Closing Time!!

Mine is almost identical to yours. I made offer two days later & they already received my wire. Different broker and Mason. Yay!
Just an update - got closing docs already! Super surprised, as I thought that would take a while.

Home: BCV
Broker: www.dvcmagicresales.com
Title Company: First Reliable Transfers
Offer made: 4/4/21
Offer accepted: 4/5/21
Sent to ROFR: 4/8/21
Passed ROFR: 5/12/21
Estoppel Received: ?
Closing docs received: 5/17/21
Closing docs returned: 5/17/21
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Last edited:
Quick question for y’all. I know I have a copy of my membership card online but will Disney send an actual card? My husband is really wanting a physical card

Quick question for y’all. I know I have a copy of my membership card online but will Disney send an actual card? My husband is really wanting a physical card

You won’t if you have the white card. Just the blue card can be a physical card. You don’t really need a card anyway. I’ve only use it to get dining/shopping discounts and to get into Epcot Lounge.

Whoa!!! That’s super fast. I got my ROFR notice on 5/10 and When I called the title company, they said it was going to be 2 weeks for estoppel. This gives me hope!
My other one (about to post that one) did take 2 weeks, which is why I was completely surprised. That and what I'd heard everyone else say. That said, I think someone else got one back really quick recently too! Good luck!

One more update! My contracts are now almost neck & neck for which one will get completed first. 😀 ( I received and sent the closing docs for my BCV yesterday.)

Home: CCV
Broker: www.dvcstore.com
Title Company: Mason Title & Escrow
Offer made: 4/4/21
Offer accepted: 4/5/21
Sent to ROFR: 4/7/21
Passed ROFR: 5/3/21
Closing docs received: 5/18/21
Closing docs returned: 5/18/21
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Home: Boardwalk Villas
Broker: **********
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 3/16/21
Offer accepted: 3/16/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/17/21
ADDENDUM: 4/1/21
Passed ROFR: 4/30/21
Estoppel Received: 4/28/21
Closing docs received: 5/02/21
Closing docs returned: 4/6/21
Sellers closin1g docs returned:?
Closing: 5/17/21
Deed recorded: ...
Contract Showing on Membership: ...
Points in account: ...

Almost home!

Passed ROFR on 5/8. Emailed DVCRM today, and found out my Estoppel was sent “late last week”. I’ll probably have closing documents early next week because the title company (Magic) is “behind”...wishing I just went direct seeing availability slipping away for the summer. I’d pay the $79 premium to have my closing docs earlier at this point.

Passed ROFR on 5/8. Emailed DVCRM today, and found out my Estoppel was sent “late last week”. I’ll probably have closing documents early next week because the title company (Magic) is “behind”...wishing I just went direct seeing availability slipping away for the summer. I’d pay the $79 premium to have my closing docs earlier at this point.

Lets say you paid for the concierge fee, very little would have changed. You probably would have been notified that the estoppel was received last week and that the title company was working on the closing documents. This fee does not speed up the title company efforts or reprioritize your contract. All it does is communicate out where in the process you are. Its unfortunate that its taking longer than it should, but dont think that paying the concierge fee would have improved this situation. If anything, it would make me more irritated since the title company is going even more slowly than I thought.

Last edited:
Lets say you paid for the concierge fee, very little would have changed. You probably would have been notified that the estoppel was received last week and that the title company was working on the closing documents. This fee does not speed up the title company efforts or reprioritize your contract. All it does is communicate out where in the process you are. Its unfortunate that its taking longer than it should, but dont think that paying the concierge fee would have improved this situation. If anything, it would make me more iterated since the title company is going even more slowly than I thought.
Good way of thinking of it. There’s not much I can do right now. Still very excited about my first contract, just ready for it to be officially mine!

Update

Home: CCV@WL
Broker: www.****************.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 3/17/2021
Offer accepted: 3/24/2021
Sent to ROFR: 3/27/2021
Passed ROFR: 4/22/2021
Estoppel Received:
Closing docs received: 5/3/2021
Closing docs returned: 5/7/2021
Funds wired: 5/11/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 5/10/2021
Closing: 5/18/2021
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Total Time from Offer to Points in Account:

Home: Saratoga Springs
Title Company: Mason Title & Escrow
Offer made: 4/9/21
Offer accepted: 4/9/21
Sent to ROFR: 4/10/21
Passed ROFR: 5/6/21
Closing docs received: 5/18/21
Closing docs returned: 5/18/21 - sent via FedEx 2 day
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

another update...so close but the points have not been added yet

For those of you who called DVC, what department did you speak with to get points added?

Home: SSR
Broker: DVC Sales
Title Company: Mason Title & Escrow Company
Offer made: 2/28/21
Offer accepted: 3/1/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/3/21
Passed ROFR: 3/18/21
Estoppel Received: 3/29/21 ???
Closing docs received: 3/30/21
Closing docs returned: 4/2/21 & 4/5/21(Docs has to be re-notrized)
Sellers closing docs returned: 5/4/21 (International seller and one of the sellers passed away during this time)
Closing: 5/5/21
Deed recorded: 5/6/21
Contract Showing on Membership: 5/18/21
Points in account:

Total Time from Offer to Points in Account: 79 (Still in Progress)

Last edited:
another update...so close but the points have not been added yet

For those of you who called DVC, what department did you speak with to get points added?

Broker: DVC Sales
Title Company: Mason Title & Escrow Company
Offer made: 2/28/21
Offer accepted: 3/1/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/3/21
Passed ROFR: 3/18/21
Estoppel Received: 3/29/21 ???
Closing docs received: 3/30/21
Closing docs returned: 4/2/21 & 4/5/21(Docs has to be re-notrized)
Sellers closing docs returned: 5/4/21 (International seller and one of the sellers passed away during this time)
Closing: 5/5/21
Deed recorded: 5/6/21
Contract Showing on Membership: 5/18/21
Points in account:

Total Time from Offer to Points in Account: 79 (Still in Progress)
Call the MS # press 1 then press 1 :)

Final update!

Broker: www.*********.com
Title Company: Jeffery Sweet
Offer made: 3/22/21
Offer accepted: 3/22/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/23/21
Passed ROFR: 4/13/21
Closing docs received: 4/16/21
Closing docs returned: 4/17/21
Sellers closing docs returned:?
Closing: 4/27/21
Deed recorded: 4/28/21
Contract Showing on Membership: 5/17/21
Points in account: 5/19/21

another question - Do we still have to call MS if we need to borrow points from next year on a resale? Not sure if the system glitch has been corrected.

Just got the one-time activation code email...how long before the club id email normally?

Happy to see a lot of people getting their closing docs quickly from Mason Title but we cleared ROFR on 5/7 and they still have not received the estoppel to move forward 😭

another question - Do we still have to call MS if we need to borrow points from next year on a resale? Not sure if the system glitch has been corrected.

It seems to be hit or miss. I didn't have issues doing it recently online but other have reported getting the 7 Dwarves Error and needing to call in.

Home: BWV
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 3/15/21
Offer accepted: 3/15/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/17/21
Passed ROFR: 4/5/21
Estoppel Received:
Closing docs received: 4/19/21
Closing docs returned: 4/20/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 4/27/21
Closing: 4/30/21
Deed recorded: 4/30/21
Membership created & contract showing: 5/19/21
Points in account:

Total Time from Offer to Points in Account:

Finally!! This will be my last update for this contract since I know the points will load is 1-2 days. So total time 65-66 days. Which was about how long my first resale took from start to finish last October. So happy everything went pretty smoothly again!☺

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter