Home: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Broker: The Timeshare Store
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 3/10/19
Offer accepted: 3/10/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/11/19
Passed ROFR: 3/20/19
Closing docs received: 3/25/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/28/19 (in the mail)
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/28/19 (in the mail)
Closing: 4/2/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 4/2/19
Contract Visible on member site: 4/10/19
Points in my account: 4/16/19

I celebrated by booking a couple of nights in October at OKW, and waitlisting Kidani. :-)

We finally received word from the title company that the sale has been “finalized” and the change in ownership sent to Disney. They didn’t use the word “closed”. I’m not exactly sure of what they mean as when I check the Orange County website our deed is not there.

Does Disney actually wait to see or receive the recorded deed to start the process of adding the new contract to our membership?

This has been the most frustrating process of the four times we purchased. We passed ROFR on 3/1 and it took more than three weeks for our closing docs (First American) and then another two plus weeks for the seller to send theirs back.

We finally received word from the title company that the sale has been “finalized” and the change in ownership sent to Disney. They didn’t use the word “closed”. I’m not exactly sure of what they mean as when I check the Orange County website our deed is not there.

Does Disney actually wait to see or receive the recorded deed to start the process of adding the new contract to our membership?

This has been the most frustrating process of the four times we purchased. We passed ROFR on 3/1 and it took more than three weeks for our closing docs (First American) and then another two plus weeks for the seller to send theirs back.
Ours showed up on the County website yesterday afternoon, after closing that morning, but that was with Mason Title. I’ve read nothing good about First American, but glad to hear yours closed. Good luck moving forward, hopefully they pick up their pace.

Waiting for the seller’s docs is frustrating, we waited a similar time, but I would have been livid if the title company took 3 weeks for the closing docs without a seriously viable reason. Live and learn I guess, but it’s stories like yours that will keep me from using them for our next add-on. Take a deep breathe though, you’re on the home stretch!

First Update:

Home: BLT
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 3/13/19
Offer accepted: 3/14/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/18/19
Passed ROFR: 3/27/19
Closing docs received: 4/5/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 4/17/19 (caught us out of town and then had to find a notary to complete...so an extra week)
Seller’s closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded on OC site:
Contract Visible on member site:
Points in my account:
Member letter received:

So apparently they're not lying when they say it could take 2-3 weeks to transfer ownership. We closed on the 5th, deed recorded on same day. Disney says they received on Monday the 8th, called today and still in process :(

So apparently they're not lying when they say it could take 2-3 weeks to transfer ownership. We closed on the 5th, deed recorded on same day. Disney says they received on Monday the 8th, called today and still in process :(
Exactly the same dates as me, when I called earlier they said hopefully by Friday, it’s in the queue, all very frustrating now

I called them yesterday and the lady that I spoke with said they received my paperwork on 4/4 (though another had previously said it was received 4/5) and that their current waits are 2 weeks from the date of receipt. She suggested that I call back tomorrow since that would be the 2 week mark. I’m not sure how much of a difference a day will make, but my fingers are crossed that I will get the good news today.

Update:

Home: Animal Kingdom Villas
Broker: The Timeshare Store
Offer made: 3/28/19
Offer accepted: 3/29/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/30/19
Passed ROFR: 4/13/19
Closing docs received: 4/17/19
Closing docs returned: TBD
Funds sent: TBD
Seller returned closing docs: TBD
Closing: TBD
Deed recorded on OC site: TBD
Contract Visible on member site: TBD
Points in my account: TBD

Final Update:
Home: Animal Kingdom Villas
Broker: DVC Sales
Offer made: 3/6/19
Offer accepted: 3/9/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/10/19
Passed ROFR: 3/19/19
Closing docs received: 3/22/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/25/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/30/19
Closing: 4/1/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 4/1/19
Contract Visible on member site: 4/8/19
Points in my account: 4/13/19

I called them yesterday and the lady that I spoke with said they received my paperwork on 4/4 (though another had previously said it was received 4/5) and that their current waits are 2 weeks from the date of receipt. She suggested that I call back tomorrow since that would be the 2 week mark. I’m not sure how much of a difference a day will make, but my fingers are crossed that I will get the good news today.
Seems today is not my lucky day either. Pretty frustrating, but I’m glad it’s almost over and done with. And all things considered, everything else went pretty quickly (including ROFR!) so I guess there was bound to be a snag somewhere along the line.

Home: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Broker: Resales DVC
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Sweet
Offer made: 2/13/19
Offer accepted: 2/13/19
Sent to ROFR: 2/13/19
Passed ROFR: 3/4/19
Closing docs received: 3/12/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/14/19 (in the mail)
Seller’s closing docs returned: Unknown
Closing: 3/20/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 3/21/19
Contract Visible on member site: 3/31/19
Points in my account: 3/31/19

I called on Friday 3/29 but was told the contract was still in the sellers name. I received an email on 3/31 with an activation code for my DVC account. When I called the member services agent was able to provide me with my club ID by verifying my name and the activation code. I was able to get logged on and the points showed in my account about 3 hours later.

So I just called again, how is it that now I'm told they don't have my paperwork and that they just received estoppel on the 10th??? Ugh. . I'll be calling back later. This is so frustrating.

Fellow new member here and I’ve been getting the same response from Member Administration. Based on others data here in this thread I figured that calling MS around 7-8 days post-deed recording would be safe. My deed was recorded on 4/4 so I called on 4/11 and was told it was received on 4/5 and they are processed in the order in which they were received and that was that. I called the next day hoping to at least get a ballpark date and the response I got was 2-3 weeks from when the information is received. Called again yesterday (annoying perhaps, but my dates are filling up fast and we’re getting very anxious) and got the same response.

Hey just a quick update. I received the email with my temporary password yesterday, April 18. I called today to receive my member number and Club ID (You will need the club id number to access the website). So, that was 13 days total. However, the point aren’t loaded into my account yet. THE AGONY. But, I’m super excited.

My deed was recorded on the same date. I received an email yesterday with a temporary password. And today I received my Member Number and Club ID via phone.

Quick question why is it that Fidelity closing company first American is taking sooooo long to provide the closing docs when other closing companies can do it in no time?
I don’t have the answer but I know just what you mean. We passed ROFR on 3/1 and didn’t receive the closing docs until 3/26. I called them because I had questions on the documents. I also inquired about the delay as other companies were turning around the documents in a matter of days. They wouldn’t or couldn’t answer the question.

Two weeks from when? My account existed 7 days after my contract was recorded on the OC Website. The points were in my account 5 days after that. I was a new member as well. 2 weeks doesn't sound right unless they are just buffering and they mean from recording until points in your account. I even got the physical mail to my house within 2 weeks of the OC website being updated.
I called this morning and the response was also that it takes two weeks. I can see that many seem to be appearing in under ten days. However, I think they are just trying to manage expectations.

Ours showed up on the County website yesterday afternoon, after closing that morning, but that was with Mason Title. I’ve read nothing good about First American, but glad to hear yours closed. Good luck moving forward, hopefully they pick up their pace.

Waiting for the seller’s docs is frustrating, we waited a similar time, but I would have been livid if the title company took 3 weeks for the closing docs without a seriously viable reason. Live and learn I guess, but it’s stories like yours that will keep me from using them for our next add-on. Take a deep breathe though, you’re on the home stretch!
Ours still isn’t showing on the website but we closed on Tuesday. At least member administration was kind enough to confirm that they have our documentation.

Update:
Similar resorts , different brokers

Home: BLT
Broker: Resales DVC
Title Company: Jeffrey C Sweet
Offer made: 3/18/19
Offer accepted: 3/19/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/20/19
Passed ROFR: 3/30/19
Closing docs received: 4/9/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 4/10/19 (they let me email them)
Seller’s closing docs -4/19
Closing- 4/22 was closed today!!!
Deed recorded on OC site: 4/23
Contract Visible on member site: 5/8?- the 2 week wait is on!!
Points in my account: 5/9?
(I’m already a member)

Estimated remaining dates.

Last edited:
Home: SSR
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: Jan 22/19
Offer accepted: Jan 22/19
Sent to ROFR: Jan 24/19
Passed ROFR: Feb 27/19
Closing docs received: March 05/19
Closing docs returned: March 06/19
Seller returned closing docs: March 28/19
Closing: April 03/19
Deed recorded: April 05/19
Contract visible: Apr 19/19
Points in my account:

Nearly 4 months start to finish because of 35 days ROFR and sellers taking a long time but almost there

(2nd Update) Almost there, feels like this has taken forever!

Home: Animal Kingdom Villas (120 points)
Broker: Fidelity
Title Company: First American Title Insurance Company
Offer made: 2/17/19
Offer accepted: 2/17/19
Contract received and returned: 2/19/19
Sent to ROFR: 2/26/19
Passed ROFR: 3/6/19
Closing docs received: 4/5/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 4/6/19 (wired funds on 4/13/19)
Seller’s closing docs returned:International Seller 4/15/19
Closing: 4/19/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 4/19/19
Contract Visible on member site: TBD
Points in my account: TBD
Membership welcome letter and number: TBD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter