Closing Time!!

Extremely frustrated and disappointed to post that after nearly 3 weeks of the seller sitting on the closing documents with no communication to the broker or title company, that the seller has changed their mind and has decided NOT to sell afterall. UGH!!!

I wonder if it was the change in the market and now they can get more. I was so worried about ROFR taking the contract that I never in a million years thought the seller would just walk away. I sure hope that Fidelity & Mason are charging the seller an arm & leg in fees. According to the broker, I should get all of my monies back. Waiting for title company to confirm how & when that will happen.

I stupidly wired the money for the closing when I signed my documents. IF I end up trying again, I definitely will hold closing funds until sellers return their documentation.

Home: CCV
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 2/17/21
Offer accepted: 2/18/21
Sent to ROFR: 2/22/21
Passed ROFR: 3/15/21
Estoppel Received: ?
Closing docs received: 3/25/21
Closing docs returned: 3/29/21
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Membership created & contract showing:
Points in account:
Total Time from Offer to Points in Account:
Wow! Sorry to hear this. I know the market has bumped up a little, but I can't imagine that it's bumped up so much more that it makes sense for them to take on the commission they'll be charged. Probably just an emotional decision combined with the feeling of things beginning to creep back to normalcy. I hope you find an even better deal.

Don’t forget they need to notarize their docs so depending on the covid protocols in their area it might take some time. But just read how some other sellers walked away from the sale after ROFR so now anxiously waiting for my closing docs as well. I thought ROFR was the biggest battle! 😖
Luckily, I closed yesterday! I guess whining helped it go quicker, LOL!

Wow! Sorry to hear this. I know the market has bumped up a little, but I can't imagine that it's bumped up so much more that it makes sense for them to take on the commission they'll be charged. Probably just an emotional decision combined with the feeling of things beginning to creep back to normalcy. I hope you find an even better deal.
That’s ridiculous, they should have to pay some sort of fee for pulling out to you as well. I’m sorry that happened, people suck!

Extremely frustrated and disappointed to post that after nearly 3 weeks of the seller sitting on the closing documents with no communication to the broker or title company, that the seller has changed their mind and has decided NOT to sell afterall. UGH!!!

I wonder if it was the change in the market and now they can get more. I was so worried about ROFR taking the contract that I never in a million years thought the seller would just walk away. I sure hope that Fidelity & Mason are charging the seller an arm & leg in fees. According to the broker, I should get all of my monies back. Waiting for title company to confirm how & when that will happen.

I stupidly wired the money for the closing when I signed my documents. IF I end up trying again, I definitely will hold closing funds until sellers return their documentation.

Home: CCV
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 2/17/21
Offer accepted: 2/18/21
Sent to ROFR: 2/22/21
Passed ROFR: 3/15/21
Closing docs received: 3/25/21
Closing docs returned: 3/29/21
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:
Sorry my post was meant to be responding to this post.

That’s ridiculous, they should have to pay some sort of fee for pulling out to you as well. I’m sorry that happened, people suck!

Oh my goodness! This is awful. I'm so sorry that this happened to you!

I passed ROFR on 3/16 and estoppel was on 3/24. I am using DVC Store and Mason Title. Both broker and title company said closing documents will come "this week."
The closing date on the contract is 5/3.
Does anybody know why closing documents have still not been sent/taken so long?
I am dealing with the same companies and they sent closing documents to the seller on 4/1 but never sent mint to me. I sent an inquiry for an update yesterday and they said my documents were in the que but not sent to me. You may want to reach out to them

I am dealing with the same companies and they sent closing documents to the seller on 4/1 but never sent mint to me. I sent an inquiry for an update yesterday and they said my documents were in the que but not sent to me. You may want to reach out to them
I called broker and title company yesterday. (4 weeks waiting since passed ROFR on closing documents, 3 weeks since estoppel)
Broker said "this is on track". Within an hour, broker called back and said closing documents will be to me by Friday...
Sounds like someone forgot to send something...

Last edited:
I called broker and title company yesterday. (4 weeks waiting since passed ROFR on closing documents)
Broker said "this is on track". Within an hour, broker called back and said closing documents will be to me by Friday...
Sounds like someone forgot to send something...
Ummm, yes. It was a week after that I received my documents, a week later that I closed. Someone dropped the ball.

Ummm, yes. It was a week after that I received my documents, a week later that I closed. Someone dropped the ball.
I am not happy with the broker and title company about this situation after hearing other people on this forum getting their closing documents a week or two after passing ROFR/estoppel using the same companies.

Last edited:
I am not happy with the broker and title company about this situation after hearing other people on this forum getting their closing documents a week after passing ROFR using the same companies. (Mason and DVC Store)
Has Disney isssued Estoppel certificate yet? If not title company cannot issue your closing documents. It can take awhile.

I am not happy with the broker and title company about this situation after hearing other people on this forum getting their closing documents a week after passing ROFR using the same companies. (Mason and DVC Store)
The title company has to receive the estoppel before they can prepare the closing documents. Not saying they've not dropped the ball, or forgot something in this case, but they also have to wait on Disney to send the estoppel which on average takes 2 weeks. Waiting 2-3 weeks to receive closing docs is not abnormal.

The title company has to receive the estoppel before they can prepare the closing documents. Not saying they've not dropped the ball, or forgot something in this case, but they also have to wait on Disney to send the estoppel which on average takes 2 weeks. Waiting 2-3 weeks to receive closing docs is not abnormal.
ROFR on 3/16
Estoppel on 3/24 (according to broker and title company)
4 weeks since ROFR and 3 weeks since Estoppel
I would be okay if they would have let me know what was going on, but it seems strange they all of a sudden are in a hurry after one phone call?

ROFR on 3/16
Estoppel on 3/24 (according to broker and title company)
4 weeks since ROFR and 3 weeks since Estoppel
I would be okay if they would have let me know what was going on, but it seems strange they all of a sudden are in a hurry after one phone call?
They process so many contracts and not only DVC for the title company but other timeshares. I am not defending your companies BUT this is a long stressful process for all involved and all of us who have been in your shoes before. Read through this entire thread. We have all been in a tough spot. But your day will come.

update again was a delayed closing

Home: HHI
Broker: www.dvcstore.com
Title Company: Hayes Title
Offer made: 12/6/2021
Offer accepted: 12/7/2021
Sent to ROFR: 12/8/2021
Passed ROFR: 12/17/2021
Closing docs received: 4/7/2021
Closing docs returned: 4/7/2021(wire transfer)
Sellers closing docs returned: 4/8/2021
Closing:4/8/2021
Deed recorded: 4/9/2021
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Updated:

Home: OKW
Broker: www.dvcsales.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 3/5/21
Offer accepted: 3/6/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/7/21
Passed ROFR: 03/29/21
Closing docs received: 04/01/21
Closing docs returned: 04/03/21
Sellers closing docs returned:?
Closing: 04/14/2021
Deed recorded:
Membership created and contract showing:
Points in account:
Total time from offer to points in account:

It took me exactly 3 weeks to get my closing docs after getting my ROFR notice. I had finally decided that if I hadn't received them by Wednesday (the 21 day mark), I would check in with the broker and title company. Got them first thing Wednesday morning.

I'm usually a pretty affable and easy-going person. Things happen. But I am zero percent impressed with my Title company.

After returning the closing docs and wiring funds the same day I received them, I patiently waited for a notice that I had closed... at two weeks I started to get antsy, but just as with ROFR, I once again decided I would wait until the 3 week mark before being "that guy" and poking them. I hate being a toothache to others, but now I'm kicking myself because when I did finally poke them (after hearing nothing at 3 the week mark), their reply was that the seller had told them they'd be sending in the closing docs two and a half weeks earlier and looks like they hadn't done it. Nobody from the title company had followed up with the Seller until I said "hey remember me, what's up guys we're about a week out from the closing date?". I shouldn't have forced myself to be patient. Who knows when they would have woken up and actually contacted the seller if I hadn't raised my hand. After I poked them, they did follow up with the seller, and the following day they told me that the seller had replied and them that the've sent the docs now, and they would be received the next day (on a Friday)... so I knew right there I was looking at an additional 4 days...

I (nicely) told them that I was cranky that nobody had followed up with the seller and that I had forced myself to be patient and that since now we were just one week away from the closing date, if it didn't actually close by the 16th as scheduled I intended to terminate the contract. They contacted me Monday morning to say we had closed and the closing docs had been sent to the County. Based on watching these threads I knew that if they had sent the docs to the county Monday morning, it should probably be recorded by Tuesday... maybe Wednesday (today) at the latest. Well it got late enough in the day today and still nothing... After some more heartburn about being a toothache, I finally said to myself "I'm paying these guys, why am I feeling like a jerk for bugging them?" So I contacted them, saying "hey I'm still not seeing this recorded, is there a problem?"... They replied saying no, no problem, but that they were short staffed this week so it hadn't been sent to the county until yesterday afternoon. GRRRRRRR... They specifically said Monday morning (when they said we closed) that it had been sent to the county already, so now I have no reason to believe that they actually did it yesterday afternoon either, and that they haven't sent it just now after once again poking them.

I'm sure folks have probably had great experiences using them. Your mileage may vary. And it isn't their fault that I chose to try to be patient and wait for 3 weeks each on ROFR, Estoppel, and Closing docs. I know now that with my next contract I will be "that guy" who pesters the title company for updates. But I will specifically not be using these folks on my next contract. I have lost all confidence in them.

Home: SSR
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 1/29/21
Offer accepted: 1/29/21
Sent to ROFR: 1/31/21
Passed ROFR: 2/24/21
Estoppel Received: The closing docs came 3 weeks after passing ROFR, but I have no reason to believe it took that long for the Title company to receive the Estoppel. For alI know it came back from Dinsey in 3 hours and the Title Company just dragged their feet on that as well. All the other Estoppels seemed to be coming in about 8-10 days at that time.
Closing docs received: 3/17/21
Closing docs returned: 3/17/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 4/9/21
Closing: 4/12/21
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

I'm usually a pretty affable and easy-going person. Things happen. But I am zero percent impressed with my Title company.

After returning the closing docs and wiring funds the same day I received them, I patiently waited for a notice that I had closed... at two weeks I started to get antsy, but just as with ROFR, I once again decided I would wait until the 3 week mark before being "that guy" and poking them. I hate being a toothache to others, but now I'm kicking myself because when I did finally poke them (after hearing nothing at 3 the week mark), their reply was that the seller had told them they'd be sending in the closing docs two and a half weeks earlier and looks like they hadn't done it. Nobody from the title company had followed up with the Seller until I said "hey remember me, what's up guys we're about a week out from the closing date?". I shouldn't have forced myself to be patient. Who knows when they would have woken up and actually contacted the seller if I hadn't raised my hand. After I poked them, they did follow up with the seller, and the following day they told me that the seller had replied and them that the've sent the docs now, and they would be received the next day (on a Friday)... so I knew right there I was looking at an additional 4 days...

I (nicely) told them that I was cranky that nobody had followed up with the seller and that I had forced myself to be patient and that since now we were just one week away from the closing date, if it didn't actually close by the 16th as scheduled I intended to terminate the contract. They contacted me Monday morning to say we had closed and the closing docs had been sent to the County. Based on watching these threads I knew that if they had sent the docs to the county Monday morning, it should probably be recorded by Tuesday... maybe Wednesday (today) at the latest. Well it got late enough in the day today and still nothing... After some more heartburn about being a toothache, I finally said to myself "I'm paying these guys, why am I feeling like a jerk for bugging them?" So I contacted them, saying "hey I'm still not seeing this recorded, is there a problem?"... They replied saying no, no problem, but that they were short staffed this week so it hadn't been sent to the county until yesterday afternoon. GRRRRRRR... They specifically said Monday morning (when they said we closed) that it had been sent to the county already, so now I have no reason to believe that they actually did it yesterday afternoon either, and that they haven't sent it just now after once again poking them.

I'm sure folks have probably had great experiences using them. Your mileage may vary. And it isn't their fault that I chose to try to be patient and wait for 3 weeks each on ROFR, Estoppel, and Closing docs. I know now that with my next contract I will be "that guy" who pesters the title company for updates. But I will specifically not be using these folks on my next contract. I have lost all confidence in them.

Home: SSR
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 1/29/21
Offer accepted: 1/29/21
Sent to ROFR: 1/31/21
Passed ROFR: 2/24/21
Estoppel Received: The closing docs came 3 weeks after passing ROFR, but I have no reason to believe it took that long for the Title company to receive the Estoppel. For alI know it came back from Dinsey in 3 hours and the Title Company just dragged their feet on that as well. All the other Estoppels seemed to be coming in about 8-10 days at that time.
Closing docs received: 3/17/21
Closing docs returned: 3/17/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 4/9/21
Closing: 4/12/21
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

I used them too! They said on Monday that that they filed with the county, but it hasn't shown up yet. I'm wondering if they are behind in filing my document too!

I'm so sorry that you had a bad experience!

I used them too! They said on Monday that that they filed with the county, but it hasn't shown up yet. I'm wondering if they are behind in filing my document too!

I'm so sorry that you had a bad experience!

Unfortunately, it probably was delayed as well. Hopefully it'll show up tomorrow. Fingers crossed for both of us! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter