Closing Time!!

Home: Copper Creek (CCV)
Broker: www.fidelityresales.com
Title Company: First American Title Insurance Company (FATC)
Offer made: 7/18/2020
Offer accepted: 7/20/2020
Sent to ROFR: 7/24/2020
Passed ROFR: 9/3/2020 (41 days)
Closing docs received: 9/10/2020
Closing docs returned: 9/11/2020
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

This is an international seller and them taking this long to return the closing docs are driving me insane. This is a December UY and there are 60 points from 2019 on the contract. There is a real chance I could use these points for a last minute trip the way things are looking, but not unless the seller returns the documents.

Hurry up and get YOUR money!

Newbie here- is it normal for your title agent to be unreachable? I have a question about our contract and I've tried calling, I've tried email...it seems like it's a one-way communication. Our company is First American, if that helps.
Thank you!

Newbie here- is it normal for your title agent to be unreachable? I have a question about our contract and I've tried calling, I've tried email...it seems like it's a one-way communication. Our company is First American, if that helps.
Thank you!
No, absolutely not. I’ve only worked with Mason Title (and had the same rep all 3 times), but they’ve always provided excellent 2-way communication (including this time- amidst the pandemic).

I would be polite and respectful, but I wouldn’t stop until they respond! Good luck!!

Home: Animal Kingdom Villas
Broker: www.*************.com
Title Company: www.trcsinc.com
Offer made: 08/13/2020
Offer accepted: 08/13/2020
Sent to ROFR: 08/14/2020
Passed ROFR: 09/17/2020
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

TIME TOTAL: 35 days and counting... (not bad!)
Offer Sent to ROFR: 1 day
Sent to passing ROFR: 34 days
ROFR passing to Closing: 1 day and counting...
Closing to Points in Account:

Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

This is an international seller and them taking this long to return the closing docs are driving me insane. This is a December UY and there are 60 points from 2019 on the contract. There is a real chance I could use these points for a last minute trip the way things are looking, but not unless the seller returns the documents.

I hope they come through for you soon!! I've been waiting on my International Seller to return the docs since 8-31-20...
:scratchin

I hope they come through for you soon!! I've been waiting on my International Seller to return the docs since 8-31-20...
:scratchin

Wow... that's insane! I guess that's why Disney supposedly avoids international sellers.

What makes you from not just backing out at this point?

Wow... that's insane! I guess that's why Disney supposedly avoids international sellers.

What makes you from not just backing out at this point?
$156 pp for 50 points at VGF, Feb UY:) First DVC contract and we LOVE GF. We're not going till '22 and are going to bank '21 points anyway... We can wait. But I am excited to check out the DVC website and stalk the RAT. Lol. Finally a member! (Well, soon, I hope.)

$156 pp for 50 points at VGF, Feb UY:) First DVC contract and we LOVE GF. We're not going till '22 and are going to bank '21 points anyway... We can wait. But I am excited to check out the DVC website and stalk the RAT. Lol. Finally a member! (Well, soon, I hope.)

Ah, great deal! Totally understand now. Hope they get back to you soon!

Hallelujah! Points showed up. Nothing to do with those 7 banked 2018 points before November 30, but...booked my first trip, a split stay between Boulder Ridge and Animal Kingdom. Going to stalk a 3 day reservation at Boardwalk to replace the AKL if I can.

Home: AKL
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 6/30/2020
Offer accepted: 7/1/2020
Sent to ROFR: 7/2/2020
Passed ROFR: 8/4/2020
Closing docs received: 8/12/20
Closing docs returned: 8/12/20
Seller returned closing docs: 8/17/20
Closing: 8/18/20
Deed recorded: 8/19/20
Contract Showing on Membership: 9/15/2020 (77 days from offer)
Points in account: 9/18/2020

80 days all told. Worth saving $6000 even though I couldn't book a week at BWV.

Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

I feel your pain! I received closing docs for my CCV resale contract on 9/4 -- TWO WEEKS AGO NOW -- and the seller has still not returned everything so we can close. Arrrrrgh! Don't you want your money??

Home: AKL
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 7/30/2020
Offer accepted: 7/31/2020
Sent to ROFR: 8/4/2020
Passed ROFR: 9/10/2020
Closing docs received: 9/16/2020
Closing docs returned: 9/18/2020
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

On my last (& only so far) resale , once the contract showed up on my membership...

Did the resale show up on the DVC site without you needing to do anything? I keep going on there and my resale isn’t there just my direct contract.
I saw yesterday that people with same resort and closing date have theirs up and I’m pretty excited to at least see mine.

Home: BWV
Broker: www,*************.com
Title Company: TRCS
Offer made: 07/07/2020
Offer accepted: 07/07/2020
Sent to ROFR: 07/08/2020
Passed ROFR: 08/12/2020
Closing docs received: 09/09/2020
Closing docs returned: 09/10/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 09/16/2020
Closing: 09/18/2020
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Did the resale show up on the DVC site without you needing to do anything? I keep going on there and my resale isn’t there just my direct contract.
I saw yesterday that people with same resort and closing date have theirs up and I’m pretty excited to at least see mine.

You will get an email around the same time it’s added. Mine showed up around 10:00 pm and the email was there within minutes.

Thank you!

We closed with First American. My husband sent them an email with a question, and they never responded. We were on vacation, so I didn't think anything of it. While returning home, our broker called and asked why we hadn't returned the docs. I explained we were on vacation (still less than 2 weeks since receiving) and had told the title company and that we had a question that they never answered. The broker contacted them. The title company immediately called me. They had missed the email, probably because it was from an address they didn't recognize, not mine. When I called a couple of days later to ask about the FIRPTA doc, they answered and immediately provided info via email. So, I think it's hit or miss with them. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter