Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 6/10/21
Offer accepted: 6/10/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/15/22
Passed ROFR: 7/01/21
Estoppel Received: 7/07/21
Closing docs received: 7/08/21
Closing docs returned: 7/08/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 7/14/21 (funds wired)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Last edited:
Home: BLT
Broker: https://www.**********.com/
Title Company: https://www.trcsinc.com/
Offer made: 6/18/21
Offer accepted: 6/19/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/19/21
Passed ROFR: 7/12/21
Estoppel Received:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

It is. The only good news is that if it falls through, I go direct and simply lose out on the savings I got buying resale. But, I want the points for January and February trips, so I don't have time to wait out another resale situation.

Personally, I think when the title agent lets the seller know we will be walking in 14 days (before the official closing date), it will motivate him to sign and return. Again, I didn't mind waiting a few weeks, but we are giving him basically 6 weeks....plenty of time.

Worst case, the extra incentives I get for buying RIV direct before 8/4 will help with the loss! Fingers crossed she tells me Monday he sent in the papers! I will not wire until she provides me with the copies!!!

Just an update. It did the trick. Papers were put into Fed Ex today!

I've been waiting since May 6th. I.e. the new contract has been on the DVC website since then. Trying to be patient. We won't really have need for the new contract points for a few months, so I'm happy to be a test case for what patience gets you. 😱
Finally gave up and called Member Services after almost 10 weeks. Got the points loaded in a 54 minute phone call, most of that hold time. They were nice; I was nice; but dang. 😳 Hopefully the new system they're loading this weekend will allow more things to be handled automatically. E.g. if a contract is attached to your account why wouldn't the points automatically be added?

Finally gave up and called Member Services after almost 10 weeks. Got the points loaded in a 54 minute phone call, most of that hold time. They were nice; I was nice; but dang. 😳 Hopefully the new system they're loading this weekend will allow more things to be handled automatically. E.g. if a contract is attached to your account why wouldn't the points automatically be added?

Because Member Admin adds the contract. Another department adds the points.......

Member admin may add the contract and another department may add the points, but why is a member having to coordinate that hand off (after 10 weeks in above posters case)? Sounds like a broken process to me. I just can't tell if it's broken on purpose (give resale more hurdles) or they're just unaware. Maybe both?

Member admin may add the contract and another department may add the points, but why is a member having to coordinate that hand off (after 10 weeks in above posters case)? Sounds like a broken process to me. I just can't tell if it's broken on purpose (give resale more hurdles) or they're just unaware. Maybe both?

10 weeks is a long time and not typical. In this case, I think that it somehow got missed. Too many others here got them loaded (without the call) in a much shorter time.

If you look historically on this thread points usually load within a few days. I have over 15 resale contracts and can confirm this is the case.

I think this time it was an exception.

If you look historically on this thread points usually load within a few days. I have over 15 resale contracts and can confirm this is the case.

I think this time it was an exception.
That's reassuring. I'm going through my first resale and in that period after close- waiting for the contract to show. Seems like a lot of posters here have to write/call to get their accounts set-up/points loaded which entirely may be a fraction of all resale contract situations.

Totally off topic- hope travel restrictions relax very soon so you can start enjoying your DVC investments...

That's reassuring. I'm going through my first resale and in that period after close- waiting for the contract to show. Seems like a lot of posters here have to write/call to get their accounts set-up/points loaded which entirely may be a fraction of all resale contract situations.

Totally off topic- hope travel restrictions relax very soon so you can start enjoying your DVC investments...

I think a lot of people here call to get them loaded so they don't have to wait. To a certain extent, when they get a CM to do it, it does allow them to "cut" the line which can delay those that don't call. Not passing judgement...I did it last year after a week of waiting for points to load.

Right now, it sounds like that all MA is doing is trying to get caught up on contracts they had by July 8th and that are not accepting any new ones until after the shut down, July 21st. I am hoping that means that they will be caught up somewhat and that the process will be improved starting the end of July!

Right now, it sounds like that all MA is doing is trying to get caught up on contracts they had by July 8th and that are not accepting any new ones until after the shut down, July 21st. I am hoping that means that they will be caught up somewhat and that the process will be improved starting the end of July!

My deed was recorded July 7th. So that should mean I am in before the shutdown?

My deed was recorded July 7th. So that should mean I am in before the shutdown?

It depends when Disney received them. From what I have read, Disney stopped accepting things that day. I am not sure when a title company sends things to them. The day of closing, or not until the deed records.

I'd reach out to the title company and ask when the papers went! But, I'd say you are pretty close and hopefully, it did get there in time! My delay from the seller now will put me end of the month. The only plus is I was able to secure my nights in January and February at RIV using my SSR points so when my resale points load, I just need to reallocate!!!

Update 1 of 2

Home: BCV
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 6/6/21
Offer accepted: 6/6/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/10/21
Passed ROFR: 6/30/21
Estoppel Received: 7/09/21
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

This is one of two contracts my dad is purchasing - I am doing all the legwork for him.

We are now waiting for the closing docs - told we should have those on or before 7/23/21

Update 2 of 2

Home: BCV
Broker: www.****************.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 6/18/21
Offer accepted: 6/18/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/21/21
Passed ROFR: 7/12/21
Estoppel Received:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

This is the second of two contracts my dad is purchasing - I am doing all the legwork for him.

I'd reach out to the title company and ask when the papers went! But, I'd say you are pretty close and hopefully, it did get there in time! My delay from the seller now will put me end of the month. The only plus is I was able to secure my nights in January and February at RIV using my SSR points so when my resale points load, I just need to reallocate!!!

Emailed - I will let you know what they say.......

Update:

Home Resort: OKW
Offer made: 06/02/2021
Offer accepted: 06/02/2021
Sent to ROFR: 06/04/2021
Passed ROFR: 06/29/2021
Estoppel received 07/08/2021
Closing docs received: 7/13/2021
Closing docs returned: 7/14/2021
Seller’s closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Home: VGF
Broker: dvcresalemarket
Offer made: 5/10/21
Offer accepted: 5/10/21
Sent to ROFR: 5/14/21
Passed ROFR: 6/4/21
Estoppel Received: ?
Closing docs received: 6/24/21
Closing docs returned: 6/24/21
Sellers closing docs returned: ?
Closing: 7/1/21
Deed recorded: 7/6/21
Membership created & contract showing: 7/13/21
Points in account:

I'll likely see the points today or tomorrow. Either way, this was a quick one, just 64 days from offer to contract showing. Helped by only a 7 day wait for Disney to get it uploaded after the deed was recorded. I'm wondering if they rushed some of these through to have them done before the shutdown.

Home: AKV
Offer made: 4/10/21
Offer accepted: 4/10/21
Sent to ROFR: 4/17/21
Passed ROFR: 5/10/21
Estoppel Received: ??
Closing docs received: 5/22/2021
Closing docs returned: 6/3/2021
Funds wired: 6/3/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 6/14/2021
Closing: 7/2/2021
Deed recorded: 7/6/2021
Membership created & contract showing: 7/13/2021
Points in account: 7/14/2021

Total Time from Offer to Points in Account: 95 days

Finally got there.

Have to say Member services have been amazing. I messed up last night setting up my Club ID's. 35 mins waiting to get through but the cast member Rosie was awesome and got it fixed for me.

Today, thought I would see my luck by asking on chat about the points. Awesome guy called Damien went away and 30 minutes later, came back and said the points were loaded. I'm thrilled.

I will say that looking at the points in my account, they are correct to how many the contract said, but I have no idea how they got to the number they did. Main thing is that 2020 points were banked so have until August 31st 2022 to use them

Home: AKV
Offer made: 4/10/21
Offer accepted: 4/10/21
Sent to ROFR: 4/17/21
Passed ROFR: 5/10/21
Estoppel Received: ??
Closing docs received: 5/22/2021
Closing docs returned: 6/3/2021
Funds wired: 6/3/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 6/14/2021
Closing: 7/2/2021
Deed recorded: 7/6/2021
Membership created & contract showing: 7/13/2021
Points in account: 7/14/2021

Total Time from Offer to Points in Account: 95 days

Finally got there.

Have to say Member services have been amazing. I messed up last night setting up my Club ID's. 35 mins waiting to get through but the cast member Rosie was awesome and got it fixed for me.

Today, thought I would see my luck by asking on chat about the points. Awesome guy called Damien went away and 30 minutes later, came back and said the points were loaded. I'm thrilled.

I will say that looking at the points in my account, they are correct to how many the contract said, but I have no idea how they got to the number they did. Main thing is that 2020 points were banked so have until August 31st 2022 to use them
Congrats! Damien helped me a few weeks back with points too. He's the man with the magic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts