Closing Time!!

8 days post deed recording and I'm super excited to say - we've booked our first DVC trip!! From offer to booking was 45 days. Welcome home to me and DH :hug: A huge THANK YOU to the invaluable knowledge and tips I found from the posters in these DVC forums...you all helped our wishes come true :tink:
Very best to those still in the race, keep the faith. :goodvibes
Awesome!!! We closed a day or two after you - will be calling tomorrow to see if we can get our number!! See you at VWL!!

FYI they were on the 17th today.

13 days post closing documents(rec'd back at title co-5/11) , Post DEED recording, 8 days :)

Awesome!!! We closed a day or two after you - will be calling tomorrow to see if we can get our number!! See you at VWL!!

Good luck! After some comments I've read with folks having problems getting their info, I was expecting the third degree. But, it was so easy, just called member services - selected opt 3 - member ACCOUNTING, then opt 4. Gave them my name and address, and got my member ID within seconds. Then, they transferred me, to member services I believe, and got my ID and validation code. Signed up online, and booked (and there (edited to clarify: appeared to be) was tons of availability for studios at end Jan/beg Feb 2018 for us to choose from), all within 15 minutes :) See you at the lodge !!

Last edited:
FYI they were on the 17th today.

Awesome!!! I was the 18th so will be calling today thanks!!

13 days post closing documents(rec'd back at title co-5/11) , Post DEED recording, 8 days :)

Good luck! After some comments I've read with folks having problems getting their info, I was expecting the third degree. But, it was so easy, just called member services - selected opt 3 - member ACCOUNTING, then opt 4. Gave them my name and address, and got my member ID within seconds. Then, they transferred me, to member services I believe, and got my ID and validation code. Signed up online, and booked (and there was tons of availability for studios at end Jan/beg Feb 2018 for us to choose from), all within 15 minutes :) See you at the lodge !!

Excellent!! Great information!! I am looking at that time frame - maybe I'll see you there! :)

So i just spoke with Claire who was lovely...but she said the 18th has not been transferred yet but she will move me to the top of the list when the transfers are done and to call back and check in on Tuesday. So - you know I will be calling tomorrow! :P

So i just spoke with Claire who was lovely...but she said the 18th has not been transferred yet but she will move me to the top of the list when the transfers are done and to call back and check in on Tuesday. So - you know I will be calling tomorrow! :P

Hopefully tomorrow! I'm a day or two after you.

Does this mean we closed? I never got a notification from closing company, but our deed is on the comptroller site with a recorded date of yesterday.

Offer Made/Accepted: 3/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/22
Passed ROFR: 4/12
Closing Docs received: 5/19
Closing Docs sent back: 5/23
Closed: ????
Recorded: 5/25?

Does this mean we closed? I never got a notification from closing company, but our deed is on the comptroller site with a recorded date of yesterday.

Offer Made/Accepted: 3/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/22
Passed ROFR: 4/12
Closing Docs received: 5/19
Closing Docs sent back: 5/23
Closed: ????
Recorded: 5/25?

Yes! Now wait about 7-8 days and call Member administration! Congrats!!!

FINAL UPDATE!!!

Offer Made: 4/6
Offer Accepted: 4/6
Sent to ROFR: 4/6
Passed ROFR: 4/20
Closing Docs Received: 5/9
Closing docs sent back: 5/12
Closed: 5/18
Recorded: 5/19
Disney switched names: 5/25
Called and received ID: 5/26

So excited to start planning!!!

Congrats, have fun planning!! :goodvibes

So our 150 pts package closed on May 5th...I have not received any email or mail or anything from DVC. So I finally had some time to day to call Membership Services and the member said that I had been recorded in the system but that she couldn't give me my number over the phone because she couldn't verify my identity...

So I called again...hit Option #4 to Accounting as suggested above, then option #3 and got another member. She said that she has no way to tell me the number as that number is given to them by our Escrow Agent...

And thinking third times the charm I called MS again...this time spoke to a new person and he was trying to get the info for me but couldn't as Admin office had just closed for the weekend....he said to call back on Tuesday after the long weekend. Ya. No luck at all today.

So how is it that you all were able to get your membership numbers when you called in? I waited a full three weeks after closing?! Terribly frustrated with the lack of consistent service from MS already and I haven't even booked first vacay yet?!

This purchase started way back on February 21st. Its now May 26th and I still don't have a membership number yet. We are international buyers (Canadian) so that took some delays but its been so incredibly long. We also bought a 35 point package (the seller was also Canadian so that added even more delays)...its set to close on May 30th.

For me the resale purchase process has been VERY painful. Bang.head.here...

Thanks for the vent

Last edited:
So our 150 pts package closed on May 5th...I have not received any email or mail or anything from DVC. So I finally had some time to day to call Membership Services and the member said that I had been recorded in the system but that she couldn't give me my number over the phone because she couldn't verify my identity...

So I called again...hit Option #4 to Accounting as suggested above, then option #3 and got another member. She said that she has no way to tell me the number as that number is given to them by our Escrow Agent...

And thinking third times the charm I called MS again...this time spoke to a new person and he was trying to get the info for me but couldn't as Admin office had just closed for the weekend....he said to call back on Tuesday after the long weekend. Ya. No luck at all today.

So how is it that you all were able to get your membership numbers when you called in? I waited a full three weeks after closing?! Terribly frustrated with the lack of consistent service from MS already and I haven't even booked first vacay yet?!

This purchase started way back on February 21st. Its now May 26th and I still don't have a membership number yet. We are international buyers (Canadian) so that took some delays but its been so incredibly long. We also bought a 35 point package (the seller was also Canadian so that added even more delays)...its set to close on May 30th.

Thanks for the vent

I'm sorry you're going through such a tough time getting your information :sad1: Your experience was what I was expecting when I called in last week - I don't know why getting my ID was so easy, and other folks like yourself have such a hard time - there just appears to be so much inconsistency in the way the calls are handled, the training of the CM's in MS has to be called in to question here. Good luck today, hope you are able to get your access. BTW, I did get a formal letter from DVC a few days after I called MS last week; the letter was to notify me of my membership number, so it appears they do still send out written communication too...

What number do we call to get our member ID when we get tired of waiting for the letter...:smooth::thanks:
I called main DVC line @ 407-566-3800 and selected option 3, and then option 4. When the line was answered, I told them my name and said I recently closed on DVC and was looking to see if I had a member number had been assigned yet. They asked for name and address, and then provided me a number . I was then transferred - I think it was to member services - and was given my DVC ID and an activation code. From there, I registered online and was able to book our first DVC stay. Good luck!

Thanks for the vent

I understand your vent, that's what I was told as well couldn't identify my identity??? I has to ask again, because the que asked for the last ssn number. It's frustrating, when you see some called and no problems and those of us are calling and being told something else. I would prefer the consistency, it doesn't help members, as well as when calling, because when you say, well one member on the board called and got theirs. It puts both parties in a spot.

So this is what I was just told as I'm typing this, Accounting doesn't get the information until all of the information is put in the system, therefore, even if it's in the system, from calling MS, everything isn't completed, when I was told they couldn't verify my identity, they didn't have our socials yet.

Here is our timeline:
Offer made - 3/23
Offer accepted - 3/24
Received contract - 3/28
Sent to ROFR - 4/3
Passed ROFR - 4/20
Received closing docs - 5/11
Returned closing docs - 5/12
Seller returned - ?
Closed - 5/30
Deed recorded - 5/31

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!