improved. I refused to use them again.

I really hope mason is better than they were. I’m using them for a BLT contract currently in for ROFR.

Another note, I just sold a contract and the seller opted for magic vacation. I had to follow up with them to get closing docs after estoppel was received. 2+ weeks went by after estoppel. Their email to me said to expect closing docs within 2 wks and when I sled they said they were waiting on estoppel from Disney. I had to tell them, no it’s already been received.

I will say Jeffrey Sweetwas great. I bought a BLt contract in June and it closed 7/21. All communication was prompt and clear. Their only downside was having to mail the deposit vs convenience of credir card deposit but I would use them again in a heartbeat
Honestly this is a lesson learned. Clearly there are certain closing agents that are better than others. We actually just called him up and he was able to tell us that we will close today/tomorrow since he received out docs and funds and the sellers docs yesterday. Maybe he's just not great with email. I don't know, but now I know that if I need to ask a question I'm just going to call until I know the deed has been recorded and sent to DVC.

Update...

Home Resort: BLT
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 6/19/21
Offer accepted: 6/20/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/25/21
Passed ROFR: 7/30/21
Closing docs received: 8/3/21
Closing docs returned: 8/9/21
Funds wired: 8/9/21
Closing: 8/10/21
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

At what point should I check on the timeline? Our title company took 18 days post ROFR to get documents to us. We signed electronically same day and set up wire transfer the next business day. It’s been 12 days since we signed and 9 since they confirmed they received the wire transfer. We have heard nothing about the seller documents or final closing date (hoping it will be moved up from 8/27).

We don’t need the points right now but I just want control of them.

At what point should I check on the timeline? Our title company took 18 days post ROFR to get documents to us. We signed electronically same day and set up wire transfer the next business day. It’s been 12 days since we signed and 9 since they confirmed they received the wire transfer. We have heard nothing about the seller documents or final closing date (hoping it will be moved up from 8/27).

We don’t need the points right now but I just want control of them.
I'd contact them now to see if they have received the seller's docs. The only reason why we sent our wire on Monday was because they had told us on Friday that the seller's docs were on their way back to them via fedex.

So I contacted Member Administration yesterday via email to ask how long it would take to get my husband's name added to my original AKV contract. The deed was sent over to them on 7/21. They replied back this morning saying that it can take between 5-6 weeks for the transfer because of their backlog. I thought it would be quicker since it's just adding a name and giving him his own ID but apparently not. We have another 2-3 weeks waiting on that one and another 5-6 weeks waiting on our new BLT.

Update...

Home Resort: BLT
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 6/19/21
Offer accepted: 6/20/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/25/21
Passed ROFR: 7/30/21
Closing docs received: 8/3/21
Closing docs returned: 8/9/21
Funds wired: 8/9/21
Closing: 8/10/21
Deed recorded: 8/11/21
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

I'd contact them now to see if they have received the seller's docs. The only reason why we sent our wire on Monday was because they had told us on Friday that the seller's docs were on their way back to them via fedex.
Seller has not returned documents. We sent the wire right away because the seller was so on the spot with countering and accepting the offer.

I had been hoping to have control of the points by 9/30 in case the seller actually hadn’t bank all of this UY points but looking doubtful we’ll have the points by then.

Seller has not returned documents. We sent the wire right away because the seller was so on the spot with countering and accepting the offer.

I had been hoping to have control of the points by 9/30 in case the seller actually hadn’t bank all of this UY points but looking doubtful we’ll have the points by then.
Ugh that stinks and technically they have until whatever your closing date is on the contract to send their stuff back.

So I contacted Member Administration yesterday via email to ask how long it would take to get my husband's name added to my original AKV contract. The deed was sent over to them on 7/21. They replied back this morning saying that it can take between 5-6 weeks for the transfer because of their backlog. I thought it would be quicker since it's just adding a name and giving him his own ID but apparently not. We have another 2-3 weeks waiting on that one and another 5-6 weeks waiting on our new BLT.
WTH, I was already going crazy waiting two weeks knowing I might have another one to wait. Now it might be four more weeks? I don’t know if I’ll make it!😖

Closed and deed recorded on 7/21. Still waiting To see the contract. They are going to take the full 3 weeks! Waiting to use the points to book a May trip. Just need to get them before 7 months hits.
Just received an email from DVC and confirmed my contract was added. Exactly 3 weeks from Closing / Deed recording. No points yet but happy to wait a little longer on that step.

Just received an email from DVC and confirmed my contract was added. Exactly 3 weeks from Closing / Deed recording. No points yet but happy to wait a little longer on that step.
Congrats!! Did you do anything to expedite it? My deed was recorded on 7/14 and I am still waiting…

Congrats!! Did you do anything to expedite it? My deed was recorded on 7/14 and I am still waiting…
i didn’t call or do anything special. After seeing other comments I expected to be waiting a few more weeks. A very happy surprise.

i didn’t call or do anything special. After seeing other comments I expected to be waiting a few more weeks. A very happy surprise.

Nice! My buyer’s contract,,,which closed the same day…is still there on my account,

I do know that 7/21 was the first day MA was accepting documents again after the shut down so I bet they have a lot for that day.

It does give me hope though that maybe I’ll get my RIV next week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter