Closing Time!!

I called yesterday to try to get my points loaded. Contract showed in my account on 5/17. I was told they didn’t have all the paperwork yet??? Emailed my broker and they confirmed Disney has every thing they need. I asked for a supervisor to call me back, but who knows when that will be.

Advice please? Should I call back? The CM I spoke to yesterday was super unhelpful and told me the points should be in my account in another week. I think she truly has no clue what she’s talking about.

I would try and call back and speak with someone else. They should certainly be able to load your points in.

I called yesterday to try to get my points loaded. Contract showed in my account on 5/17. I was told they didn’t have all the paperwork yet??? Emailed my broker and they confirmed Disney has every thing they need. I asked for a supervisor to call me back, but who knows when that will be.

Advice please? Should I call back? The CM I spoke to yesterday was super unhelpful and told me the points should be in my account in another week. I think she truly has no clue what she’s talking about.
It's super frustrating, right? My contract has been showing in my account since Sunday, 05/16. I just got off the phone with a CM (of course, after waiting for an hour). She was wonderfully sweet, but basically said Member Services was still processing the points and to check back next week (after putting me on hold for another 10 min. to check). Just crazy. Especially since this contract was for the same resort and same use year as my other contract. I wish I had a suggestion, but I don't. It's a crap shoot.

Home: CCV@WL
Broker: www.dvcsales.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 4/19/2021
Offer accepted: 4/19/2021
Sent to ROFR: 4/19/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/14/2021
Estoppel Received:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Funds wired:
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Last edited by a moderator:

It's super frustrating, right? My contract has been showing in my account since Sunday, 05/16. I just got off the phone with a CM (of course, after waiting for an hour). She was wonderfully sweet, but basically said Member Services was still processing the points and to check back next week (after putting me on hold for another 10 min. to check). Just crazy. Especially since this contract was for the same resort and same use year as my other contract. I wish I had a suggestion, but I don't. It's a crap shoot.

I’m so sorry you are dealing with this too! And you have been waiting a day longer than me. I don’t understand why some are able to call and have their points loaded and we are not. I bought a loaded contract with fully banked points so I am nervous there is an issue with the points being there. Hopefully we both get our points in the next couple of days.

Final Update! No call necessary.

Home Resort: Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
Broker: www.dvcsales.com
Title: Mason Title
Offer Made: 3/24/21
Offer Accepted: 3/24/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/24/21 (Deposit sent)
Passed ROFR: 4/20/21
Received contract: 4/29/21
Returned contract: 4/30/21
Funds wired: 4/30/21 & 5/3/21
Closing: 5/5/21
Deed recorded: 5/5/21
Activation codes received: 5/19/21
Member Club ID received: 5/20/21
Membership created & contract showing:
Points in account: 5/21/21

Total Time from Offer to Points in Account: 58 Days

Final update!!

Home: SSR
Broker: www.fidelityresales.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 3/4/21
Offer accepted: 3/4/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/8/21
Passed ROFR: 3/29/21
Estoppel Received: 4/28/21
Closing docs received: 4/28/21
Closing docs returned: 4/28/21 (wire sent 4/30)
Sellers closing docs returned: 4/30/21
Closing: 5/4/21
Deed recorded: 5/4/21
Contract Showing on Membership (new member) : 5/20/21 (activation code 5/19, emailed 5/20 for club ID and received prompt response)
Points in account: 5/21/21

79 days total.
The longest wait was for estoppel and I did contact broker/title agency and it actually took that long before they receive it from Disney.

I’m so sorry you are dealing with this too! And you have been waiting a day longer than me. I don’t understand why some are able to call and have their points loaded and we are not. I bought a loaded contract with fully banked points so I am nervous there is an issue with the points being there. Hopefully we both get our points in the next couple of days.
I've been waiting since May 6th. I.e. the new contract has been on the DVC website since then. Trying to be patient. We won't really have need for the new contract points for a few months, so I'm happy to be a test case for what patience gets you. 😱

I've been waiting since May 6th. I.e. the new contract has been on the DVC website since then. Trying to be patient. We won't really have need for the new contract points for a few months, so I'm happy to be a test case for what patience gets you. 😱

May 6th?? Have you called? What did they say?

Haven't called. Do I need to?
I would for sure. Just for my own piece of mind to make sure there isn’t some kind of issue!

I called again this morning right at 9am and got right through! The CM was amazing. She was not able to get my points loaded but explained to me that member admin had added my contract but had not sent over the paperwork to member services yet for them to load the points. I had already emailed member admin a couple days ago so she said that was good I had “already started that process” with contacting member admin. She also said she thinks there has been a large influx of resale purchases and this may be why it’s taking longer but she said she was in no way making excuses for them.

I just appreciated some honesty. Just tell me what’s going on and it is much easier to be patient.

When you say that your contracts showing in your account, where are you seeing it? Ours closed 5/20 and nothing is showing yet. We are current direct owners and this would be adding on in the same use year. I keep looking, but nothing new is showing. Thanks!!!

When you say that your contracts showing in your account, where are you seeing it? Ours closed 5/20 and nothing is showing yet. We are current direct owners and this would be adding on in the same use year. I keep looking, but nothing new is showing. Thanks!!!
When you go to your dashboard and it shows you your existing contract, your new resort picture will be added. For example, mine was BWV and I added SSR. One day I logged in and instead of seeing a BWV image it was SSR. You can also click on “manage my points“ and it shows a list of each contract and points. It will show the contract there under your main (direct) points

If you only just closed 5/20 you can look for your deed recording. It looks like it’s taking about 18ish days for add on contracts to show up in account after closing and deed recorded. I closed 4/30 and it showed up in my account 5/19 and points added 5/21. Also I got an email from Disney welcoming me to DVC and also an autopay email (but already a member).

Home: PVB
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 3/9/21
Offer accepted: 3/9/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/11/21
Passed ROFR: 4/1/21
Estoppel Received: ?
Closing docs received: 4/27/21 afternoon
Closing docs returned:4/29/21 morning
Sellers closing docs returned: ?
Closing: 5/4/21
Deed recorded: 5/7/21
Contract Showing on Membership: 5/22/21
Points in account:

Contract is showing on my account now...just a matter of time.
I did call to see if they could load the points but they didn't offer on the call, just said had to wait it out.
I'd attempt to call back but I can't do another 40 minute loop of Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin music tonight... 😃
We're at 74 days now...not too bad IMO.

Final update!!! :cheer2:

Home: SSR
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 3/4/21
Offer accepted: 3/4/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/7/21
Passed ROFR: 4/1/21
Estoppel Received: 4/16/21
Closing docs received: 4/23/21
Closing docs returned: 4/23/21 (wire transfer sent 4/26)
Closing: 4/28/21
Deed recorded: 4/30/21
Membership created & contract showing: 5/17/21
Points in account: 5/22/21
Total Time from Offer to Points in Account: 79 days

Points loaded at 5pm on a Saturday!

For those tracking the time for Disney to upload contracts, my CCV contract that was recorded on 5/7 showed up in my account today.

Home: VGF
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 3/21/2021
Offer accepted: 3/22/2021
Sent to ROFR: 3/23/2021
Passed ROFR: 4/15/2021
Estoppel Received:
Closing docs received: 5/1/2021
Closing docs returned: 5/14/2021
Closing: 5/21/2021
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter