Closing Time!!

*Update on previous post*

Timeline so far for our 160 pt AKV contract, it was kind of a weird situation!

Offer Made: 3/22
Offer Accepted: 3/24
Sent to ROFR: 3/30
*no notice of passing ROFR*
Closing Docs Received: 4/19
Closing docs sent back: 4/20
Closed: 5/3
Recorded: 5/4

ETA: immediately after posting I checked the comptroller website and there it was!! :)

Last edited:
Did you book a trip yet? We are going in August on rented points, I really need to just bank to 100 2017 points LIKE I PLANNED, but I keep playing with the RAT...

Meanwhile, on the agenda after lunch is to buy 25 points direct. :)

Congrats kboo!
Silly question, did you just go online to DVC or call regarding a certain resort & use year to buy 25 points? I am going to be a first time owner. The Title Company received my docs today & are processing the file. I am think about adding a few point direct, but not sure how to best do so.

Thanks for any guidance you can give. :)

Congrats kboo!
Silly question, did you just go online to DVC or call regarding a certain resort & use year to buy 25 points? I am going to be a first time owner. The Title Company received my docs today & are processing the file. I am think about adding a few point direct, but not sure how to best do so.

Thanks for any guidance you can give. :)

Welcome home!

Here's my experience, and the experience of some recent direct add-ons. I think so long as it's not VGF, BWV, BCV, VGC (any others?) it should be relatively easy to add on. But, YMMV and it doesn't hurt to keep calling.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/adding-on-direct-after-buying-resale-blt-tips-advice.3602244/

FYI I just called Member Services for my member number after closing on 4/28 and deed being recorded in 4/29. They are working on those contracts that recorded on 4/25 right now.

ETA: immediately after posting I checked the comptroller website and there it was!! :)

Congrats! Was the time in between you sending docs back on the 20th and closing on the 3rd just waiting on seller? We got ours on the 29th and sent them back the same day but still waiting on the seller to sign and return. I contacted the broker and they followed up with them right away, but I know they are limited in what they can do.

I received closing docs 5/1, sent them back 5/2. I called the title company today 5/9 to confirm they received everything and they have. From the seller too! She said it is in recording and will be done this week and be sent to Disney. Seller must've been very motivated (shouldn't they all?), so it's been what seems like a faster process than most.

There's a site to check, what the name, if you cant post the link. I'll google it.

It's Orange County Florida Comptroller - record's search. I can't figure out how to copy/paste the link being the tech challenged person that I am.

It's Orange County Florida Comptroller - record's search. I can't figure out how to copy/paste the link being the tech challenged person that I am.
http://or.occompt.com/recorder/web/

The site can be very picky about the way you enter info. If the name you enter is not exactly the way they have it, it will not come up in the search.

Congrats! Was the time in between you sending docs back on the 20th and closing on the 3rd just waiting on seller? We got ours on the 29th and sent them back the same day but still waiting on the seller to sign and return. I contacted the broker and they followed up with them right away, but I know they are limited in what they can do.

Yup :p just waiting on the seller. I guess they were international so that takes longer

*UPDATE*

Timeline for us:

Initial offer and negotiations: 3/28
Signed contract sent to Disney for ROFR: 3/29
ROFR waived: 4/11
Closing Docs Sent to me: 4/19
Returned my closing docs but withheld $$$ until sellers docs received: 4/20
Sellers docs received: 4/24
Money sent overnight: 4/24
Money received by title company and sent to county for recording: 4/25
Deed recorded by the county: 4/27
Points loaded into my account: 5/10

It took 6 weeks and 1 day from negotiations to points loaded. Whoo Hoo! I'm already trying to decide where to use the extra points. Haha!

*UPDATE*

Timeline for us:

Initial offer and negotiations: 3/28
Signed contract sent to Disney for ROFR: 3/29
ROFR waived: 4/11
Returned my closing docs but withheld $$$ until sellers docs received: 4/20
Sellers docs received: 4/24
Money sent overnight: 4/24
Money received by title company and sent to county for recording: 4/25
Deed recorded by the county: 4/27
Points loaded into my account: 5/10

It took 6 weeks and 1 day from negotiations to points loaded. Whoo Hoo! I'm already trying to decide where to use the extra points. Haha!

We are 4 business days behind you. That gives me hope for early next week! Thanks for keeping that updated.

*UPDATE* Closed (finally)

Timeline for us:

Initial offer and negotiations: 3/7
Signed contract sent to Disney for ROFR: 3/14
ROFR waived: 3/27
Returned my closing documents and payment: 4/21
Sellers docs received: ?? 5/7 maybe?
Closed: ??
Deed recorded: 5/10

So hopefully I can call on the 26th and get my membership stuff set up.

I just wanted to say thank you to @PaintsWithAllTheColors whom formats I've been able to copy and paste my info into. :-) It's been great being a week behind you lol. Knowing that we used the same broker and title company I've been able to have a good idea on when my stuff should be completed. It is now that final stretch so make sure you post when you have your member info/points....don't leave me hangin'!

*The contract: $79-$13956-160-AKV-Feb-0/16, 120/17, 160/18
Offer Made: 4/7
Offer Accepted: 4/7
Sent to ROFR: 4/10
Closing Docs Received: 5/1
Closing docs sent back: 5/2
Closed: ?
Recorded: 5/10

The norm is people calling MA 10-12 days post recording?

Really good format for people tracking the process to their new contract!

*The contract: $85-$-125-AKV-Dec-0/16, 113/17, 12/18 *(borrowed points from 2018 so no MF)
Offer Made: 3/30
Offer Accepted: 3/31
Sent to ROFR: 3/31
Passed ROFR: 4/17
Closing Docs Received: 5/10
Closing docs sent back: 5/11
Closed: ?
Recorded: ?
Member # received by mail or phone:?

Closing documents were sent to the seller on 5/4 so maybe there will be less of a wait for closing/recording assuming everything's in order?

Yup :p just waiting on the seller. I guess they were international so that takes longer

Finally got word today the seller docs will arrive at broker tomorrow am, which will be 13 days from getting the email until they received them back signed. (Ours were returned same day:o). I have enjoyed following you and kboo as you are both about a month ahead of us. Hoping everything is recorded by Tues and then points loaded by end of month if all goes well.

We are debating a short trip for DD6 Birthday in Oct. She really wants to do MNSSHP so would be a cool surprise. I'll be curious if there is much studio/1 bed availability only 4+ months out and being busy season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter