Closing Time!!

Offer 9/3
Accepted 9/9
ROFR 9/13
Passed 10/5
Closing Docs 10/22
Sent 10/24
Deed Recorded 10/27
Points loaded 11/5 (Add on so we did not need a member number)

June 2017 Here we come!

Sent for ROFR - 9/29
Passed - 10/5
Closing docs rec'd - 10/21
Closed - 10/26
Recorded - 10/27
Contract / Pts loaded - 11/5

37 days, start to finish. Much nicer than 90+ earlier this year!

Offer made 9/30
Sent for ROFR 10/3
Passed - 10/11
Closing docs received - 10/28
Returned by me - 10/31
Returned by seller - 11/2

Still waiting on recording and points...hoping that the recording happens today.

I think you closed right around the time I did (I closed Oct 26). Everything I've read says to wait until around day 12. You can try sooner around day 8-9 but being in the system then is rare. You may just want to wait a few days.
I called today and was given everything!! Points are completely loaded and I am planning away!!

So I have a question.. first contract.. We Closed on Oct 22nd. But the deed was not recorded until 11/2. When is a reasonable time to call to request a member number? what information do I need ? My contract number? thanks! I am trying no to be impatient...

Our first purchase: AKV

Offer submitted/accepted: 9/2
Passed ROFR: 9/22
Closing Docs Received: 10/17
Returned: 10/19
The seller took a week to send in paperwork. It felt like our title company was really slow.
Closed and Recorded: 11/1

Now the excruciating wait until we can call to get our member # and book a trip. Almost there!

Who was your title company?

Who was your title company?

Our title company was Timeshare Title and More. We submitted our closing docs paperwork on 10/19. They confirmed receipt on 10/20. We sent a note to them on the evening of 10/24 asking status of the seller's paperwork. Received a reply email on 10/26 confirming that they had received the sellers paperwork on 10/25. Paperwork finally submitted for closure on 10/31. Maybe my expectations are unreasonable, but this seemed long to me based on what I'm seeing on the forums.

Our title company was Timeshare Title and More. We submitted our closing docs paperwork on 10/19. They confirmed receipt on 10/20. We sent a note to them on the evening of 10/24 asking status of the seller's paperwork. Received a reply email on 10/26 confirming that they had received the sellers paperwork on 10/25. Paperwork finally submitted for closure on 10/31. Maybe my expectations are unreasonable, but this seemed long to me based on what I'm seeing on the forums.
I know TT&M used to ask Disney to confirm the status of the contract (points avail and such) again immediately prior to closing the sale to ensure the seller hadn't used any of the points listed as part of the sale. That caused a slight delay in closing-not sure if they are still doing that.

So I have a question.. first contract.. We Closed on Oct 22nd. But the deed was not recorded until 11/2. When is a reasonable time to call to request a member number? what information do I need ? My contract number? thanks! I am trying no to be impatient...

It's looking like at least 10 days...I was recorded on 10/31...Still nothing in my account today is the 10th day. I'm going to call tomorrow if i don't get anything by the end of today

Mine is in California if that makes a difference, but they received the docs, closed and recorded all on the same day- 10/31. Have not checked for a number yet. I will wait for summabreeze

Offer made 9/30
Sent for ROFR 10/3
Passed - 10/11
Closing docs received - 10/28
Returned by me - 10/31
Returned by seller - 11/2

Still waiting on recording and points...hoping that the recording happens today.

Deed recorded on 11/8. Now just waiting on points.

recorded 10/31, so its 12 days, double strike out today, I tried option 3 and the lady was no help, then I called back and tried option 1 and they looked me up but said since I paid in full they do not have the number yet. Trying to make a 7 month birthday, will be close. How long does it take top get a packet

recorded 10/31, so its 12 days, double strike out today, I tried option 3 and the lady was no help, then I called back and tried option 1 and they looked me up but said since I paid in full they do not have the number yet. Trying to make a 7 month birthday, will be close. How long does it take top get a packet
I would try again. We closed on 10/31 and recorded on 11/1 and I was able to get the member number on Wednesday,11/9. I called and used Option 3 which was Member Accounting. The lady told me I should wait for the packet in the mail. I told her I really wanted to book a vacation. She transferred me to Member Administration and the lady was very helpful. I was able to get my member number from her. Then they transferred me to Website Support for the activation code.

I clicked option 2 and somehow did not get the right person. the guy was really nice and transferred me to member administration. When the lady answered the phone i asked if she could check on a resale membership transfer for me because i have points expiring at the end of this month. she took my name, the sellers name, and the contract number. She came back and told me she didn't have the transfer documents or the deed. That's weird, it was recorded on 10/31. She said the only thing she had was the estopped which she sent the title company on 10/12. She said i'd need to call my broker. i immediately contacted fidelity and first american title. they were quick to respond. Angelo told me he did in fact send it on 10/31 and copied and pasted the proof. he said he contacted disney. at the time he was writing me they had already responded. they told him they were going to work on membership today and monday. All of this took place around 2pm. the contract is in my account! but no points are loaded. i hope i don't have to wait until monday for that.

Here is our timeline:
Offer: 7/31
Sent for ROFR: 8/10
Passes ROFR: 8/16ish
Closing Docs Returned: 9/1
Seller returned closing docs: 10/28 (longest wait ever!)
Closed: 10/31
Called for member ID: November 9

November 10: Booked 5 nights in OKW-HH studio: December 18-23, 2016
1 night Poly studio: December 23, 2016

I have no idea how we got so lucky on the very last-minute Christmas booking! Must have been karma for the sellers taking so long on closing docs!

Last edited:
Called and got my member ID and activation code but I keep getting an error saying please enter a valid club ID. I even called back to double check the number and its still not working. Am I using the wrong number?

Never mind. Called a third time and got the correct number. Needed the club ID not member ID. Now just waiting for points to be loaded.

Last edited:
Offer 9/29
Accepted 9/29
Sent ROFR 10/03
Passed ROFR 10/11
Closing Docs 10/28
Sent 10/29
Deed Recorded 11/14 (seller was slow to return documents according to title company)

Already a member so points should load soon. All in all, very happy they closed so fast so that we didn't have to pay MF as part of closing process - much faster compared to our original purchase last year.

Offer 9/1
Sent ROFR 9/1
Passed ROFR 9/20
Closing docs 10/19 (hurricane delay)
Returned 10/20
Closed 11/13
Recorded 11/14

International sale. Took them a little longer to get docs returned, but went smoothly overall. Now to wait for Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter