Broker: https://*******.com/
Title Company: TRCS, inc
Offer made: 1/22/2021
Offer accepted: 1/23/2021
Sent to ROFR: 1/25/2021
Passed ROFR: 3/2/2021
Closing docs received: 3/8/2021
Closing docs returned: 3/9/2021
Seller returned closing docs: 3/25/2021 (my agent had to contact seller who hadn't opened the email because she thought it was Disney trying to get her to buy DVC again???!!!)
Closing: ????? (Was never told)
Deed recorded: 3/26/2021
Contract Showing: 4/12/2021
Points in account:

I passed ROFR on 3/16 and estoppel was on 3/24. I am using DVC Store and Mason Title. Both broker and title company said closing documents will come "this week."
The closing date on the contract is 5/3.
Does anybody know why closing documents have still not been sent/taken so long?

Home: AKV
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 2/21/21
Offer accepted: 2/21/21
Sent to ROFR: 2/23/21
Passed ROFR: 3/17/21
Estoppel Received: ?
Closing docs received: 4/7/21
Closing docs returned: 4/8/21 including wire transfer (docs received on 4/9/21)
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Home: PVB
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Offer made: 3/4/21
Offer accepted: 3/4/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/8/21
Passed ROFR: 3/29/21 <-- 21 Days
Estoppel received: ?
Closing docs received: 4/5/21
Closing docs returned: 4/5/21
Sellers closing docs returned: ???
Closing: 4/12/21
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

I passed ROFR on 3/16 and estoppel was on 3/24. I am using DVC Store and Mason Title. Both broker and title company said closing documents will come "this week."
The closing date on the contract is 5/3.
Does anybody know why closing documents have still not been sent/taken so long?

Mason are a quicker Title Co. I suspect the seller hasn't sent the docs back yet. I would chase Mason, they are my preferred Title co.

Home: PVB
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Offer made: 3/4/21
Offer accepted: 3/4/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/8/21
Passed ROFR: 3/29/21 <-- 21 Days
Estoppel received: ?
Closing docs returned: 4/5/21
Sellers closing docs returned: ???
Closing: 4/12/21
Deed recorded:
Points in account:
Wow!! Awesome! We passed ROFR the same day, but I haven’t heard back yet about estoppel and haven’t received closing docs, so I’m jealous!

First American... but they’ve been so responsive immediately so far. I’ll give them a couple more days maybe before I see if estoppel is complete/ready to go.
First American... but they’ve been so responsive immediately so far. I’ll give them a couple more days maybe before I see if estoppel is complete/ready to go.
Fingers crossed they will just send you your closing papers! That's what mine did and I misse the estoppel step.

Update:

Home: AKL
Broker: www.**********.com
Title Company: TRCS Inc
Offer made: 1/27/21
Offer accepted: 1/28/21
Sent to ROFR: 1/28/21
Passed ROFR: 2/22/21
Estoppel Received:
Closing docs received: 3/11/21
Closing docs returned: 3/15/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 3/18/21
Closing: 3/29/21
Deed recorded: 3/26/21 (looks like closing occurred and the Deed was recorded on Friday, even though I wasn’t advised until Monday that closing had occurred.
Membership created & contract showing: 4/11/21 (Already a member, saw the contract in my online account and received an email from
member services advising that it had been added and that points would be loaded in 7-10 business days).
Points in account:

Total Time from Offer to Points in Account:

Been waiting for our points to load since 3/8 contacted our Title company yesterday and here was the response we got.

"Disney contacted our office last week to let us know that the Deed that was recorded had an incorrect Unit number on the deed. Therefore, they are requesting a corrective deed. "

Best part was this contract had points that had to be used by 5/31 which now looks like they are totally useless. Has anyone else ran into this situation?
Same boat. Points expiring 5/31. Closing date already passed. Still waiting on Seller to return closing docs due to Covid restrictions.

update:

Home: AKV
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Offer made: 2/21/21
Offer accepted: 2/21/21
Sent to ROFR: 2/23/21
Passed ROFR: 3/17/21
Closing docs received: 4/7/21
Closing docs returned: 4/8/21 including wire transfer (docs received on 4/9/21)
Sellers closing docs returned: 4/13/21
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Home: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Broker: **********
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 3/11/21
Offer accepted: 3/12/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/13/21
Passed ROFR: 4/1/21
Estoppel Received:
Closing docs returned: 4/5/21 (wire received on 4/8/21)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Extremely frustrated and disappointed to post that after nearly 3 weeks of the seller sitting on the closing documents with no communication to the broker or title company, that the seller has changed their mind and has decided NOT to sell afterall. UGH!!!

I wonder if it was the change in the market and now they can get more. I was so worried about ROFR taking the contract that I never in a million years thought the seller would just walk away. I sure hope that Fidelity & Mason are charging the seller an arm & leg in fees. According to the broker, I should get all of my monies back. Waiting for title company to confirm how & when that will happen.

I stupidly wired the money for the closing when I signed my documents. IF I end up trying again, I definitely will hold closing funds until sellers return their documentation.

Home: CCV
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Offer made: 2/17/21
Offer accepted: 2/18/21
Sent to ROFR: 2/22/21
Passed ROFR: 3/15/21
Closing docs received: 3/25/21
Closing docs returned: 3/29/21
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Membership created & contract showing:
Points in account:

Extremely frustrated and disappointed to post that after nearly 3 weeks of the seller sitting on the closing documents with no communication to the broker or title company, that the seller has changed their mind and has decided NOT to sell afterall. UGH!!!

I wonder if it was the change in the market and now they can get more. I was so worried about ROFR taking the contract that I never in a million years thought the seller would just walk away. I sure hope that Fidelity & Mason are charging the seller an arm & leg in fees. According to the broker, I should get all of my monies back. Waiting for title company to confirm how & when that will happen.

I stupidly wired the money for the closing when I signed my documents. IF I end up trying again, I definitely will hold closing funds until sellers return their documentation.

Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:
Bummer. Sorry this happened to you. I know it probably seems like a complete waste of time but I know a better contract will come along for you. I look forward to seeing your next one on here. I think you should ask the broker if you use them again to give you a special break next time.

Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

How utterly frustrating! I hope something better comes along but I know the waste of time can also be problematic.

Tomorrow will be a week from when our contract was sent out. I still haven't heard an update if the seller has submitted his documents. I'm pretty sure their wait sucks the most because it's based on how motivated the individual is to get his $$.
Don’t forget they need to notarize their docs so depending on the covid protocols in their area it might take some time. But just read how some other sellers walked away from the sale after ROFR so now anxiously waiting for my closing docs as well. I thought ROFR was the biggest battle! 😖

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter